Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 23


A friend and I were talking today about high school reunions and mine is this year and her H also has one.

Just courious if anyone knows of A's that happen due to meeting high school sweethearts. My friends H didn't want to give her the name of someone he was very fond of in high school because he didn't his wife looking at her funny. They always seem to have the perfect marriage and I just thought it was a little strange that he wouldn't give her the name of his old classmate. My friend didn't seem to care but of course I immediately think the worst.

Just made if wonder about HS reunions.


My H's A lasted 7 mo with still neighbor and was friend (so called).
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
Ding, ding, ding, ding! ::OH raising her hand:::

My husband did. It was (he says) not physical but it went on for well over a year. And yes, she was an old girlfriend.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,108
Too many. sick Doesn't even have to be a highschool exBF/GF, just two dingle berries who 'remember when...' or one had a crush on on the other...and the stupidity ensues.


BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011




Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
H and his old gf didn't go to the same HS-they lived in the same town but were in different HS districts. I guess he met her when she was getting the crappy treatment from her boyfriend--one of H's buddies. Boyfriend just left her piss-eyed drunk at a party (they were HS seniors at this time) and H drove her home to her parents house, went in, introduced himself. Parents fell in love with him, drunk skank fell in love with him. H admitted to me much later that he'd always crushed on her from afar and didn't think his friend deserved her.

They wound up at the same state university and dated, until H transferred mid-year. I don't know what/if they had any contact until much later--H did say she turned up at a party a few years later where he was with his then serious girlfriend. She draped herself all over him and he had to push her away and point to where his girlfriend might be watching.

H graduates, he and girlfriend break up. H is very low. Out of the blue, this skanky calls and says she just found out her boyfriend is cheating on her. She hooks up with H and they start dating again--this time as 25 year olds and I guess a deeper relationship--practically living together.

About 7 months into it, she announces one day that she wants to marry a military guy like her sister did and she leaves town.

At H's 30 year reunion, he was in attendance without me. It was 3000 miles away, we were broke from his extended unemployment and then a business that never really took off. Things between us..s*cked. H attended the reunion. Skank, who by this time lived about 2000 miles away, found out H would be in attendance without me. She strongarmed her own HS reunion coordinator to change the date of their reunion to the same weekend, flew into town and crashed H's reunion.

From what he's told me--I'm still not sure it's the entire story--they talked, they hugged, they kissed but only chastely (an on-the-mouth kiss w/ lips closed???) that evening and I think they might have gotten together the next day for lunch. He then left the area to go visit some friends in a nearby city. I think she flew home. But they exchanged cell phone numbers and emails and that's when the loooooooooooong phone convos started. Oh, she was unhappily married. In fact, she announced she was unhappily married the week before our wedding when she flew into town to try to convince him to call it off. (and that was over 21 years ago). So she's been unhappy for a long time, but her H makes good money, she doesn't have to work, she has a big house, a housekkeeper, she gets to hang out at the gym, get her nails done, etc. She would NOT have been living such a life of luxury with H.

Busted the EA a few times, each with a new level of understanding of their past relationship. Until the EA, I had no idea that they were ever anything more than just HS friends.

After I first realized something was "off", I told him to tell her not to call or email anymore. He did that but there were a few calls here and there that I found and confronted him. I also found a few emails. He always had some excuse.

I think there was honest NC for about 4-5 months but then things backslid and that's when he opened the double-secret probation email account.

Took me a few months to really suspect something and then to hack into his email account. He was still denying everything because I hadn't admitted I'd been keylogging everything. Finally I threw it all in his face and THEN he was remorseful.

I didn't know squat about MB back then but I exposed to her H and all of his family and our friends. I demanded he write NC letter which he gave me an argument about seeing. He sent it but I still had all the passwords so I read it. It was wishy-washy but got the job done.

As far as I know, there's not been any contact since then but there are just too many unanswered questions for me to have fully moved past it.

This all happened Aug 2005 to Sept 2006.

Phew.

HS reunions bite.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,541
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,541
Interesting topic....

I got an automaticly generated email from class reunion about a month ago...

It went something like this....

Mrs. Amazin has added you as one of her friends on class reunion... if you want to see who else is on Mrs. Amazins frineds list click here....

I though ... with friends like you who needs enemies.... Then I thought she must be throwing a hook and line out to see what else she can catch...

My graduating class only had 20 people in it. And about 15 of us were together from kindergaden through 12. So we were somewhat close... But by the time graduation came around we were sick of each other. I haven't really talked or seen any of them in... 15 years... I haven't even been to a reunion.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,931
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,931
Not HS but college reunion. WH met up with OW who had a crush on him back then .... and apparently still did.

This was one reunion that I did not go with him. Big mistake. grumble


M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA


Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
I think Dr. Harley should put that in his book, along with is revised Plan A and B timelines.

"Under no circumstances, ever let your spouse attend a high school or college reunion on their own".

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,772
Oh wait a minute. I have an addendum.

"unless you went to a single sex school"

I went to a girls high school. I suppose it's possible an affair could start with a friend's spouse, but it seems unlikely.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,249
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,249
Thanks for the tip. My husband offered to remove his profile from classmates.com last week and I told him not to worry about it. I have just removed it for him.


Over it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 200 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0