Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
(so am I, but don't say it above a whisper)

It will be tomorrow at the Sacramento Central SDA Church, which live-streams all their services on the web. The speaker will be Pastor Doug Batchelor of Amazing Facts, who is only my favorite preacher of all time.

We'll be singing two songs, but I think only the one from the church service will actually be broadcast.

Here is the full info:

Who: Us

What:
Sabbath School - He Died for Us (Neak & T&L sing, T&L plays)
Church - Where Is Your Treasure? (Neak sings, T&L plays)

When:
9:40 am PDST is when the web broadcast starts, but I think that's just the study lesson. Probably no music.
10:45 am PDST is the start of the church service. We're right after the children's story.

Where:
Sacrmento Central SDA Church
6045 Camellia Avenue
Sacramento, CA
~ or ~
Sacramento Central - scroll down for the link to the livestream, when it's time.

Why:
I've always wanted to apply to sing there, and Mom finally humored me. rotflmao

How:
Well, we're going to get up very early in the morning, curl our hair...

Oh. That might already be TMI. Let me know if I left out anything important.

Last edited by Neak; 04/25/09 12:48 AM. Reason: to correct Melody Lane's Arkansas math!

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Darn, I will be at our women's ministry meeting at that time. Can I watch it after the fact?

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
T
T
I'm only the pianist. The camera will be all on HER, the one with the hairbrained idea of a live performance in the first place. I prefer my stuff to be canned...:MrEEk:

tl

P
P
Just when everyone has HD TV.

A
A
I prefer my stuff to be canned... :MrEEk:

you know - so does my husband rotflmao

you both WILL be great, trust me I heard you, you both are very good and those twinkle fingers will fly just fly like. hurray

Liz hug

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

P
P
you know - so does my husband

So either you can't cook or you just don't want to.

Either way, I blame Oprah.

C
C
My daughter will be on WSMV's 10:00 news tonight.

hurray But, you others girls rock, too!!!!! hurray

M
M
8:45 am TEXAS TIME, people! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Aw Rella, I wish I could see it!

Texas Time < - - - The New Greenwich Mean Time

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hee hee Liz - I keep telling her that her finger will fly, too. She just frowns at me. laugh

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
I'm slow today...I was wondering who the heck T&L was? rotflmao

The "&" was throwing me off. crazy Brain fart!

I'll look for it. Very cool!

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
P
P
H & I will be driving north on Highway 5 about that time.

Sorry to miss the SPECTACULAR performances dance2

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
hug

Maybe I'll be able to youtube it for anyone who can't make it. (Unlike Raven. grin) I've always wanted to be on youtube...

lashes

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Well, I just finished ironing my shirt for tomorrow. It's orange, and as I was pressing it my mind drifted to the shot I saw earlier of another pianist at that church...and I realized that, if they shoot from the rear again, I'm going to look like a giant, graying school bus. faint However, it's what I've got and I'm going with it. At least I don't have any emergency flashers on my backside!! laugh Maybe they'll just take pictures of the flying digits. Or better yet, they can focus on Ms. Neak, the singer, and let that 15# of video flab be added to HER chin instead of mine.MrRollieEyes

Oh, and she composed the music and lyrics of the song she's singing, too...although any piano mistakes will be ENTIRELY of my own devising! blush Of course, if she forgets the words, I take no responsibility for THAT!uhuh

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Neaksis and I were actually joking about that only a few minutes ago. She said, "If you forget the words, just make something up!"

faint

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I am EAGERLY awaiting to see the celeb's so I can boast I know 2 youtube junkies rotflmao

I'll say a little prayer just for you two to do well.

Quote:
you know - so does my husband

So either you can't cook or you just don't want to.

Either way, I blame Oprah.

Sorry pio, I've confused, its probably an OZ related joke - can = beer laugh
Husband + can = beer think

And I can so like cook, sort of. Italian, Thai, Chinese, French, English roasts, I learnt it all at Uni.

yes its absolutely AMAZING what "Lean Cuisine" brings out these days in frozen dinners. stickout

A
A
Neaksis and I were actually joking about that only a few minutes ago. She said, "If you forget the words, just make something up!"

you just put your head in the air, look imperiously down at the critics and insist it was your own personal interpretation because its a 'individual' thing and just copying what everyone has done before is just not satisfying or challenging artistically to yourself stickout

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you, all prayers most welcome!

Heh heh, there are so many different meanings in different cultures for can, cans, canned, canning, etc.

(Pio will probably still blame Oprah.)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
it was your own personal interpretation because its a 'individual' thing and just copying what everyone has done before is just not satisfying or challenging artistically to yourself

And even if I just don't want to copy what only I have done before, well that is still just my newest personal interpretation. I am simply artistically challenging myself.

Ok, I think I've got it.

rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
M
Neak, if yore momma gives me the ole evil eye, I may have to shoot my pistola at the screen, so be prepared to DUCK, my friend!!! TEEF

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation