Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
C
C
We could always look at the massive effort it took to allow women to vote in America. Or the laws that had to change around the world before women were allowed to own property, who were literally invisible in their families as the men inherited everything. Or the American Indian women who were sent out to die when their husbands died because they were deemed valueless. Or the terrorists who are going around behind us in Afghanistan tearing down all the schools we built for the girls.

Women succeeded, but they had to be careful about it. Has anyone read The Dollhouse (Ibsen)? Very good commentary on this subject.

But we should probably get back to the real topic.:)

M
M
Show me a woman who blames her failure to achieve on some MAN not giving her something ["permission" "money" bank loans," etc] and I will show you a PHONY. I will show you a weak woman who is not an EQUAL. Would we allow a MAN to get away with that blameshifting?? What if Einstein invented NOTHING because his WIFE would not "allow" him to invent the light bulb? Wouldn't that be ridiculous?

A real feminist believes she is EQUAL and gets it done on her own. She is not some half baked fool who can't make it unless a MAN gives her something. Nothing equal about that. I have no use and no patience for self appointed victims. They are not heroines and not feminists, they are cry babies.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
I agree, women are definitely not weak. I'm so grateful that I live in the time and society that I do. smile

ouchthathurt,

I will agree that I am constantly thinking that this needs to be done and this kid needs this before he/she goes to bed or school, etc. And, you're right. The hubby never gets up during commercials to help out. He doesn't even notice messes or the trash until I point it out.
LOL.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
B
Why do men break wind more than women?

- Because women can't shut up long enough to build up the pressure.

Why do men die before their wives?

- They want to.

Have a good night all!

LG, I'll be on the look out for your response. lashes

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
V
V
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What if Einstein invented NOTHING because his WIFE would not "allow" him to invent the light bulb? Wouldn't that be ridiculous?

rotflmao

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
P
P
What if Einstein invented NOTHING because his WIFE would not "allow" him to invent the light bulb?
rotflmao
Mel fails a trivial pursuit question
It must be your post op pain meds rotflmao

M
M
Originally Posted by catperson
We could always look at the massive effort it took to allow women to vote in America. Or the laws that had to change around the world before women were allowed to own property, who were literally invisible in their families as the men inherited

I think this is an admission that women were at one time NOT EQUAL. Many CHOSE to be weak and inept. They sat around and WAITED to be given PERMISSION unlike MEN. However, WOMEN are responsible for those choices, not men. Men did not sit around and cry victim waiting for someone to GIVE THEM something as many women have.

Where would our country be today if MEN had sat around waiting for PERMISSION from someone? C'mon, people. To say that women needed permission and men didn't is an admission of WEAKNESS. It is an admission of INEQUALTY.

Nor have pioneering women sat around and cried victim waiting to be given something they did not earn. They didn't have time to cry, they went out and farmed, started companies, changed laws, started banks, built bridges, bought and sold land. They didn't sit home and caterwaul waiting for some man to give them "permission" to do something.

My greatgrandmothers died millionaires and they didn't get that money from feminazis in combat boots or from crying victim. No one gave them "permission." They got it from simple hard work and SHREWDNESS. They didn't wait for some Poppa Daddy to come give them PERMISSION. They just went out and did it. I have alot of faith in my MOST OF my fellow women, and many of us truly ARE EQUALS. We didn't blame "society" or "MEN" for our choices.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
What if Einstein invented NOTHING because his WIFE would not "allow" him to invent the light bulb?
rotflmao
Mel fails a trivial pursuit question
It must be your post op pain meds rotflmao

oops!! I never was good at SCIENCE!! rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M
Its not my fault, I was oppressed!! The MAN was keeping me down!! They didn't teach science to we little gals back in 1929! cry

Mel<---sorta likes dat game! grin

Exposure 101

C
C
My greatgrandmothers died millionaires and they didn't get that money from feminazis in combat boots or from crying victim. No one gave them "permission."
But I'm assuming they were still turned away at the voting booths, if they were in America.

P
P
IMPORTANT TIP for Mel
Do NOT try out for the TV game show

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?

M
M
My greatgrandmothers died millionaires and they didn't get that money from feminazis in combat boots or from crying victim. No one gave them "permission."
But I'm assuming they were still turned away at the voting booths, if they were in America.

Who GAVE women voting rights? And who GAVE them to men?

Exposure 101

M
M
I just wonder who gave MEN permission to vote? think

Exposure 101

C
C
The men who fought the wars, signed the treaties, and wrote the Constitution.

M
M
The men who fought the wars, signed the treaties, and wrote the Constitution.

Who gave THEM permission? Who gave them permission to "fight wars, sign treaties, and write the Constitution?"

Exposure 101

M
M
catperson, do you have your husband's permission to be on the computer this late?

Exposure 101

C
C
Mel, we've already had the Women's Lib movement. No need for permission any more, lol.

C
C
Interesting apropos story:

Many people working on women's issues in Afghanistan agree: to empower women, you first need to enlist the men.

V
V
That was a very interesting read, catperson. It makes me even more grateful for the freedoms that we have here.

Hopefully their women's rights movement will come to fruition.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
M
M
I hope you gals have permission from your MEN to be up this late! smile

Exposure 101

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation