Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 100 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 99 100
T
T
From a friend in this morning's email:

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80's arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease. As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?' He smiled as he patted my hand and said, 'She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought, 'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

With all the jokes and fun that are in e-mails, sometimes there is one that comes along that has an important message. This one I thought I could share with you.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,but how to dance in the rain.'

tl

A
A
That is just beautiful tl. sniffle cry A happy sniffle though.

Rella ..... I am so sure "HE" hand a big hand in my 'error' that night. Miracles are so often the everyday thing... we just don't see it most times.

Aussie was more annoyed than anything you know. Until he was allowed to vent. grin

hey speak of the dev... I mean my DH ... he's home from the barracks. Cuddle time. blush laugh hurray

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

T
T
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin was a disgustingly-randy old goat with some very, ahem, modern ideas. But he did have a knack for turning a phrase. I wasn't so fond of "All cats are gray in the dark," in his ode to the benefits--to the young man--of sex with older women. But I did like this one.

Now watch Neak look it up on snopes and find out he never said it! I hate that girl--she and snopes are a VERY annoying combination...rant2 And then there's Neaksis, using her dissecting skills picked up in therapy sessions with the kids to analyze ME!uhuhgrumblenaughtyuhuh

tl

P.S. kiss, Neak and Neaksis, but watch your backs!

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
However, to be fair, I will point out that I do not automatically assume that myth debunking is true just because I read it online. (Though Snopes is pretty good, and VERY helpful.)

You just gotta take it all with a grain of salt.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
You know there are some Aussie love songs ... like the one Aussie had played for me on the radio today :MrEEk: ... that really really can only be heard and the video watched to truly appreciate it :RollieEyes:

after the radio station gives EVERYONE the you tube addy.

The Band Simply Bushed

It was his way of saying "Sorry I forgot 'your' wedding anniversary." rotflmao kiss

I am just SO lucky :RollieEyes:

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

A
A
But it sounds SO much better if you think old Ben said it!!!! stickout

Thought for the day ....
Cathy Guisewite - “Mothers, food, love, and career, the four major guilt groups.” rotflmao :twobyfour: :crosseyedcrazy:

T
T
You just gotta take it all with a grain of salt

Thank you, Ms. Shaker! stickout

And no, I don't think it sounds better if Ben Franklin said it! He was a loathsome little TOAD. Inventive and clever, true--probably even a genius. But such a perverse mind. I first met this aspect of him when a young inmate that our family was writing to, under the auspices of a Christian organization, threw the phrase "all cats are gray in the dark" line at me, in the process of trying to strike up a, ahem, relationship with me. I wasn't particularly flattered, for some reason.rant2 And I was pretty shocked to find out the source of his "come-on" phrase, too!:MrEEk: Ben was a naughty boy, even when he was an old man...you can look it up on snopes.rotflmao

tl

T
T
And I have no idea if Ben Franklin is actually on snopes. :RollieEyes:stickout:RollieEyes:

tl

A
A
a young inmate that our family was writing to, under the auspices of a Christian organization, threw the phrase "all cats are gray in the dark" line at me, in the process of trying to strike up a, ahem, relationship with me. I wasn't particularly flattered, for some reason

well he was just lucky to be locked up so that you didn't give him marks for being able to quote that one .......... you know..... with a steel star picket??? rotflmao

Star Pickets

C
C
Originally Posted by aussieswife
Thought for the day ....
Cathy Guisewite - “Mothers, food, love, and career, the four major guilt groups.” rotflmao :twobyfour: :crosseyedcrazy:

Where in that list do you fit CHILDREN!

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My internet was down from Tuesday night to Friday late morning. At least some of that seems to have coincided with the upgrade, so I may have had it easier than some.

And at last I have my unread emails down under 300, lol.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Mothers, food, love Rella ... of course

Neak didn't notice until Friday I think and then thought it was my server or something like that.

I have been very busy talking to a wandering minstrel...some serious talk so haven't had much time.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Now who could that be??? grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Elvis is not dead...he just went home.

We're back from DC and Graceland...didja miss us?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Sure did

who was wearing the Elvis out fit? laugh

C
C
I have never been to Graceland though I have been to Memphis several times.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Spring Break: Day 4 dawne.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
dawns.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Well I needed to watch something really mindless and stupid so I turned on the Simpsons tonight... and one of the shows was about the infamous Spring Break ..
Homer said "Spring Break Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii doh!!"

Is it nearly over? or just begun?

As we don't have that here ... I guess it's a parents delight then?
We have "Schoolies week' in December after all the exams are over... the Police here react the same way as Homer.... well so do parents... shop owners... tourist operators ... etc etc
grin

Page 74 of 100 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation