Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
Do the names Butafucco and Fisher ring a bell to anyone else here. To H*ll with the movies- real life is far scarier.

Call her Parents, give them a chance to help her, and warn them that if she comes back around you will call the cops. This is not to be taken lightly. Youth and Obsession make a VERY DANGEROUS mix!

C
C
CALL HER PARENTS RIGHT NOW!

Oh, and install a keylogger on H's computer and put a voice-activated recorder under the seat of his car. Your odds are 50/50 they are already having sex.

Last edited by catperson; 04/23/09 09:31 AM.
D
D
Was your husband home when you bumped into her outside?

P
P
skeptical

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
R
RedVine Offline OP
OP Offline
R
If I may elaborate on the camera thing:
I asked my husband and he said that the girl has an obsession with photography and videos. She likes to go out and film anything that strikes her fancy. He told me that when they driving from New York, she had the camera on her lap and was recording their conversation, including the drug comment. I have no idea what she gets out of doing this. My biggest fear is that she will post it on Youtube and it will somehow be traced to my husband.

B
B
Yeah, I'd definitely let her parents know. That's just creepy.

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

C
C
Have you called her parents?

G
G
Exactly what I was thinking - Fisher shot Buttafuoco's wife. Redvine - forget about camera - the fact that she approached you in a very eery way - call her parents. Do not let this continue and don't let your H be naive about it either. This is the kind of stuff people often take lightly until something serious happens and then it's to late.

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
S
S
:MrEEk:

screw that...make a police report...if anything at least an informational one so you have some documentation in case she gets worse. She is definitly stalking you guys.....has it seemed at all if anyone has gone through your garbage?

Last edited by SIHW; 04/23/09 09:49 PM.
P
P
skeptical

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Hey stalkers do that.....you can learn alot about people by going through there trash....we learned this in academy....one of the detectives teaching a module had taken FBI courses in profiling.
It is also how alot of people get identities stolen.....thats why they say anything with personal info should be shredded before being thrown out.

B
B
To true. Also keep in mind that once your garbage hits the curb it is fair game for ANYONE to go through (it is consdered abandonded) but if she is on your property going through it you can nail her for tresspassing.

R
RedVine Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Going through the garbage is a valid concern, but I'm not worried about that. She doesn't want to steal anyone's identity. Her obsession is seeing my husband. It's been awhile since their last car ride together, but he still e-mails her frequently. Right now my biggest concern is if she transfers schools. Then she would be able to see my husband many times a week. If she starts making serious advances at him and someone finds out it could mess up his career.

This whole thing is bizarre. Why would an 18-year-old have a crush on a 50-year-old anyway?

Last edited by RedVine; 04/24/09 07:47 AM.
T
T
Originally Posted by RedVine
Why would an 18-year-old have a crush on a 50-year-old anyway?
Top ENs of conversation, financial security, and recreational companionship.

Long car rides with conversations about lots of topics and experiences that seem amazing to a young person.

A house, a car, a good job.

Music.

C
C
I forget your sitch but is he a teacher?? This is totally inappropriate!

Please call her parents.

R
RedVine Offline OP
OP Offline
R
He works at a university a few miles away from our home. After her music audition he drove her to the train station. Right now she doesn't go to his school but there is a good good chance that she will start going there next year.

C
C
Call her parents. I would definitely flip out if I found out my 18 year old was stalking a 50 year old- and she would not be transferring schools on MY dime.

D
D
Time to stop talking about it and do something about it.

So, what are you going to do?

B
B
Going through the garbage is a valid concern, but I'm not worried about that. She doesn't want to steal anyone's identity.

There is more than one type of identity to steal. There is the obvious financial identity but what about you as a woman, wife to the man she has become obsessed with.

Stealing someones financial identity is not the only purpose of going through garbage. She could find out very personal and intimate details of your life with your husband and try to use them to her advantage. The type of lotion/perfume/makeup you use, how often you have relations, brands and types of foods you buy and prepare, clothing, shopping receipts, restaurant receipts etc.. people don't fully comprehend what and how much info we discard in our trash. That is why it is such an effective investigative tool.

I point this out to you not to creep you out but for you and for others who may find this info useful or have never looked at it this way before. In fact, when I suspected my H of his affair, I started going through our trash and found some very interesting stuff myself.

C
C
Originally Posted by RedVine
It's been awhile since their last car ride together, but he still e-mails her frequently. Right now my biggest concern is if she transfers schools. Then she would be able to see my husband many times a week. If she starts making serious advances at him and someone finds out it could mess up his career.

This whole thing is bizarre. Why would an 18-year-old have a crush on a 50-year-old anyway?

He still Emails her frequently... WHY is that?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation