Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2249717 04/22/09 09:33 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Long story made short
WH left the house in octuber because he didn't want to deal with my anger after finding out of second affair, left me with a 10 month old baby.

We agreed to work on this marriage and,while he has not come back home, I have no reason to believe he is acting up since he left.

We agreed to talk once a week, go to therapy once a week and go on a date once a week. If I don't remind him, it doesnt happen.

We had to stop therapy for financial issues so we agreed we would talk 2 times a week, go on a date once a week.

Weeks pass by, if I remind him nicely nothing happens, it I express I feel angry or become distant, he follows the plan, ... for two days.

I asked him if he is really interested on building a relationship with me, he says YES! but left to his own resources, 3 weeks can pass by and we would not talk unless it is baby related.

Being too tired or too busy, anything is a valid excuse/
How tired or busy do you think I am with a full time job and single mothering our baby now toddler?

Why does he do this, I think he really doesnt want this relatioship, or is not willing to do what needed.

He is been gone for 6 months now and I believe we have talked about the topic maybe 4-6 times on our own and 6 times on therapy....And we spent those therapies getting to the agreement to talk every week! only ONCE in therapy did we talk about what happened.

I am really hurt about all this, but also I know I don't have the guts to end it. I've tried.

Formerly known as TotallyLostNow
C
C
Why? Because he doesn't really care if he comes back. He's having too much fun not having to be responsible for you two and scr*w all the girls he wants now, since he's out of the house. Sorry, but you asked.

D
OP Offline
D
I did but one can be honest without being cruel.

I see you believe he doesn't want to come back and that he is indeed acting out. Very possible.

He just came in and offer a schedule for us to talk twice a week and offer to send me a proposed topic in advance.

He claims (yes I know it could very well be BS) he is sorry but and is scared to death of talking to me and face what he has done.

I do realize he is just saying what I want to hear. We'll see what happens the next couple of weeks and see if this time around he stick to his word.

He came as consequence of me saying this is just not working, that I felt neglected and that I needed for him to commit to work on this relationship for me to continue considering allowing him back in the future.

Thank you for listening.

C
C
I'm not being cruel, I am telling you the logical answer to your question. What other reason would he have for staying away? Well, what I said, as well as that he is probably having an affair. Neither of which you want to hear, right?

The point is, if you want him home, you will have to make some changes.

Have you read about Plan A here? Have you read about Love Busters and Emotional Needs? You need to learn these things, and then we can give you a game plan for getting him to come back.

P
P
I know you hurt, but Cat was being VERY honest and truthful with you.

You are married to a serial cheater. Based on your old posts, you were dealing with a SECOND affair in September 2007. In 2008, he did it again.

You have small children. Do you really want this as a way of life for them?

You need to get this man out of your life and move on as best as you can. He's not going to change.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
OP Offline
D
I appreciate the input, i still think there was space for tact, but that is me. I am taking what you both say for face value. I have some thinking to do.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 766 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation