Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Everyone,

I think it's been over a year since I last posted and years since that very first post...Probably still some old timers around and this is tough queston but here goes...

Does a rose on a man's rear mean he's gay?

Don't laugh but after many dates with a guy, and really starting to fall for him, we have sex last night and I was surprised to see a rose on his butt. He said it was a night when he was drunk and he and his buddy got a tattoo. I think he knew the location and it being rose through me off, and he said something like, "It's more on the top part, my hip, and the rose was one of just a few I could afford.."

It is the first and only thing that bothers me so far about him. I just think, What guy would want a rose on his [censored], unless he's gay?

Maybe I am just way more closed minded and old fashioned than I thought.

Thanks for the help.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
~~Socrates

The secret to happiness is wanting what you already have. ~anonymous
C
C
Wow, that's funny.

No. That is like asking if a guy is gay because he wears a pink shirt.

J
J
I'm no macho man, but I think choosing a rose tatoo on my rear would be just slightly above a pink, dainty daisy. How was the sex?

B
B
A rose on his butt means that he is either very secure in his masculinity or GAY.

B
B
There's a country song about it by John Conlee.

I think it's called rose colored a$$es rotflmao

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
P
P
Dudes are supposed to like dogs, chicks, cats.

I have a cockatoo.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
Oh my... I haven't posted in forever Anna either but I was cracking up !!!! I don't think it means he is gay... I am gonna go with the bunch of drunken guys getting a tattoo and the rose being the only one he could afford.... I would think that if he was gay - that you would see other signs besides a Rose on his butt.... that is to funny.... did he at least warn you ahead of time???

Trying to Let myself find a life after four years of being divorced - Great at the mom thing.. Just not good at the "ME" thing....
S
S
Originally Posted by Pariah
I have a cockatoo.

Hmmm... I might be able to understand one. I mean, if it was college and you were in some experimental stage or something.

But two??? Definitely gay, IMO.

Wait, wut?

A
A
Hey Anna,

Long time no see... Anyway, I don't know about the rose on the cheek thing, seems weird to me, but I am not a tattoo guy anyway, so what do I know. Like someone else said, go by how the sex was (and hopefully how the rest of the relationship is), rather than by some tattoo.

How's the pig??

AGG

D
D
I dunno Anna, but I'm w/ believer and junigan on this one. Either he's REALLY secure or one click away from a daisy.

Yes, how was the sex and did he seemed embarrassed or defensive about the tat or did he laugh it off?

Does he know he can get something, er, else tatooed over it?? You know, now that he's not drunk? grin

Lastly, does his buddy have a matching one? :MrEEk: Ok, sorry, just trying to be funny blush

Seriously, me personally, it would be a turn off, but AGG's answer is alot more reasonable....

DW--BW....separated/divorced since 2003
Re-married 7/09!
D
dkd Offline
D
I don't think it means anything, but find it interesting that you discovered this gay characteristic while doing something rather non-gay.

Following the policy of radical honesty, can you just ask him about his prior relationships? Are there gaps in the history he's telling? Are the relationships more plutonic then passionate? What about friends, do they have gay characteristics.

I don't think asking him directly is a good idea, unless all else fails.

Me 38
Divorced 8/09
DS 10,6
DD 4
C
C
Originally Posted by Seabird
Originally Posted by Pariah
I have a cockatoo.

Hmmm... I might be able to understand one. I mean, if it was college and you were in some experimental stage or something.

But two??? Definitely gay, IMO.

Wait, wut?
Ha!

C
C
Maybe he had a girlfriend who begged him to do it, and now he's too embarrassed to tell you the truth.

S
S
The Seinfeld writers would have loved this one! Sorry Anna, I have no idea what it means but thanks for sharing.

A
A
I think it means that........one night he got drunk and decided to tattoo a rose on his butt and the next morning he woke up and said "what was I thinking?". Personally, it wouldn't bother me, especially since he isn't exactly acting gay.

3rd marriage to an awesome wonderful man since 2008.

3 children from first marriage, ages 16, 18, 20
I was thinking the same thing about the Seinfeld writers. Really could see that being an episode I missed.

C
C
Maybe he got it when an old girlfriend got hers...they were drunk and decided it sounded like a good idea at the time....maybe she was afraid to do it alone...maybe he did it on a dare.

Personally, I do not like tattoos. I know some fine people who have them but I do not like tattoos. They may look fine when your young and your skin is firm. But at 75, that rose is gonna look wilted.

P
P
hmmmmmmmm............maybe he was once a she

just a thought

me-59 ww-55
married 1979 - together since 1974
6 kids together 15,19,21,23,29,30
my oldest son 37
d-day (confession day) memorial day 2001
oc born 12/20/01
now 8 grandchildren
G
G
If he is a creative type (artist) then it would not be uncharacteristic of him to choose a rose.

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
L
L
Anna, my first time back in like two years and this is the first thread I read..... Thanks for the coffee all over the screen. All I can think of "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"....lol..... I am a tattoo guy with like 19 and ain't never heard of a rose meaning your gay, I do however teach my children when they are young that Daddy's farts smell like roses.....

Hugz, Thoughtz, & Prayerz

Bill
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation