Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Whoa Nelly!

VD called the Wookie yesterday while he was at work, so "she could talk to the kids." He told her it is Sunday, and that she knows he works on Sundays and he hung up on her.

He came home, we had a ton of fun with my sil's kids and the neighbor kids running around and cracking cascarones - it looks like a fiesta aftermath in my backyard...TGosh it's all biodegradable! I made A HUGE, GINORMOUS meal. Ham, potato salad, fruit salad (yummy, yummy - can't say fruit salad anymore without adding the Wiggles "yummy, yummy!" at the end), baked beans, broiled green beans with bacon and onions (try broiling your frozen green beans some time...it's so good!), homemade whole wheat rolls, mini-trees (broccoli), and a birthday/Easter cake and cupcakes because we were also celebrating my neice's birthday.

Anyway, the point is that we were living our lives and having a nice day. When the Wookie got home he changed out of his uni and forgot his phone on my dresser. No one was upstairs because we were playing pool and playing outside. When we wrap it up and roll our gorged selves upstairs, his phone was beeping. There was a voicemail from the ()&*^*&$&$(&)&_()#*$)(^*% cussing him out. She was VERY drunk...like, very, very drunk. She called him a b@stard, a very derogatory word for man on man, said she hated him, and a whole bunch of things that would've made me laugh if'n it weren't so pathetic.

Gee, exmistress meltdown much?

What I want to know, is if she were calling to talk to the kids why in the world would she think that we'd allow it if it was SO apparent that she'd been drinking and was sloppy drunk? Who would allow any child to listen to that?

What.

A.

Loser.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
J
J
Deal,
I think this says it all:

What.

A.

Loser.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
B
B
I know the drama can suck but the silver lining is H can see what a nutjob she is and thank his lucky stars that he has an awesome wife. wink

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
T
T
Agreed about the awesome wife (AND the nutjob).

I wanna hear more about the food.
That sounds WONDERFUL!!!!

M
M
Egadz.....can you imagine the conversation if she HAD talked to the kids? "NO WIRE HANGERS!!"

Your fruit salad got me singing Yo Gabba Gabba's "Party in my Tummy" SO YUMMY! SO YUMMY!

C
C
I love it when the OP is the biggest loser!!!

I want the green bean recipe!!!!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
I can't believe I missed that dinner.

Are there enough leftovers to make it worth stopping by?

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
D
OP Offline
D
There is a metric ton of leftovers, SS.

Chai - I spread frozen green beans (the whole ones) on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.

I dice about 4 slices of bacon and fry them till they're crispy, then throw in about a half a diced onion. When the onions are translucent, I remove from the heat and drain off most of the fat. I drizzle the beans with the bacon and onions, add a couple of twists of the salt and pepper grinders and broil for about 10 min with the rack halfway down in the oven. (check often to make certain the beans aren't scorched.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation