Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 83 of 100 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 99 100
S
S
JUst got back from a day of family FUN...F and I took DS all over...we went to the park, then the SPCA (no we didn't bring anything home even tho it was tempting), then we went to fishermans wharf, looked at a nice garden as a possible wedding site, then we walked...and walked...got ice cream...walked some more...now we are finally home resting.

ANd I think I got some sun...yippee...summer tan comin early as it was HOT here today. How is the weather elsewhere ya'll?

C
C
Yesterday, up at 5 a.m. to take daughter to work then go to group training.....hurt knee last week and one of the coaches wouldn't let me walk. Finally left the club house at 10:30, picked up son, went and bought some things for yardwork, took them home, went to get daughter at work, ran errand or two, got home at 2 p.m. and got to hospital about 3 p.m. I left at 10 and went home to bed.

Got up at 7:30 this morning. Went to church for UB the Sermon day where I worked in the nursery from 9 until about 3:15. Went home, got the stuff I needed, and headed to the hospital where I arrived about 4:15. Stayed until after 9...home by 9:30.

Tomorrow is work....goodnight friends.

T
T
Tina's youngest adoptee, the author of "Presbyterian Crossing", sometimes gives deep meaning to the word "shallow." He was supposed to write a description of heaven, as if he were newly arrived and describing what he saw. Well, it's been like pulling teeth, but we've finally gotten over a page of "descriptive" terms. Here are 2 things I'm willing to bet none of you knew about heaven: (1) "There are a bunch of animals, and they're all frieds." (Heaven is McDonald's? faint) (2) "The lions sleep with sheeps." (Indiscriminate interspecies breeding?:MrEEk:)Sounds a lot greasier and racier than anything I was imagining!

As many of you know, some of our kids' mental circuits have been at least temporarily fried by the effects of being molested. That's not funny at all. But some of their efforts at reading comprehension crack me up. Here's a sample of today's, courtesy Mr. Presbyterian...

1) The first inhabitants of North America were the Pemmicans.

2) Oh, wait--aren't Pemmicans those birds with the big beaks that eat fish?

3) Bartolomeu (mutilated pronunciation) Die-az (Dias) sailed to India in 1947, a journey of over 11 miles.

4) Space travel has long captured the human image.

5) The name of the space probe was the Looser (Lunar) Prospector.

According to him, the nickname for the soldiers-from-the-country-we-couldn't-remember whom the rebel colonists were fighting, was not "redcoats." They were called the "bluebellies." Stupid English lizards. rotflmao (It was in this study of the Revolutionary War that he told me Paul Revere rode through town shouting, "The Asians are coming, the Asians are coming!")

During the election coverage we watched the Sarah Palin interview. So did the kids, not so much because politics fascinate them, but because they all had to be in plain sight of the adults at all times. When it came to part that showed the moose sausages, Val (the child who received most of the molestation while still with her bio-mom) looked at Sarah holding one of them, um, erect, while she removed the casing, and asked, "Just what part of the moose did that come from anyway?"

From the Dervish: He was bragging that he was part Native American from two tribes. "Mostly I am Sac and Fox, but I'm a little bit Parakeet, too." Then there was the time at Christmas that we went to the nursing home after church. I played the piano; the kids sang. Devon sat in a semi-confused old lady's lap and talked the whole time. I quit playing and got up just in time to see him point at her mouth and hear these words, "See? I lost a tooth and you lost a tooth, too. See?" Point vigorously. "See?" Point again, a little closer to her mouth this time.

Really, the Dervish has become such a Mr. Malaprop that I think we need to keep a record of his gems of "wisdom." He has been spending some time with me (he's just 8, for everybody who doesn't know). He's been learning 1 John 1:9 by memory, and this morning he said it this way--

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and Justuss..."

I knew Justuss was important, but really!! MrRollieEyes

This is the kid that said people who live in Canada are called "Cannibals." He was sorry that the wind blew over my "chicken kook."

However, let's end with a Susanism. I was reading the kids a bedtime story, and the little bluebirds were getting ready to fly south for the winter. "They spread their wings..." was what it said, but I read it to one and all as "They spread their legs..." And then had to tell the kids that they absolutely couldn't repeat Grandma's little joke to others, even though Auntie and Grandma laughed a lot when she said it.naughty

I have GOT to get better reading glasses!

tl

P.S. Neak is going to be singing on TV this weekend, and I'll be her piano flunky, but I don't think we'll tell anybody how to see it until we see how it turns out. No sense in being embarrassed before the WORLD!

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh no, we don't mind being embarrassed. Since we have no guarantee we'll be online afterwards, of COURSE we are going to tell everyone how to see it.

You're NOT going to make any mistakes.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
VD said she was not going to bring the kids back yesterday.

She said she'd meet us downtown, but she said she talked to a probation officer about the case, he read the orders and she doesn't have to d/o or p/u anywhere but downtown.

The downside? We couldn't do anything about this because of the self same orders she CLAIMS to be following.

This is verbatim what the orders say - these are the original orders - not the mediation orders that she took us back to court over (which should overwrite ANY orders, but she won't follow because it doesn't suit her).

(g) General Terms and Conditions

Except as otherwise explicitly provided in this Standard Possession Order, the terms and conditions of possession of the children apply regardless of the distance between the residence of a parent and the child are as follows:

1. Surrender of the child by (the Wookie) - the Wookie is ORDERED to surrender the child to VD at the beginning of each period of VDs possession at the (PD downtown parking lot).

If a period of possession by VD begins at the time the child's school is regularly dismissed, the Wookie is ORDERED to surrender the child t6o VD at the beginning of each such period of possession at the school in which the child is enrolled. If the child is not in school, VD shall pick up the child at the parking lot and the Wookie is ORDERED to surrender the child at the parking lot.

2. Surrender of child by VD - VD is ORDERED to surrender the child to the Wookie at the parking lot downtown.

If a period of possesion by VD - VD is ORDERED to surrender the child to the Wookie at the end of each such period of the possession at the school in which the child is enrolled for, or if the child is not in school, at the parking lot downtown.

3. Surrender of the child by VD - VD is ORDERED to surrender the child to the Wookie if the child is in VD's possession or subject to VD's control at the beginning of each period of the Wookie's exclusive periods of possession, at the place designated in this Standard Possession Order.

OCDS is in Pre-K program at a private daycare/Learning center. OCDD is in public school Kinder at the same school at DS(my 9 year old).

She returned them late last night (AFTER I'd lost 10 lbs. thru my tushie - that's how I stress...my tummy is still sore).

The Wookie'd called her and told her WHICH page he was reading and urged her to read it herself so to save getting herself into more trouble. Guess she took his advice.

OCDD collapsed into me before bed - crying and asking why her daddy didn't marry her mommy, then saying she wishes she'd been born from my tummy.

WTHeck are they telling these children?

Remember a few months ago when we had to get the children during the wee hours of the morning because one of VDs boyfriends had tried to break in and had broken a window? Apparently he is LIVING there. Both the children said that because "Fat BF" was staying there, they couldn't sleep in their mom's bed and had to sleep on the living room floor and the sofa in the living room.

I so zarkin' hate her.

I was just reading that God will forgive you if you forgive others. I guess I'm going to hell, cos I don't have it in me to forgive her anymore.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Oh no, we don't mind being embarrassed. Since we have no guarantee we'll be online afterwards, of COURSE we are going to tell everyone how to see it.

You're NOT going to make any mistakes

Dr L said there are no such things as 'mistakes' its called presenting your own individual interpretation grin

what's in a chord or three ... or a key here or there laugh

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

A
A
Kimmy as VD is adversely affecting the children with her behaviour I think it would be abnormal for you not to feel pretty narked at her and feel some kind of hatred for the harm she is causing.

Its understandable and human.

Forgiving her ??? it is also something to work towards Kimmy for YOU ... Godly forgiveness does NOT mean VD should not face the consequences of her actions

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

D
D
BTW: My littlest little turned 5 Saturday.

FIVE.

I know. I told you all already.

But FIVE got him a really killer slime green and silver bicycle (remember Slime - it came in a garbage can and was guarenteed to really piss your mom off if'n you got it on the shag carpet?). It's a freaking awesome set 'o wheels.

FIVE totally rocks.

(but I really want him to stay little...how can I pull that off?)

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
Can I ask?

What do I say to OCDD? What? What do you say when they ask why their daddy didn't marry their mommy?

"Um, Cos I was here first..."

...lame, but true?

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Can I ask?

What do I say to OCDD? What? What do you say when they ask why their daddy didn't marry their mommy?

The truth.

He made 2 babies with VD when he was already married to me. He was wrong when he did that, but we love all our children.

P
P
PS - It ain't your job to 'splain.
It's The Wookie's job.

A
A
Yes that's right..... it is

however I would throw the idea out there that BOTH of you be there when Wookie does because of the trust and love they have for you and how much you love them.
They also will need to know that you are there for them regardless.

I suspect his comments have far more to do with his recognition young as he is that you and the Wookie are HOME... good kind loving and happy things happen there. He probably wants that for his bio mum and his bros and sisters... he knows something is wrong that end but not what.. the poor little tyke.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
hurray Perfect answer Ms. Pep!

You know Kimmy, God is also angry when people harm His little children. Does the word "millstone" ring any bells? You remember - the millstone and mid-ocean drowning that would be MUCH easier than the absolute and fair justice God is saving up for the unrepentant harmers of children...

AW, lol, can't wait to see what individual interpretation we come up with. rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
fair justice...hi, I'm from the department of redundancy department

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Originally Posted by Pepperband
PS - It ain't your job to 'splain.
It's The Wookie's job.

He did.

She sat with her face buried in my shirt. All I could do was kiss her little pointed head and tell her I love her.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
He did.

She sat with her face buried in my shirt. All I could do was kiss her little pointed head and tell her I love her.

This issue and her questions will occur over and over.

There are no satisfactory answers to assuage her pain (and her future anger) .... there is only the truth and reassurance.

As a mother of two adopted children, I can tell you, she is gradually becoming aware that she is a victim of her own bio parents who created the uncertainty she will feel on some level for the rest of her life.

I'm sorry to say this to you. This is only the beginning. Stay strong.

Always remember, it is The Wookie who needs to explain the events. If you try to do it for him, the kids will know in their gut that it is a cop out.

I've tried to explain their birth parent's choices to our kids, as I understand them. It is not satisfactory to them. It comforts them to a degree, but unless it comes from the people who chose to harm them, it is never enough.

This is the weight of adult sin that our children must bear.

Do the best you can. Do not carry inappropriate guilt. I did that for awhile, it screws everything up. crazy

A
A
Now are you two wonderful aisle shoppers Neak and tl ready for the BIG gig???

have you practised?

have you got it all ready to go?

have you visualised it?

are you nervous? scared? tummy rumbles and sweating? restless and walking in circles?? sweaty palms? don't have ANY need for laxatives?

if so then I'll tell you a secret, YOU ARE READY!!!

Luv
Liz rotflmao

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I wasn't nervous till today when I saw our names in the bulletin RIGHT NEXT TO PASTOR DOUG BATCHELOR!!!

faint

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
hey I've seen Pastor Doug on Foxtel, I'm sure it was the same bloke. Tallish, bald glasses and is always smiling it hurts to look at him when you just want to sulk and enjoy your *issy mood!! grumble

I changed channel so I could continue sulking.
rotflmao

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
rotflmao bald glasses rotflmao

Yep, sounds like him. Hope you're not sulking tomorrow, or whatever it will be for you. grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 83 of 100 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation