Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Dealan-de #2235604 03/27/09 09:37 AM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Have not had to sign a sheet on "The talk" as of yet.

I am just trying to get as much information as I can on whats comming next so I can talk with her in a very educated manor. She was talking about her friend last night and how her chest had developed and is huge already, I think DD was upset as she has not started to bud as of yet.

I didn't know how to respond beyond the fact that everyone develops at thier own pace, it will happen for you when it does, and as for her friend, she is over all the time and looks no differant to me than my DD. She has not developed at all.

I mean they are ten, 11 in June, I was just amazed that it was suddenly so in the forefront with her.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
"Don't say sorry, just don't do it again"
Lie2me #2235628 03/27/09 10:00 AM
D
D
My poor DD started at her cousin's volleyball game (I wasn't there). She wasn't prepared or anything...and frankly neither was I (I was a late bloomer)...

Fortunately, I am blessed with neices that are a smidge older than her (like, a few months) and they and my SIL were prepared.

I thought the Wookie was gonna cry.

He still puts his fingers in his ears when we speak of it.

Poor Wookie/daddies.

Sometimes I think boys are easier. With boys you only have to worry about one penis. When you have girls you worry about ALL of them.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Lie2me #2235635 03/27/09 10:13 AM
S
S
I remember really looking forward to and being anxious about turning into a "woman" when I was about 11. The girls that develop first get a lot of attention from the boys. Then we I started to develop I got a lot of annoying attention from the boys. Boys 11-13 were the worst. They were constantly being obnoxious about boobs and periods. They said really horrible things. Don't wait too long on the first training bra. If her friends start wearing them, get her one even if she doesn't need it yet - just to help her fit in. They make them in AA sizes that are basically flat. She doesn't want to be the first or the last to get a bra - trouble with both.

Over it.
Dealan-de #2235638 03/27/09 10:15 AM
J
J
I agree that boys are easier.....ALL the way around. My boys were a walk in the park compared to my D. DRAMA>DRAMA>DRAMA

My DD is 9 and she wanted a bra so I got her a couple HSM3 sports bra's. I though H was going to pass out when he saw them. He doesn't even want to be in ear shot when she and I talk about bra's or periods or anything else like that.

He's not going to take puberty well, I can see that now wink

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
JoJo422 #2235639 03/27/09 10:21 AM
D
D
T/J: Lie2me, just curious--are you a Johnny Lang fan? Just wondering about the name?

L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Who is Johnny Lnag?

Last year we went to La Senza girl and got DD smoe training bra's as some friends have them. So she is not the last one, she never wears them though.

Should I encourage her to do so?

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
Lie2me #2235659 03/27/09 10:44 AM
S
S
Not if she is not getting hassled yet and isn't showing development. She will probably know when to put in on from peer pressure. If she has any visible development, I would encourage it though. Those boys will torture her if she starts to develop and lets it show without a bra!

Over it.
Lie2me #2235664 03/27/09 10:49 AM
D
D
Johnny Lang is a singer and has a song/album named Lie2me...that's why I was wondering.

If you daughter has the training bras she will wear them when she feels comfortable doing so. Gosh, wearing bras is such a hassle anyway...but for a young girl it's exciting. It was so long ago for me and I don't really remember when I started doing all those things!!

L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I may have to look up some Johnny Lang, and I guess DD will put them on when she is ready, she has four in an array of pretty colors.

And she has no sevelopment at all, neither do any of her friends, that is why I was supprised when it came up..

I was so happy in the dark.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
Lie2me #2235678 03/27/09 11:05 AM
D
D
Most daddys are.

Might I suggest you take up gun cleaning?

My daddy did.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2235686 03/27/09 11:20 AM
C
C
There is a book for girls out called Body Drama. It explains a lot of the gory stuff about what is and is not normal anatomy, and has some good information about hygiene. It is pretty frank. It has photos.

Chrysalis
Chrysalis #2235726 03/27/09 12:18 PM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I thank you all for information, books websites and so on.

As for the gun cleaning, not a bad idea. Not bad at all.

I just hope the night with the WW goes well, and it will be interseting to see if DD brings this up with her.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
C
C
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
I remember really looking forward to and being anxious about turning into a "woman" when I was about 11. The girls that develop first get a lot of attention from the boys. Then we I started to develop I got a lot of annoying attention from the boys. Boys 11-13 were the worst. They were constantly being obnoxious about boobs and periods. They said really horrible things. Don't wait too long on the first training bra. If her friends start wearing them, get her one even if she doesn't need it yet - just to help her fit in. They make them in AA sizes that are basically flat. She doesn't want to be the first or the last to get a bra - trouble with both.

I second this.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
Chrysalis #2235890 03/27/09 03:38 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
There is a book for girls out called Body Drama. It explains a lot of the gory stuff about what is and is not normal anatomy, and has some good information about hygiene. It is pretty frank. It has photos.

it might be hard for you to take, but I recommend the Our Bodies, Ourselves book. I still have my 90s version. maybe more as a reference guide for you and then later to hand off. not all of it applies because it really is a pretty extensive reference book on all things a female could/may possibly face from birth to death. my female cousin had to be raised by her dad, and mom and I picked up stuff for her constantly. In our bodies, ourselves, there's a diagram of a circle 10 centimeters in diameter. the width a woman dialates for birth. that's a nice page to flip to when discussing sex. haha.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
C
C
by the way, I love this thread. it's bittersweet, but I love it.

thanks,
cohosalmon
WW(me)-34
BS-34
married 2003
DS(WW's M-1)-14
DD-4
DS-3
D
D
>that's a nice page to flip to when discussing sex.

(muttering)

10cm my bahooba....little snots all had heads like the Wookie's and twice as hard from what I could/can tell.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2235906 03/27/09 03:58 PM
L
L
Poor kids are getting them earlier and earlier due to the hormones that are being pumped into the animals and animal products we consume

I would like to respectfully disagree.

The reasons for the earlier maturing girls are twofold.

The first is access to medical care and nutrition that has only been widly available in the last 20 years. We no longer rely on seasonal foods, food is plentiyful, the average weigh of a pre adolescent is up to 25% more than on children in the past.

I am a dairy farmer and I know that a well grown heifer, well fed, cared for, with a beter than average body condition score will come into her first heat 3-6 months earlier than her lesser herd mates.

In addition there is some studies showing that the split family culture we are encountering more and more in todays world is also contributing to the phenomenom. Girls who grow up in families with a step father situation menstrate up to a year earlier than their peers.

The hormones you mention are more likely to contribute to health disorders than bring a natural process on earlier.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Dealan-de #2235907 03/27/09 04:00 PM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
If you guys keep going I may not need a book.

Gettin lots of information here.

Should I worry about miss information from the WW?

Or is that just a stupid thought on my part?

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
lildoggie #2235912 03/27/09 04:04 PM
V
V
Originally Posted by lildoggie
In addition there is some studies showing that the split family culture we are encountering more and more in todays world is also contributing to the phenomenom. Girls who grow up in families with a step father situation menstrate up to a year earlier than their peers.

Wow, I didn't know that. How interesting.

*Thinking*

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Verve #2235918 03/27/09 04:12 PM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Wow, I didn't know that. How interesting.

Don't feel bad, I don't know anything.

It took me years to get hair styles done right, I don't think I will have as much time with this.

She is still a baby.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation