Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39
Seabird #2222957 03/02/09 12:55 PM
A
A
Anytime!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
S
Well, my last weekend without the kids was a bust. I was sick as a dog, and got caught at work. When I was not working I was sleeping. I was supposed to get together with some friends on Sat. night, but that did not happen.

I had heard from the one guy that I had been seeing until right before Christmas. He crushed me, even though I really do not think he realized it. I had told him I did not want to continue with how our R was, and he said he thought of me as "a really good friend" so I just ended it. Meanwhile, I was very sad about it, but, I got over it.

As soon as I was over him, I got a text from him that he wanted to talk. I told him no, I could not get together. He called and left me a message that he missed talking to me, missed being around me... I did not call back. He called a few more times in the next week, and I finally took the bait. I was intrigued... we got together, talked and talked for hours. It was nice. BUT... after that day he called me a few times, and the last time he did, I realized I was just like, "oh, it's him". No excitement, no happiness, just like he was anyone... So that was that. I do not want to have someone around just for the sake of having someone around. Not my style at all.

I have a wedding coming up next weekend. I was supposed to go with this one guy friend of mine, but he canceled on me the other day, he got a new job and had to work. That was fine. But then I was stuck with the "I don't want to go by myself or with another woman!' I called up another one of my guy friends, and he said that he would go. Which is good, because you can throw him anywhere, and he gets along with everyone. Plus, he is easy on the eyes. grin I am looking forward to going. We were joking around that we were going to request a song and then break out into a "Dancing with the Stars" routine... I think that would be hilarious!

So that is all that is up with me....

Sadmo #2226330 03/07/09 08:29 PM
P
P
OK, here's what I did today.

Got the airplane all back together after a 4 month sabbatical waiting for parts and better weather.

She flew beautifully.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
Pariah #2226333 03/07/09 08:37 PM
A
A
Hopefully new guy and I are getting together tomorrow. He got called into work yesterday and today. He works ER at a local Hospital and they are under staffed and over worked. He makes good money working OT but has no life because of it. It's frustrating trying to date someone with this kind of a schedule but I'm willing to be patient for a little while to see if he's willing to cut back the OT like he says.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
P
P
So the strangest thing happened today.

One of Tabitha's employees made a pass at me.

She flat out gave me her phone number and asked me to take her flying and shooting.

This little girl ain't but 22 years old and I'm freakin 43.

I do know all of her boyfriends have been total losers and wind up disappointing her every time. I thing she has lost her sense of boundaries as she grows desperate to find a companion.

This little chicky looks like Liv Tyler, but I stopped dating 20 somethings when I was 20 something.

I ain't into raising children.

I ain't told Tabs as she would just abruptly fire her.

Pariah #2228457 03/11/09 10:52 AM
L
L
Maybe she SHOULD be fired for making a pass at the boss's boyfriend. I wouldn't want one of my employees stabbing me in the back.

I think you should tell...

Lexxxy #2228484 03/11/09 11:21 AM
P
P
I told her yesterday.

She said Twitney is a child and just ignore her. She has daddy issues.

Anyways, my boss took me to lunch again yesterday!

We flew to a sandwich shop a few towns over from Atlanta.

We had a GREAT time and talked about nothing but airplanes.

I made a video of the trip for him and gave him the DVD this morning, he was absolutely thrilled.

Anyways, here's a short clip of our landing as we pass over the company building. Yes, they put us right beside another plane on final which made approach interesting.

Pariah #2228511 03/11/09 11:45 AM
C
C
Last night, I had trouble sleeping...don't know why. Just did.

This morning, the first thing I heard on NPR was about the shooting at the high school in southwest Germany.

My daughter was in Germany for 3 weeks last summer and we hosted a German student for 3 weeks last fall.

All I could think of was....."Where is that in relationship to J"

So, I rushed to the den and booted up the computer. Went to CNN and their map didn't help much....I knew the name of the town J lives in but couldn't place it on the map......Fortunately, she wasn't in the town where the shooting took place but she was in that general area.....Maybe 50-75 miles away.

Still a little weirded out over the coincidence and the sadness of what happened.

cinderella #2228776 03/11/09 06:04 PM
A
A
Nice video Pariah but every time you zoomed in I got airsick from the movement!!! LOL sick

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
P
P
Yeah, it was bouncy on approach. laugh

Pariah #2229551 03/12/09 10:16 PM
S
S
Booka! Where are you??? I need my Thursday night reading! grin

Well, me and the kids are sick. I took them to the doctor today, who promptly sat ME down and examined me as well.... I have a throat infection, sinus infection AND bronchitis! Their doctor kept chastising me for not taking care of MYSELF.... One of my kids has an ear infection, the other one a bad cough... We ALL left with prescriptions. So while the scripts were being filled, we went to the movie section of the store and picked out some cheap movies to watch. I tossed them in the tub after an early dinner, and then we watched one movie in our jammies. Then off to bed. I am tired too, but I am waiting for some of my clothes for work to dry, so then I will not have to iron them... as much!

Tomorrow, if they are better, we have a fun fair to go to, and then I will drop them at their dad's. I will then work a half day (late) and the next day is my friend's wedding. I am hoping I will feel better by then. I am not feeling too hott right now...

Clothes are done! Off to bed for me!

Sadmo #2229745 03/13/09 10:48 AM
B
B
I've been super-busy at work an then super-busy in my personal life to make up for being super-busy at work. I am healthy and happy and having fun in the single-guy mode. There were a couple of weekends that I didn't have time to write-up but I do have write-ups for the last two and I need to do some slight editing on them to protect the innocent. My latest thing is trying to become more engaged with the society of my town outside the realm of the tavern. I have been spending time with one of the natives and he serves to some extent as a social hub. I am seeking his friendship and it seems in some respects that could not have made a better choice. I hung out with him Sunday, Tuesday, and last night. I recently joined the Knights of Columbus and attended my first meeting two weeks ago. I was also elected to the board of the county Municipal League. I also have a lot of events going on in the neighborhood and have not made a plan for a weekend in a long time, things just happen. I've had a couple of spectacular weekends in a row. I have lost all interest in dating at this point in time and haven't really analyzed why. I am for the most part abundantly happy in the current phase of my life. Oh, and I'm going back to the mop-top look at least until the weather is warmer.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
booka #2229746 03/13/09 10:48 AM
B
B
Oh, and Sadmo, I hope that you have a healthy household!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
booka #2229992 03/13/09 04:36 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Mmmmmmmmmmmm has been awhile since I've been here!!!

Bathroom is done almost, still decorating it!!!! It is gorgeous!

Has been a very long week!!!! I am ready for the weekend and it is to be 60 tomorrow!!!

Haven't had a whole lot to do with Stan the last 2 weeks, went from daily contact to nothing almost, he asked if we could go out on Saturday, so will see what is up with that, when asked via text what was up, told had personal issues going on!

Bowling guy, has been strange again, kind of jealous of Stan which is funny. Will spend time with both on Saturday so will see how that goes, not at the same time. Saturday is our last week of bowling with the kids and my league wraps up on Sunday night!

The girls and I are going out to listen to one of our favorite bands tonight, they are playing in the next town, so should be fun, we've got our quarters.

Daughters car is not well and she wants to go shopping for a different one this weekend, yippee! UGH! She knows what she wants and has done some research on prices and such. Will wait for her birthday though so that the loan will be in her name! They grow up so fast!!!!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Weekend!!!!

Dawn

daybreak #2230208 03/14/09 05:23 AM
C
C
8 mile walk today. DD is running the 8 miles. Folks, this training for a half marathon is a lot of work! On a normal week, I walk or crosstrain or go to yoga or something 5 days a week. This is SO not like me!

Got a bunch of stuff going on in my live. Work is .... puke Our new programs are up and working....sort of. Boss came in my office yesterday to chew me out and his boss came to chew him out. I showed him he was wrong and he ran off on his boss's heels like a dog chasing a stick...never apologized. uhuh Second or third offensive rudeness this week. naughty Oh, I'm sorry....I guess that was rude of me...These people are uncultured and lacking in class but... sigh

Brother-in-law wants to talk to me about the fact my mom needs to go to assisted living. I agree - especially after this week's incident. She hasn't been taking her medication, got a trip to the hospital out of that. She's depressed and bored and...well, she's winding down here. But, all that said, she's pretty healthy. Anyway, he stood me up last night and I need to cancel out on him for tonight. Realized, after changing my plans, that I have a conflict w/ tonight.

Gotta go do those 8 miles. In the rain!!!! :MrEEk:

So, has anyone in your life ever battled cancer? I am training for the Country Music Marathon and am raising money for Gilda's Club. Gilda's Club provides free social and emotional support for people whose lives are affected by cancer. They provide support for men, women, teenagers, and children - with all types of cancer - and for their family and friends.

I need sponsors to help me raise this money. That's where you can find an opportunity. Please go to my firstgiving site and make your donation! It would mean a lot to people like Mary Elizabeth, Jim Bill, Jack, Rick,Patrick, Edmund, Lee, David, Pam, Elizabeth, Ken, Joe, and many many more.....

Cinderella's page!!!

cinderella #2230508 03/14/09 09:40 PM
P
P
My twin brother and I built bee hives today, then went shooting in the guy's indoor shooting range where we built our hives.

He has several hives ready to split off and will have multiple queens. We are going to catch the queens and some workrs to tend our new hives.

I can't wait to have some honey by summer!

Pariah #2230511 03/14/09 09:53 PM
A
A
yummmmm it's been a long time since I have have pure honey! Feel free to mail some up to Pennsylvania grin

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
P
P
I discovered a new sport today. laugh

C0ckatoo Fishing

Pariah #2230653 03/15/09 01:04 PM
A
A
lol...that's cute!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
C
C
Spending the weekend with The Diplomat!! grin

Page 36 of 39 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation