Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gg615 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Has anyone read this novel (based on infidelity)?

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
E
E
No,

How did you come across this book in the first place? I am not much of a novel reader, more of a self help book person.

Cindy

G
gg615 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I got it from Amazon email ad. The author writes about her own experience with marriage troubles. It seems like a good read and got good reviews so far.

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
G
gg615 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I've been reading this book. The author is actress Isabel Gillies with a previous role on TV's law and order. The book is her true story as a betrayed spouse. Below is an excerpt I thought you might enjoy (there are many good ones in this book).

I knew that our marriage was imploding, but I didn't want to let Wallace and James (the sons) in on it, partially in hopes that I could turn it around, but mostly to protect them. I had to be precise and careful and mathematical and calculating and reasonable on the outside. I had to help Josiah (WH) rip away but not actually let it rip. Rips are messy, rips can make noise, rips are noticeable, I told myself. I had to be a surgeon, I told myself, help make a scar that would eventually heal so you can barely see it. I knew with everything in my body that careful, considerate moves were the way to save my fine, beautiful sweet boys from this terrible misfortune that had befallen them. But inside, inside I was Pompeii. Inside it was as if a giant had reached down my neck, had taken hold of my insides and was squeezing and squeezing.

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation