Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
matty66 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I exposed the affair last month. But it seems she may want to work on her marriage. I noticed the phone calls (from his phone log) had dropped off after the affair. But for the last week seems to have picked up again.

Do I still do Plan B in this case, or try to do a plan A and meet his emotional needs . He calls often and seems to want to stay on the phone and talk. Yesterday he came by to get something and practically begged me to go have a cup if coffee with him. I declined.

But now wonder if I should move in now and fill the void she is giving as it seem she is not calling him as much but he still calls her but not frequently.

He says he still loves me but I did not show my feelings and we fought too much.

Now if she is not talking to him much and I am trying to fill his emotional needs can it backfire as we always want what we cannot have and now he does not have her. What should I do?

B
B
I still vote for Plan FU. You aren't married and have no children. Don't sign up for more heartache. Get out now.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
matty66 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Plan FU sounds like a good plan. Wish I could do it but would like to see if we can have a shot.

I did deal with the relationship with a very cold heart. Abused as a child and didn't know how to let anyone in. He has mentioned I never let him in. I never showed my emotions or cried. I would tell him to leave when I was upset with him. I would walk away from a conversation when I heard something I did not like.

In other words I did all the love busters in the book. The OW is very calm. I spoke with her and hate to admit she has a way of talking I wish I could master. She met his emotional needs even though she is married. He has been begging me to talk less,listen more. Argue less in the past 8 years together. I am finally taking a step back and seeing what I contributed to the break-up.

V
V
You should be using this time to work on yourself. You don't want to do anything too quickly because you could just set yourself up for a false recovery and even more heartache.
Are you going to counseling?

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation