Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 78 of 100 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 99 100
C
C
My dog's antics might gross you out but they are survivable....after all, she survived.

How goes the employment search?

BTW, we had another estrogen-challenged visitor. Too bad you missed him but he might, maybe, be back.

S
S
My dog's antics might gross you out but they are survivable....after all, she survived.

I don't wish bad for any dog, except maybe the one that used to chase me and nip at my leg when I was a paper boy. Glad yours is OK.

How goes the employment search?

I applied to Wal-Mart as a greeter, but am waiting to hear back from them. They said they would call.........

BTW, we had another estrogen-challenged visitor. Too bad you missed him but he might, maybe, be back.

I am NOT estrogen challenged. After all, I live with my W and two daughters. Daughters turn 16 in May.
I get plenty of the overflow.
However, It
hasn't
hasn't
hasn't
It hasn't affected me at all.

Actually, I am starting a new job now. I will work for a company in CA as a buyer and consultant. I get to work from my home, so I don't have to move. We'll see how it goes. It will be nice to be getting a pay check again.

Sold about 1/3 of the building our store used to be in, but we owe the bank more than we are getting, so all the proceeds will go to the bank. At least it reduces our debt.

How are you doing?
And daughter, and son?
Your mother?

Life is good, or just so so?
How about work?
And the diplomat?

Get your mail box fixed?
The new used car doing fine?

You should just come by for dinner, and catch the W and I up on every thing. About 6 tomorrow night.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
A
AJ_ Offline
A
Hi From Montana

Happily recovered!and Happily Married :0)

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3
P
P
Excuse me but can you help? Gemela put on the shopping list "Always con alas" but I can't decide whether to get "Ultra" or "Maxi". Why is this so complicated? Is Ultra more ultra than Maxi or is maxi as maximum as you can get? Why do they have to use such similar adjectives? I need something easy like small, medium and large - you know - like getting a Coke at McDonalds.

Okay...wait...I just saw the Always Infinity. I'll just get that. You CAN'T get any more than "infinity". I remember THAT much from math class anyway.

Can you tell me what aisle the Raisinettes are on?

S
S
Hi guys,

How are things in the Sunny Mid East, and the cold and frozen north?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
P
P
Warm and sunny throughout the day with darkness prevailing through most of the night is the weather forecast for today...and tomorrow...and the day after tomorrow...and the day after that...

S
S
Hmmmm, the weather sounds familiar. Just like here.

SS

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
AJ says it is cold but not frozen, not right now, anyway. It'll be summertime before he knows it.

Personally, I think the cold may be getting to him. grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
And here is a note from The Dervish's Log, stardate 1:

Hi Mom and Auntie--I wish you could come and see this because I like it up at Patch and I'm going to Yellowstone. I'm going to give Dad the CDs from John because they don't allow CDs here at Patch. I got to go to Round Table cuz it was lunch time. I got to play racing when I put 2 quarters in. I have had a problem today. I kept on tooting in the car. And every time I did it got very cold and windy in the car and I didn't like it but I kept on tooting anyway. Noah (the kids' pet name for Mom, if that hasn't come up yet...this is Neak, and future paragraphs are from Mom) got stocked up on bullets at supper by eating 1/2 of my burrito. With onions. Tomorrow she is going to FIRE IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to meet new people at Patch (not so many as he would have liked--I kept spoiling his socializing for him! ). I got to go to ROME where I got to pet a kitty and eat an ice cream candy bar. That cat had a LOT of hair and some fearsome hair balls. (It's leaking repeatedly and It thinks It's funny. ) I got to throw snow balls at [Neaksis' oldest] at Patch. We saw the river. It has killed lots of people, [Neaksis' oldest] says. Noah and I went for a walk to look at redwinged blackbirds. (That's what HE thinks. We went for a walk to work out some fidgets.) I nearly got chased by some geese. I saw a muskrat swimming in the water. I got to go butt skiing (on his buttski). There wasn't very much snow but I still enjoyed big piles (odd--most people get Preparation H for that ). I wore a short sleeve shirt, shorts, and gloves to play in the snow, and I went smack right into the snow.

Bye. I will stock up some gasses tonight (don't believe him--he lets it all loose the minute he has it made!) Love,

Dervish

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
I'm back and Barely concious.....I literally HATE those damn antibiotics....doc was right they weaken tendons....I feel like my body has been through the gauntlet....getting out of the feather bed in the hotel this morning was torturous.....but I didn't mind the hot tub the night before.

We entered another cat show over the weekend...a 2 day show this time with 8 rings spread over those 2 days. My kitty did well. took best cat in 4 rings 2nd best in 3 and 3rd best in 1 ring...over all she came in at the best all breed House Hold pet.

New Toyger kitten came with us but just as an exhibition cat....since it was her first show I wanted her to get the sights sounds and smells down...she did good I had 2 judges handle her they both agree she will do well.

Other than that I am heading either to the couch or bed anywhere that has a TV and I can put my feet up. Nighty night all.

D
D
I swear DS9 is the Dervish's doppleganger.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Poor SIHW - sounds like you deserve another hot tub.

Kimmy, lol, it's terrifying to think there might be more than one of them.

Dervish's Log, stardate 2
Right now I am eating a cracker with cheese that I squirted out of the bottle. (He wanted to say that he pushed the cheese out, but...) I'm in Montana in the middle of nowhere (that would be Bozeman, actually ). Today I got to sit a lot and go to the Army surplus store/ I saw lots of magnets that were very strong, and something that you stick some pellets in and light them on fire and then stick a pot on it for food. We bought lots of hash browns and pads someone (NOT Noah, I hasten to add!) to sleep on.I saw a Japanese machine gun, an arctic snow cat, and an old-fashioned American bulldozer.

At lunchtime I got to play on the playground at McDonald's. A bunch of little girls were there, one little boy. One of the girl's pants were falling down on the slide, and I could see her butt. SICK-O!! There was a bunch of little girls crammed together pushing me up the slide. I dove into some snow. We stopped where Tiggy and Damon drank water from a pipe coming out of the stream but it was covered with snow higher than the car so we didn't see it. I threw snowballs in the stream in Yellowstone and the snowballs floated. Now Grandpa and I are going to eat supper. (Noah is staying in the motel and talking to NOBODY!!) Love,

Dervish

Last night I learned a lot about the difference between paragraphs (which was a typo in the other post), and parentheses, AND parentheticals. Very enlightening, in spite of the smugginess of Mom for catching me in yet another typo.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
I think I have to reschedule my hysteroscopy. I don't think Mother Nature is going away w/in the next 36 hours. rant2 5 weeks of this is enough. rant2 rant2

So, totally not happy! rant2 rant2 rant2 rant2

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
{{{{{{{{Rella}}}}}}}}}}}} That Mother Nature can be so irritating at times!

From yesterday:

Hi Everybutty (I'm spelling phonetically, you understand, and for some reason he thinks saying "t" for "d" adds emphasis and suavity!)--We were in a motel this morning, which was very crammed to me because I had to sleep by the wall and I knocked my head very hard (no sense of ANY kind was knocked into his head by this blow, however! ). We didn't leave the motel right away because Grandpa didn't feel good and we took turns rubbing his belly. Then we went to the conference office and met the president. His father knew my Grandpa, and Grandpa knew the president when he was a little boy. And Grandpa nearly threw up. We went to the book store and I got some books. Sally the Runaway Monkey is a book that is very funny and my mama and uncles and auntie read it when they were very, very small. So did Noah.

At the motel, I threw a snowball and hit Noah in the face. She tried hit me back in the face, but then she dumped snow on my head and said, "Take that." And then she made me quit playing. At the book store, I did a long shot, and hit Noah in the back. She ducked a lot, but next time she's going to be sorry. (Well, SOMEBODY is going to be sorry, but I'm not sure he's quite right about who that somebody is going to be! )

We went to Pompey's Pillar, where I visited when I was a baby.I don't remember anything about it. We climbed up steps and we got to see yellow-bellied marmots up close. He liked me more than Noah (which just goes to show how stupid marmots must be ). We saw Sackwakajea's signature (actually it wasn't Sacajawea, but it was, indeed a signature) on the rock. Other people's signatures were there too, from 2002 years ago. (Sigh--the oldest one was William Clark's, which was 203 years old. I don't know WHERE he gets his information) The ranger gave me a badge and a packet which I learned the yellow-bellied marmot. I climbed all the way to the top.

We drove and drove and drove and drove and finally we stopped and ate at Dairy Queen. Grandpa didn't eat anything because his stomach didn't feel good again. Noah and I ate onion rings and a chocolate-dipped ice cream cone and Noah's ice cream cone broke into 2 pieces while she was driving. (Don't try to say, Neakie-poo, that I'm not giving your son nourishing meals on this trip!) We drove and drove and drove and drove and drove until we finally saw Plentywood. And as soon as we got there, we turned and drove off into the dark again. Grandpa took us to North Dakota because it's right next to my house.

I helped Dad with the air mattress for Noah. I have been "playing" with Diesel. He is so happy to see me. (That must be why he keeps biting the Dervish and trying to scratch him.) I'm going to bed now. (Noah is crying with disappointment, but tomorrow will come soon. Alas...)

Love,

The Dervish

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Also, I am having outpatient surgery tomorrow preperatory to the main event. So I'll be gone for a bit, but will be sure to post on dope for your entertainment and edification.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Love you!

Does the Dervish know why Pompey's Pillar is named that?

Clarke named it after Sackajewea's son, who accompanied the exploration trip. The child was an infant literally hauled from one end of the states to another and survived!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Bet he was a Dervish! grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
According to historical records, he was the darling of the entire expedition.

Unfortunately, there are no records of him after they returned from the trip. Sacagawea ran away from her husband (who was the "official" guide - but everyone relied on Sackajawea b/c she could speak a few native languages). Her husband, John Babtiste Charbaneau (sp?) was a cruel man - he'd won Sacagawea in a bet.

I love the history of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
Originally Posted by Neak
Also, I am having outpatient surgery tomorrow preperatory to the main event. So I'll be gone for a bit, but will be sure to post on dope for your entertainment and edification.

Oh I would enjoy that immensly......not your pain...but your PUI (get it posting under the influence hehehe*snort*)......I would "highly" approve just for the entertainment value alone. Pffft....
Lolololol

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Too bad Mom isn't here to take a full transcript...

Kimmy, that whole thing is so fascinating! Young Dervish has at least heard the Your Story Hour version on the radio, but since it's for kids they leave out some of the good stuff. In his case, that's probably a good thing, lol.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 78 of 100 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation