Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
T
I am not religious so I feel my offering prayers would seem insincere. Instead, I will offer you jingles of my curb chain. This is something horsey-people do and though you may find it strange and unusual, I offer them with all my heart and soul and I truly hope my jingles can offer you some comfort. You are in my thoughts tonight.

T
T
(((PM))) You are a strong woman PM and your husband is lucky to have you at his side to support him through this. Blessings to you both, TT

J
J
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. May He give strength and healing to your husband, and protect your family.

*hugs*

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
D
D
Not to be dumb...but, what is a horsey-person and a jingle? You mean a song?

PM--prayers to you and your hubby. You will be lifted up and HE will watch over you. You will be given the strength to deal with this situation.

My H had to have his colon removed back in 2003 (I think) and it was a tough surgery/recovery. He did not have cancer rather his colon just stopped functioning. We believe it was due to some meds (mild chemotherapy) that he had to take for another condition.

But, he came through the surgery and recovered well. Took about 6 weeks.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

L
L
pray
hug PM and DH hug
pray

Surrounding you both with prayers and hugs

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
B
B
"Not to be dumb...but, what is a horsey-person and a jingle?"

I think the jingle is from a curb chain on a horse's bridle. I thought Tabby's gesture was very sweet - kind of like a Christian or Jew praying.

Q
Q
I think you are so right Believer.

PM, I'm glad the news was what is was. You are right, positive attitude, lots of love, faith in G-d and prayers surrounding you can't be any better a force field of protection.

I love you... Even if you have bad choices in football teams.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
OP Offline
P
bigkahuna, Mark, brokenhusband, carp, johnstwin, tabby1 (you made me smile), tucktummy, jayne241, dawn12365, lildoggie, believer, queeniesadventure…

Thank you all for your prayers (and jingles – lol). I’ll try and keep you updated as we go along. The next step is the CAT scan on the 15th to figure out what stage he is. Then it’s on to surgery.

I told DH he has people all over the WORLD praying (and jingling) for him. He was overwhelmed and grateful. Thanks again everybody!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
OP Offline
P
Oh and Queenie (sticking my tongue out at you!), about my choices in football teams? Go Cowboys!! LOL

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
O
O
PM, my prayers are with you and DH.

G
G
Sorry to hear of the troubles in your life. Medical technology today offer miracles every day. My FIL had his colon cut three times - lived until he was 84. God bless you and your DH!

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
I
I
Prayers from darkest Africa.

Hope in God is a plan...

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
M
M
I was stunned to see this thread while Mr. W and I were on vacation - I tried to post immediately when I saw it, and my silly computer froze up...ugh...You were being thought of and prayed for though...Great Big Hugs and Many Prayers coming your way PM...I'm so sorry to hear this news, but I know you to be a woman of great strength and faith...You know just who to lean on during this difficult time...It's going to be okay dear, sweet lady...(((((PM)))))

Love,

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Hey PM! I'm so sorry love that your family is haivng to climb this rock in the road of life! I certainly will be in the line of people who are praying for you guys!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
P
OP Offline
P
That video was so true. I know He's there during the storm. Thank you. Now I've got to go find some Kleenex.

S
S
PM,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. My own H was diagnosed with prostate cancer just days after our d-day.

He just had his three-year "all clear", and for prostate cancer that is considered his cure date.

You can make it through this, as a team.

The cure rate for colon cancer is very good - so hang in there!

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
H
H
PM, thinking of you and your H. This is a season of miracles, and God is listening to these prayer warriors.

You have been hills and valleys and both of you can do this. Medical technology is advanced. Your H is fighting the good fight.

Take care and God bless even though you like those Cowboys.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks guys.

I think it's starting to sink in. DH has been fine up until yesterday when he lost it. He got so mad because he found out he was going to have to drink a bunch of barium for his CT Scan after the nurse told him he'd only have to drink a cup.

Not really a big deal right? His anger was so disproportionate to the circumstance... but finally he admitted that it wasn't the barium thing... he's beginning to get angry about the whole thing. Understandable IMO.

Today he's going to the church for prayer so he can get a handle on his emotions. I told him what he's feeling is perfectly normal for anyone dealing with cancer. It'll be like a rollercoaster ride (boy does that sound familiar). I was in tears myself most of the evening and feeling really anxious (reminder: "be anxious for nothing" - easier said than done, I know). Guess it's hitting me too. I think I'm even losing weight!

Tomorrow is his CT scan, we're praying that it hasn't spread anywhere else.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 04/14/09 11:41 AM.

C
C
PM, you can tell him a funny (now) story for me. I had to have an ultrasound done a long time ago, and they told me I had to fill my bladder - as much as it would take. So I drank water, and drank, and drank...and stayed away from the bathroom, to 'keep it all in.' The next morning I thought I was going to die! I went in, and WAITED for 2 hours! I swear it was more miserable than childbirth! Finally they called me, and tried to US me, and couldn't! My bladder was so full they couldn't get an image!

The lady asked me how much I had drunk and I said about 2 or 3 gallons of water, and they all just burst out laughing! Red faced, I asked what was wrong, and the lady said 'Honey, a quart would have done the trick! Now go to the bathroom and get rid of most of that!'

P
OP Offline
P
Cat, that was hilarious! I told my DH and he thought it was funny too.

Okay guys, ready for a Friday afternoon miracle?

DH had his CT done and it came back "normal". Yay!! I asked if this means he doesn't need surgery and they said, no, the cancer is still there, it just didn't show up on the scan. But it also means it's not anywhere else.

So now we're looking at our options... surgery or no? We've read up on this and it almost seems worth it to take the chance and not have the surgery. DH is 59, it's obviously a slow-growing cancer. He's had no side-effects from it.

I dunno, at least now we can breath and really think this through. My DH even mentioned checking into some natural treatments. He DOES NOT want to do any chemo.

We're going to talk to his doctor and the surgeon about all of this and then get a second opinion. We just don't want to rush into anything.

So thank you thank you thank you for all your prayers! dance2

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation