Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Originally Posted by cinderella
One of the things we talked about was that, as Southerners, we feel that we are looked on as shoeless, illiterate rednecks.

This is a problem?? rotflmao Some of the coolest people I know are rednecks! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Hey, I am a redneck!! laugh except I carry my pistola in my purse instead of in my gun rack. grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Try these on for size...

Driving from Detroit to Atlanta we pass by "Big Bone Lick State Park" in Kentucky...We stopped once to take pictures, and no lie there is a "Beaver Lick General Store" there! faint

Here in Metro Detroit we have "Big Beaver Road" which just happens to be "Exit 69" off of I-75...Somebody at the DOT had a sense of humor I say! rotflmao

Mrs. W

P.S. T'ain't nuttin' wrong wit bein' a redneck...Just remember, as the late Lewis Grizzard used to say, "God talks like we do!"...grin

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

V
V
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Try these on for size...

Driving from Detroit to Atlanta we pass by "Big Bone Lick State Park" in Kentucky...We stopped once to take pictures, and no lie there is a "Beaver Lick General Store" there! faint

Here in Metro Detroit we have "Big Beaver Road" which just happens to be "Exit 69" off of I-75...Somebody at the DOT had a sense of humor I say! rotflmao
That is too funny! laugh rotflmao

No 2x4's I just want to try these new guys out, I love them :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour:
They are so cool, thank you Mods!

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

M
M
There is a town near here, that I will not name because folks I know from there might know who I am; when the cops make a traffic stop and it is someone who seems a bit dimwitted or a little, shall we call it, backwards, the cops will say they just made a stop and then add, "______ (Name of Town) type"

A few years back a tornado went through town and the joke was that it did 3 million dollars in improvements.

There is another town about 30 miles down the road (along old Route 66) that was once the prostitution capital of the Midwest. The name of the town?

Godly...

The railroads ran specials from Chicago to Godly every Friday night and made the trip back on Sunday night. Capone had ties to the area at one time.

Mark

C
C
I have been to Calgary....I took my ice skates and skated during some of the awards ceremonies of the 1988 Olympics....of course, I was several blocks from them. But, the dad of the host family with which we stayed took a couple of their children and x and the child(ren) and I skated in an iced over fountain pool in front of some unknown office building. I had my first CinnaBon in Calgary. The people were nice. The rapid transit was nice. Nice experience! Calgary is a nice place - in my opinion....the people there do wear shoes....it's a real city! No cowpoke dustbin town. clap

C
C
Mrs W, I might be on your route between the frozen north and the sunny south. I'd love to meet you on one of your drive-throughs.

C
C
In Kentucky, there are 2 towns named Lovely and Beauty.

N
N
i drive through Buttzville, NJ everyday!!! lol

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
M
M
Originally Posted by nikko
i drive through Buttzville, NJ everyday!!! lol

rotflmao

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by lildoggie
I gotta go to Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

You are welcome in SAT anytime...

I cook steak very good too....course, I drown it in beer first...

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
I've worked really hard not to be distressed by the Bucksnort stuff. I know...I know....I can be touchy and I don't take well to being teased. At book club last night, we were talking about prejudice. One of the things we talked about was that, as Southerners, we feel that we are looked on as shoeless, illiterate rednecks. Bucksnort is sort of just down the highway from my home....let's say an hour or so.

I must say dearest Cinders, that Tennessee is one of the prettiest states I've ever been to. The Wookie and I couldn't believe that the children slept through most of it's gorgessisity...and I wanted SO bad to go to Loretta Lynn's kitchen, but we didn't have the time. It was misting as we drove through and the mountains look like they were being kissed by the sky.

I also gotta say that it is very refreshing to drive over rivers and creeks that actually had water in them.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
Kimmy, what was your route through TN?

D
OP Offline
D
We came in through Memphis, drove the Music Highway to Nashville and from Nashville hit Knoxville, and then passed into Va.

My Story

Recovered!
D
OP Offline
D
Oh, and my youngest dau does a GREAT Elvis impression now.

She wore her "Thank You Very Much" tee shirt to school on Monday.

Graceland, Redneck Mecca. Every Redneck must make at least one trip there during their lifetime!

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Mark your story made me think of what the cops do here when you get pulled over now...They give you LIONS Tickets...If you do something REALLY BAD, they make you actually go to the game! grin

Cinders, that'd be GREAT...Is there a Sonny's BBQ near you by chance? Maybe we could have dinner together...We love Sonny's and I gotta have my BBQ while I'm down...it's the law I think...We will be passing through in just a coupla weeks as a matter of fact...

Kimmy, you just confirmed for me that I am indeed a redneck...Going to Graceland is on my "bucket list"...I love Elvis - my ipod is filled w/ him!

Mrs. W

P.S. There is also a "Hell, MI"...Beautiful countryside...Nice drive...Check it out...

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

C
C
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Cinders, that'd be GREAT...Is there a Sonny's BBQ near you by chance? Maybe we could have dinner together...We love Sonny's and I gotta have my BBQ while I'm down...it's the law I think...We will be passing through in just a coupla weeks as a matter of fact...

P.S. There is also a "Hell, MI"...

There's not a Sonny's near me....that I know of. I do know where Nick & Jim's is, where Neely's is, and there are several Whitt's locations. Check out the barbeque listings for the online yellow pages.

Memphis is only about 3-4 hours away.

BTW, in my heart, I was thinking that, if x died before our divorce was final, that I might have him cremated, give most of his cremains to his parents then take the rest to Hell, Michigan where I would build a fire and throw him in. I was so hurt and angry that I thought it would serve him right to literally burn in Hell.

C
C
Kimmy, if the highway you took is also Interstate 40, you were so close to my home and office that it was ridiculous!

D
OP Offline
D
I'm gonna cry Cinders...It WAS 40.

My Story

Recovered!
D
OP Offline
D
And you coulda seen in person how great my littles and biggers are...

My Story

Recovered!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation