Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2238442 04/01/09 09:52 AM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
A letter I got last night that I neded to share. A friend of mine, known each other for 24 years has gone through something that puts all my pain and hurt in a much differant light. It reminds me of where to put my faith and in whom to believe.

My God is an awesome God… Today I am selfish, I know that He is our God, but today I am selfish, so I will call Him my God.
My God in an awesome God. A glorious God. His name is worthy of all praise. His name is Holy, above all names. Today my God healed me. Today my God performed a miracle in me. My God not only hears prayer, but He also answers prayer. Today I am whole because my God performed a miracle in me.

My God is gracious & merciful. My God gave Dr. MacRae a gift, and God bless her, she uses her gift that God gave her. Today God used Dr. MacRae to perform a miracle. Today God used Dr. MacRae to heal me. Praise to you my Almighty God. My God is a wonderful God.

God knew I needed Him for this. God knew I did not have the strength & courage to handle this on my own. My merciful Father. All my life, my God pursued me, and all my life I ran. The more He called me, the more I ran. But my God knew I needed Him, so he called Trish, and she stopped running. She heard Him & she slowed down. God bless you Trish! When I looked back, I could see that she had to stop. I waited, but she was not catching up, so I had to go back for her. When I finally reached her, she was turned around, and her arms were wide open. She was inviting God in. He called her, and she welcomed Him, and so he was wrapping His arms around her. But we were one, and my Merciful God made us that way. So Trish grabbed my hand and pulled me close, so when God’s love embraced her, I too felt His love. Because God knew I needed Him today. God knew I needed His love. I weep now as I write this because His love for me is so great that I am overwhelmed.

God, oh great and wonderful, gracious and merciful God, thank you for continuing to pursue me, although I ran.

One year ago today, I had a tumour, and it was growing. It had been growing for 10 - 15 years. This tumour caused a condition called Acromegally. Acromegally causes blindness. Acromegally causes heart failure and stroke. Acromegally causes joint pain and diabetes. I, by the grace of my loving Father, have none of these afflictions. I had no symptoms that would point to this condition. But my merciful God sent me to see Dr. Eugene Adamniak for an unrelated condition, and Dr. Adamniak, also using the gift that God gave him, simply recognised the condition by looking at my features. God made Dr. Adamniak an angel for me that day, and Dr. Adamniak began God’s miracle that day. The good Dr. sent me for blood work, which showed elevated growth hormones. I was sent for an M.R.I., which confirmed that I had a tumour on my pituitary gland. Then Dr. Adamniak found me a surgeon. The best surgeon, Dr. MacRae. I met with Dr. MacRae, she showed me my tumour, she showed me a model of my brain, and she showed me the route she would use to remove it. Then she asked me if I had a drug plan. I said I did not. She told me to get one, because if the surgery was not 100% successful, then I would need drugs to supplement my hormones and testosterone. I could need daily injections of steroids. She told me I should be prepared for the worst. My God told me I should prepare for the best.

Within a week of meeting with Dr. MacRae, I was given my surgery date. A couple of weeks later, I was sent to a pre-op clinic, where they performed a battery of tests to see how I might react to surgery. Then I was asked if I had a living will. I said I did not. I was advised to get one drawn up. I was told to prepare for the worst. My great and wondrous God told me to prepare for the best.

Here I am less that a year later, and I am cured. My awesome God has healed me. He has restored my health. He is a compassionate and merciful God, and he is worthy of all worship and praise.

Now, my friends, I would like to thank you all. Thank you for all of your prayers and blessings, and know in your heart, as I know in mine, that my God is an awesome God. My God not only hears your prayers, my God answers your prayers.

Today , though I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I feared no evil. For he was with me, His rod and staff, they comforted me. I cannot thank God enough for this gift that He has given me. To know that I walked in God’s favour. To know I did not have to endure this on my own, that He is with me always, and I need not worry, ever.

Although today I call Him my God, know today that He is your God too, and this gift He offers to you too, regardless of your past. It doesn’t matter if you have known Him always, or if you have never known Him. He is there for you, and just know, that if you need Him, He will always be there, waiting. My God is an ever loving God, and He will never forsake you. He will always be there waiting for you. He will never give up on you. My God is compassionate and glorious. My God is gracious and merciful. My God loves all, and forgives all. How great thou art, my wondrous God. You are worthy of all praise. I exalt your name above all names. Rejoice in The Lord, always, again I say, rejoice. Praise The Lord, for He is good, and His mercy endures forever. I worship you Lord! Ha! Ha! Ha! I am healed! Ha! Ha!

And finally I would like to thank my beautiful, compassionate, caring, loving wife. Thank you, Trish. You are a true blessing to me. Thank you for your strength. Thank you for your faith. Thank you for reminding me who I am in Christ. Thank you for keeping me confident, never casting doubt into my heart. Thank you for loving me as Christ loves me. Most of all, Trish, thank you for reaching out to God’s open arms. Thank you for making sure I came with you, for it is because of you that I know God’s great love, today. Because of you, I know how great is my God. I know that I am loved, in spite of my unworthiness, by both you and God. And for this I love you always, for this, I thank God daily that not only does he bless me with His unwavering love, but he also blessed me with your love, another free gift. One I did not deserve, one I did not earn, yet you offer it, and ask nothing in return. But know that I love you, as God loves you. Unconditionally, beyond measurement. And I appreciate you as well. I recognised that you are a blessing to me and I thank you for it.

My God is an awesome God. How great in my God. Name above all names.

Thank you, everyone and God bless you.

Marlon.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
"Don't say sorry, just don't do it again"
Lie2me #2238449 04/01/09 09:56 AM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
A quote from my friends wife on how amazing the whole thing is
Brain surgery that morning, and he's up watching hockey that evening! Like I said...Amazing!!

It reminds me that although we may think we are delt a hand in life that is hard and unfair, God would never give us more than we have the ability to deal with. Look inside of you, find your faith in God and yourself and you can do anything. We have all been given a gift, we at times just need to unwrap it and show it off to the world.

Alan

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
Lie2me #2238539 04/01/09 12:23 PM
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My pleasure.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
Lie2me #2238655 04/01/09 03:16 PM
I
I
Has the same happened in your relationship with your daughters and carving a new life?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
imagine #2238679 04/01/09 03:50 PM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
It's started.

It has taken a long time for me to stand up and say, hey, it is what it is and he must have a reason for it.

I understand that I will never be handed mopre than I can deal with, I just have to realize it at times.

It's very easy to sit back and say how unfair all this is, yet my growth is now what I am looking at.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation