Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
OP Offline
M
When a man hits on a married woman, this is what he is saying if he knows you are married. It is a put down, a great INSULT. To my astonishment, some women view this as flattering, not realizing the man is spitting in her face.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Exactly. Or some even see the ring as a challenge... a notch on their belt... has nothing to do with "feelings" for the person wearing the ring...

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
It is nothing but an INSULT of the worst kind.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
My mom called me just last week about such an incident happening to her - A married man asked her out...She was APPALLED and EXTREMELY INSULTED that he would think that she would do such a thing...She let him know in a hurry that she would NEVER, EVER date a married man and that she would also not date him even if he were to get divorced, as he had shown himself to be a man with no morals...

My mom so ROCKS! hurray

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
I think that a woman that hits on a married man is saying, "Im a skank and an easy piece of you-no-what" and I think that you are a loser. Wanna do it? How romantic!

Over it.
S
S
I agree with that but may i add that only women with self worth and knows her self worth will see it as as insult it is.

Women who devalue themselves thinks hey he/she is willing to risk all that for sex and the love of a "good" woman

P
P
For the weak-minded and short-sighted, "I want you" trumps "I respect you" and "I value marriage".

Which is one of the reasons affariages fail to thrive... neither partner really has respect for marriage boundaries.

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
When a man hits on a married woman, this is what he is saying if he knows you are married. It is a put down, a great INSULT. To my astonishment, some women view this as flattering, not realizing the man is spitting in her face.

I think it's disgusting, too.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
I learned that in my 20s. It left me with a life-long contempt of men who hit on married women.

tl

P
P
Can you imagine the look of surprise on that hypothetical married man's face if the hypothetical married woman asked and got his phone number and then...

...shouted, "Shame on you! Hitting on a married woman. I VALUE myself way more than that and you're a turd for hitting on me. YOU are a LOSER, get away from me! I'm calling your WIFE!"

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Can you imagine the look of surprise on that hypothetical married man's face if the hypothetical married woman asked and got his phone number and then...

...shouted, "Shame on you! Hitting on a married woman. I VALUE myself way more than that and you're a turd for hitting on me. YOU are a LOSER, get away from me! I'm calling your WIFE!"

How about "you oughta be ashamed of yourself! How would Mrs Z feel if she knew you said that to me??"

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by swan's song
I agree with that but may i add that only women with self worth and knows her self worth will see it as as insult it is.

Women who tolerate insulting behavior like this diminish their own self worth. We are responsible for our own self respect.

Exposure 101

D
D
A lot of women are insecure, a lot of men know this, hence the result. Dude

S
S
I agree! I also do not like it when men "undress" you with their eyes or cat calls. It is disgusting!!

I also think that women who hit on married men ARE skanks and an easy piece of you-know-what!!!!!

L
L
I also think that women who hit on married men ARE skanks and an easy piece of you-know-what!!!!!

I agree, and I wish someone had called me and said "hey your W is hitting on so and so or on me"

However as it turned out she had no problem finding men that were happy to claim that prize of a married woman. It's some sort of sick game they play.

I was only told of one situation where she hit on a married man, this was someone I worked with and he never said anything to me untill after her A came out.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
"Don't say sorry, just don't do it again"
D
D

Is a statement like that worth sharing w/ your WS?

B
B
I don't get it. The lack of respect needed to take up a married person on their boinking offer and the same needed by the one making offer... :crosseyedcrazy: sick I don't get it at all. What's the value of a pork chop?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
I agree! I also do not like it when men "undress" you with their eyes or cat calls. It is disgusting!!

I agree but I do have a problem with women falling out of their clothes and then complaining that a man isn't looking into their eyes. flirt WTH? Then keep the twins in check and don't dress and flirt like a skank especially at work.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
BR i agree with you on this one as well!!!

G
G
I know this is going to make a big splash and I am sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings. And I am sure this is going to show my age as well. But here we go. I am married and actually very recently was hit on by a couple of guys I didn't know. And I was with my son both times. No I don't wear my wedding ring (cause its too small at the moment.) but they knew I was married and I even spoke of my husband. They were flirting, not trying to get in my pants. I am a flirt by nature and like talking to people, but that doesn't mean I want to jump everyone's bones. I don't think that every person that flirts is looking to get some action. Now if the proposition, that's a different story. But how you carry yourself depends on the attention you get. I have a friend that hangs out with all kinds of strange people and gets drunk and occasionally gets raped. And she brings it on herself. It just depends on how you act with the person. If you tell them that you are married and you aren't interested then you have less to worry about. If they persist then you tell them you'll call the cops. You just have to be aware of your surroundings. But that's just my opinion.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation