Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2238182 03/31/09 07:10 PM
K
KrYmsYn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My husband and I have recently run into some issues where he is putting his friends as a priority over me and our son. He has told me that he wants to spend more time away from the two of us and with his friends. In light of recent events, I am uncomfortable with him doing so. These issues have greatly damaged the trust that we have, and I don't feel as loved or wanted as I used to. So much so that I don't even feel like being with him or that he wants to be with me. He believes that because I don't want him spending "alone time" with his friends that I am being controlling and I don't trust him. I have told him that things need to be rebuilt. He expects that he can do one or two little things and everything is fine, but I've told him it will take more work and time to repair the damage that has been done.
He blows up at me for something simple like a question about one of his female friends and then blames my "tone of voice" for his response. Things have not quite gotten violent, but in the last week and a half, he has gotten in my face on numerous occasions, shoved me once, and told me to leave quite a few times. He threatens to have me arrested if I take "his" son with me, or to have me arrested for stealing "his car." "His" son is also mine and so is the car.
It doesn't really matter how I approach him- he reacts the same way. I can yell or talk- he will find something that "caused" his reaction; like my body language, tone of voice, etc. He's never acted this way before- just within the last couple of weeks.
I am really confused and I don't know what to do. It seems like nothing I say gets through to him or he just tells me he's not listening because I'm bitching at him.
Is my marriage doomed? What can I do? What can he do? How do he and I fix this?
Thanks in advance.

K
KrYmsYn Offline OP
OP Offline
K
*Note* I want to clarify that the issues surrounding his friends as a priority are separate than him spending time away from myself and our son. There is more than one single issue going on.*

"There are 3 sides to every story- his side, her side, and the truth."
~~KrYmsYn~~
C
C
If he has female friends, he is most likely having an affair.

Does he spend time on the computer? Install a keylogger to trace his activity. Does he have a cell phone? Get the records and check the phone numbers he's calling and texting. Ask a friend to follow him when he goes out with these friends and let you know where he goes and what he does. Or hire a PI.

You can't move forward until you know this.

And the 'in your face' is his manipulation to keep you off guard and feeling guilty and scared so you won't push him too hard, so he can retain control of the situation.

Start documenting EVERYTHING he says and does.

And you might want to ask the mods to move your thread over to the General Questions II over in Infidelity, to get more help. It's pretty quiet here.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation