Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 82 of 100 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 99 100
C
C
Hey, folks, I need a bit of help. I hate to ask but there are cancer patients who need help. If you all could donate $5-10 (or even more) to help me raise about $400 more for Gilda's Club, I would really appreciate it - and so would people like Jack, David, Sandy, Pam, Rick, Mary Elizabeth, Lee, Dot, Ken, and many more.

...and forget that $3000 my profile says I want to raise....I messed up and didn't start my fundraising effectively so now I'll be joyous to raise $750!

Oh, I'm doing this half marathon with my daughter. Of all the people on the team, we are the only mother/daughter duo and she is the only high school student! WAY COOL to take on this kind of project, for 4 months, with your teenager!

Last edited by cinderella; 04/17/09 03:10 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Oh. And OCDS is going 5 to be FIVE tomorrow! FIVE is so big...but it's so leeeeetle, too. I love FIVE.

Six is good, too....but FIVE...ah, five.

I LOVE 5!! DS2 is 5 and he says the funniest things. The other day, he wanted to change his name to Batman.

D
D
My middle boy doesn't have a middle name (because he's a III), and once asked if he could have "Superman" be his middle name. When we said no, he meekly asked if "Clark Kent" was okay.

(sigh)

The DNA donor called and is having her brother bring her to pick up the children. I dunno why she bothers - it's been over a month and about 2 weeks ago they quit asking about her.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
My middle boy doesn't have a middle name (because he's a III), and once asked if he could have "Superman" be his middle name. When we said no, he meekly asked if "Clark Kent" was okay.

(sigh)

The DNA donor called and is having her brother bring her to pick up the children. I dunno why she bothers - it's been over a month and about 2 weeks ago they quit asking about her.

Man, I can relate to that. I didn't see my father for over 20 years and as of this moment, don't have any plans to reconnect with him ever again. I tried......too many years lost and it's just awkward for me. She'll reap what she sows with them.

S
S
Nose fountain lol

I can fix that...here have some of my kool aid laugh

S
S
...B was even sucking her thumb for the camera.

Dr. Sent us to UCSF to so a cardiology ultra sound for DS while I was preggo with him....just a precaution since I was borderline gestinal diabetic...they tell you to have a full bladder....omg....both DS and I were not happy or comfortable. As soon as the cardiologist started the U/S we got a shock.....it seemed at tho DS was displaying his disapproval by flipping off the cardiologist then moving from the camera. The cardialogist laughed about it and we moved on. A little awkwad....DS so takes after me.

T
T
If you went to UCSF, you must be somewhere in our neck 'o the woods. We, too, are in northern CA.

tl

S
S
We live in monterey county. By da sea!

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
That Dr. Liz is pretty amazing...yesterday was pretty bad, and the day before hardly better. I'd been feeling good enough that my pain med Wed nite was the last one I took, I mean, I was up and around and feeling fine...blech!

She's got a camera here somewhere - I know she does!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
My 84yo mom fell yesterday and dislocated her elbow. She is in the hospital. In lots of pain. They can't find reason yet. Doing MRI for fractured hip. I don't think she will be headed back to independent living. She hasn't been taking care of herself and her chemistry was not right....electrolytes, potassium, stuff like that.

pray

P
P
((( Cinders )))

I totally "get" where you are.
My 86 year old Dad was living independently (but assisted) until he broke 3 bones within 6 months. He's now in a nursing home - but sometimes he thinks he's on an ocean liner (the rare up-side of dementia).

OUR good news! We've rented our Santa Clara house - with a year's lease to a nice married couple with 3 sons. Their credit rating is over 800 and they both graduated from MIT !!!!

We feel blessed.

F
F
(((Cinders))) I am sorry about your mom. Pep, great news! I hope they are the best tenents!

Bad news in my family. My older sis (53) and her H came out from OK last weekend. I knew for about 6 months something was "off" with her. She told my other sister while here she has early onset dementia. My mom has Alzheimers but she is in her 70's. My sister is only 53!!! I am numb right now cuz I suspected this was the case for a few months but had not seen her. Apparently her and H are handling it well. I have no idea what this means for me and my siblings. I am trying so hard to just put this in God's hands. In the meantime, I am getting ready to buy a few journels. I am going to journel my life as best as I can and then journel for each of my kids. Just in case...

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Poor {{{{Faithie and Cinders}}}}}. So sorry to hear of both bad newses, and am praying for you.

Pep - that is so funny about your dad! Can you make my grandpa think he's on a cruise, too?

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Loosen up your pipes there, girlie. I'm coming over with the music shortly and you can start working for your big day! I was GOING to say your "big debutt" but that would only be because of those 15# that will be added by the camera...:MrEEk:

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I hope you called first, since I was gone. crazy

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
I did not, and had a perfectly lovely time all by myself at Neaksis' house, where I waited for a couple of hours hoping somebody would show up. However, I have practiced today, if not with you. :twobyfour:

tl

A
A
Faith & Rella so sorry to hear the bad news. I'll keep you in my prayers. hug

tl as long as someone practices I'm sure it will be ok. grin However Neak should perhaps be less active... just for a day or so naughty
However tl could be getting a hot chocolate or something while practising whistle

Guess who has arrived back only minutes ago? laugh hurray
excitement was reigning for some minutes... Mikey crawling all over her getting his hugs.... then all went quiet. She's asleep. smirk

I'm going to be a good mum and not even open her cases. laugh

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

T
T
I'm going to be a good mum and not even open her cases. laugh

What a model of maternal decorum and restraint you are, to be sure!! rotflmao

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh dear, oh dear. Sorry! The kids went on their Pathfinder outing right after lunch, so I left about oh 5:30 to help fix the special supper up at the church, and to help clean up afterwards. Free food, hey?

Very too bad to have missed a practice, and if only you had gotten there sooner you could have gone with me, practiced, AND had spaghetti and ice cream. frown

AW, welcome home the adorable world traveler! Now how are we supposed to get a complete shipping manifesto if you don't look through her bags before she wakes up????

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I Know its just not CRICKET I say. Now that's she is over 18 and married I have all these boundaries to observe. whistle

I was taught by a master here on mb stickout

Rule 1 ... Observe she is not watching while you look around .. lol rotflmao

However in the end I didn't have to as she was busily throwing things out of the cases ... I did end up with a large present ... a whole PILE of damp beer smelling clothes ... I wonder how THAT happened?????

Hayley was snoring in the car as we dropped her off at her mum and dads ... yes both sets of parents still play taxi service ... sometimes the designated 'skipper' drinks.

Clare and Jim had their car in long term storage at the airport so went straight home. Aussie offered to drive them but Jim said he was ok he got some sleep whereas the girls talked.. and talked ...and talked ... and talked .... reliving every moment according to Jim. Jim's comment to Aussie ..'Yeah mate it was ok" ... nodded wisely to each other .. grunted ... I expected them to scratch their butts next and was muttering please no butt scratching in public please no .. 'Oh God too late!! MrRollieEyes

She looks skinny despite her concerns of all her 'eating' skeptical

I really wanted to see the Dalmatian coat grin however she gave it to Sio to use until she goes back in June. Very disappointed cry rotflmao

A whole load of jewellery... mostly just cheap pieces except for the pearls.
A few t-shirts
A few leather belts
Some new leather bags
Some material I'm not sure if its mini skirts or hankies dontknow (actually I do but Hubby was reading it over my shoulder flirt )

we didn't get to the odds and ends... have to do that tomorrow.

Neak keep her distracted and I'll 'fall' over the bagged items :crosseyedcrazy:

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

Page 82 of 100 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation