Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
V
Originally Posted by cinderella

RISE ABOVE IT!!!!

Anger and resentment will eat your soul!

Amen!

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
I
I
I do NOT believe in Karma.

I recall Psalm 73:13.

"Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain I washed my hands in innocence."

And the reply Ps73:27

"Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you."

This does not necessarily mean retribution in this life. I DO believe in the life after death.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
M
M
[quote=

RISE ABOVE IT!!!!

I don't believe you have to forgive automatically if they apologize. But, I do believe that, in order to live well...to live to your maximum potential...you have to forgive even if you never hear an apology from them.

Anger and resentment will eat your soul! [/quote]

Thank you cinderella.

The ow in my case went on to marry 8 months after final nc and new H has money. Haven't heard anything else since my DD emailed her in 04, ow was still conscienceless (is that a word?), faint, don't know, don't want to know what happened. We are far far away and we love it. grin

ps. I prayed for a man to come into her live so she would leave us the hayell alone!

Love in Christ,
Miss M

Have you seen this new emoticon? LOLOLOLOLOLOL! :twobyfour:

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
C
C
I have also found Isaiah 54 to be very healing.....I believe I was sent to a Bible class one night....just to find that chapter.

D
D
Originally Posted by catgirl
No she won't breastfeed, guaranteed. She's very much into career and material things. Couldn't be bothered. I'm even shocked she's pregnant.

From what I have heard, she is not exactly motherly...

She's quite large to begin with, so I doubt her increased weight and all that goes along with being prenant will deter ExH.

CG - I was telling someone else and I'll tell you - she realizes that she has a teneous grasp (at best) on him, and that's the WHOLE reason she's preggers.

Don't think for a moment that it is anything but that. I've seen it so many times here and IRL that'd it'd make a gal wanna puke if they didn't become innured to it.

Once HE figures out all of what I said, their house of cards is gonna come tumbling down...and NO one wants to be around to see that...it's gonna be ugly and bitter.

Trust.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Originally Posted by Miss M
I prayed for a man to come into her live so she would leave us the hayell alone!

Love in Christ,
Miss M
Huh? What did that poor man ever do to you? What did he do to Christ, for that matter, that he should be sentenced to life without the possibility of parole shackled to your OW? Any OW?

Talk about evil intentions…

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
A
A
Maybe he came by his money badly?

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
A
A
Still, seems like a very disproportionate punishment.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
A
A
Even if it were Madoff.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
I
I
Originally Posted by cinderella
I have also found Isaiah 54 to be very healing.....I believe I was sent to a Bible class one night....just to find that chapter.

I guess this is one scripture that would make my enemies nervous.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
O
O
Two Karma busses:

1. A friend of mine was dating a married man. (she was single--this was years ago). We all begged her to stop. She insisted that he insisted his marriage was dead. We all thought he'd dump her and go back to his wife. We were wrong. He divorced his wife and married her and they had a few kids. But 17 years later--he had an affair--and left her. The Karma bus probably needs to circle back to pick him up, but they got my former friend the first time around.

2). H's father was caught cheating on his mother. She threw him out. He married OW. She cleaned him out, drove him nearly to banktruptcy (he was making a good living) and then divorced him.

C
C
De,

I hope you are right. The sad part is now they are dragging a baby into this mess that they created!

Friends told me they registered on a baby registry and are happier then a pig in poop!

And this is a guy that NEVER wanted more kids with me!

Is he that stupid to agree to have a kid with her just to keep her, or save face?!

K
K
I'm a firm believer in Romans 8: 28.

A baby born into an affairiage is dealt a pretty bad hand, for certain. But God loves this child. And there will be opportunity for that child to rise above the conditions of his/her birth.

Cat - just like you were dealt a pretty bad hand by your husband's marital treachery. But there is ample opportunity for you to gain the gifts that this adversity has brought to you and become more the person you want to be as a result.

There is a passage of scripture where Jesus instructed that it's better for you to cut off an offending appendage than lose contact with God. Think of your ex in this manner - and yes the process is painful, but you are no longer doomed to h*ll because of your wayward's evil.

Mark 9: 43, 45, 47
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
• • •
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
• • •
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Think about it!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
S
S
The karma I was hoping for never happened. But, I am looking at the fact that my ex has gotten his young girlfriend pregnant as ironic karma.

He walked out on me and two children for a life free of responsibilities, no mortgage, no bills, no kids to keep him tied down. What does he have now--karma. Another child to take care of, new bills, new house payment, no going off playing cause he has a kid to take care of, a girlfriend who is a kid herself, he will be raising her to, she is uneducated and doesn't have a job. So he will be supporting her, new baby, and our to kids thanks to child support. And, me? I have a great job, and I don't have to change diapers, burp kids, fix bottles, constantly take them to the doctor, buy diapers and formula, no heavy infant car seats to carry, and my kids are the age now they love spending nights with friends, I have the freedom now, not him. And I have no reputation as a cheater or abandoner like him.

C
C
EXACTLY Sad,

As much as I wanted more kids and LOVE kids, I could never imagine starting over again at my age. When I'm 60, my kids will be done with college. When he's 60, he'll have a kid in middle school!!!

ExH told me the same thing. When he was older he wanted to travel and not have to lug around car seats and strollers, Wanted his older years to be free.

Oh well...

It's still not easy for me to accept that he's having another kid though...

A
A
Hiya cat, i know how you feel there my WH is in an affair and got OW preggers straight away after leaving me altho he didnt want anymore kids. at present im still in plan A and have not given up hope but the thought of him having a child with OW is very hard to deal with

me BS 29 WH 33
married 9yrs 6mths
2 adorable children 4 and 8
DDay 30-12-08
C
C
Yeah it is. I'm starting to obsess about if the kid will be cuter than our kids were, what will they name it. So STUPID I know!!!!

A
A
yes it is but i think all the same things all the time and also wonder if he would treat it differently then he did ours as he always struggled to cope with them as babies, i keep praying that it turns out not to be his but i doubt that will happen
but on a positive note i have 2 wonderful kids that are out of nappies and i dont get as many sleepless nights lol altho we do get the odd ones from bad dreams etc

me BS 29 WH 33
married 9yrs 6mths
2 adorable children 4 and 8
DDay 30-12-08
D
D
Originally Posted by catgirl
Yeah it is. I'm starting to obsess about if the kid will be cuter than our kids were, what will they name it. So STUPID I know!!!!

It's not stupid, it's normal.

OW had 2 kids with my fwh.

Now he and I have custody of them.

I had gotten my tubes tied after the birth of my DS9. What she named both children was a slap to my face and the face of my family.

Thank God I see them as their own people!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
B
B
I believe in the Karma bus-

My dad was caught cheating and my mom went full out ballistic with exposure- not even having read any MB principles. Anyway she started a law suit against OW and within 3 mos of the OW had a stroke!

My dad had already come back and decided to work on the M before this happened and I am sure that he is glad he did!!!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation