Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38
B
B
Originally Posted by 3natalie3
Wow I hope everything is ok, I notice there hasn't been any postings. Hope everyone wasn't too hard on her

The boards are slow on weekends. People have other commitments - I wouldn't read too much into it.

I really hope MS is working on repairing the damage she has inflicted on her marriage and her faith instead of just mouthing the words.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
O
O
Of equal concern is her lying. She is a pathological liar. I don't know if she always was. I imagine that since she has always been an adulteress. She has always been a pathological. And unless she went through a polygraph test. There would be no way of convincing me that the first kiss she referenced was only a kiss. She falls into affairs like someone turns on a light switch.

D
D
Sparkly,

Our school district is closed this week, but if you need me, try the cellie.

I'll try to read on at least once a day.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Sparkly,

Our school district is closed this week, but if you need me, try the cellie.

I'll try to read on at least once a day.

Thank you...I appreciate it.

M
OP Offline
M
We have filled out our LB questionnaire for Jennifer and will be phone counseling with her at 6:00PST tonight.

My list of EP's will be posted soon.

Postnup will also be forthcoming.

I am willing to take a polygraph but cost is preventing us from being able to proceed with it. It's close to a grand and we just don't have the funds.

I openly confessed to several members of our church family (and the pastor's wife) of all of the lies that I had been withholding and came clean with everyone. To my surprise, I was hugged, loved and forgiven. They all know that I have a lot of work ahead of me, but they're there with me every step of the way. I'll be going to our church recovery group tonight right after we finish with Jennifer.

Spartan and I were very close this weekend. It's been years since I felt that connection and it felt so peaceful.

I know there are some members here who really dislike me and would rather that I leave.

But those of you who stand for marriage and want to see Spartan's and mine succeed, we thank you because that's what we're working for.

C
C
Sparkie, call around to some more polygraph examiners. I found one in a high cost of living area for $500. That's about normal. This is cheaper than divorce and you need to do this.

Chrysalis
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Sparkie, call around to some more polygraph examiners. I found one in a high cost of living area for $500. That's about normal. This is cheaper than divorce and you need to do this.

Thank you, Chrysalis.

Even that we don't have. The $195 we're spending for the phone counseling is putting us behind on bills. We'll do everything that we can afford to do.

S
S
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
I know there are some members here who really dislike me and would rather that I leave.

I don't dislike you and I don't want you to leave.

I do intensely dislike some of the things you have done, but I know people are capable of change, so I hope you too can change.

Me - BW
FWH - BB -(PA Jul 08 - Aug 08)
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

O
O
I don't think anybody hates you. You may feel that way because of the direct way we ask questions. People may not believe you, and mistrust you, because you don't answer a lot of their questions directly. But nobody hates you.

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you, both. I am here to earn my "F" for Spartan.

M
M

Ours was even less than this and we went with a VERY reputable polygrapher.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
MS, I don't think anyone even wants you to leave...we WELCOME those wayward spouse's who are actively and truthfully want to earn that "F".

Many may be angry with what you have done and how you have manipulated and lied to not only Spartan, but everyone on these boards.

But everyone here wants marriages to SUCCEED, and yours is one of them.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
MS, I don't think anyone even wants you to leave...we WELCOME those wayward spouse's who are actively and truthfully want to earn that "F".

Many may be angry with what you have done and how you have manipulated and lied to not only Spartan, but everyone on these boards.

But everyone here wants marriages to SUCCEED, and yours is one of them.

I whole heartedly agree that the deceit was deplorable and I am truly sorry to everyone for that. But now you've got the real me, and I know it will take time to build trust again.

Thank you MF.....that brought sweet tears to my eyes. That's been happening a lot lately.

J
J
Originally Posted by MarriedForever

Ours was even less than this and we went with a VERY reputable polygrapher.

Ours, also, was less than that, $400. And was also with a very reutable and experienced examinor.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
L
L
Spartan and I were very close this weekend. It's been years since I felt that connection and it felt so peaceful.
You know why, Sparkster? If it's at all like what I experienced, if you have indeed told the whole, complete truth, you felt close to Spartan because nothing was between you any more. You didn't have any fences of deceit up around you. You were able to let Spartan all the way in because there was nothing you needed to hide, and you were able to reach all the way out to Spartan because you have everything to gain.

It's a fantastic feeling, isn't it?

Remember that.

Prayers remain...

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
V
V
I am willing to take a polygraph but cost is preventing us from being able to proceed with it. It's close to a grand and we just don't have the funds.
I was told to shop around too, I did and I found one for half the cost.

It's spring, it's garage sale season.

Material things are not required for rebuilding M.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

You DO and you SURRENDER whatever it takes .....

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

M
OP Offline
M
Sparky's list of EP's.

1. All passwords for my work e-mail account, Yahoo account, High Flight Society MySpace account and voice mail will be shared with you.

2. My cell phone will be given to you or traded with you at any time you request it.

3. All texts, voice mails and e-mails will remain on my phone until you delete them.

4. Business lunches will be taken only when another female is present.

5. All bills will be shared with you.

6. Verizon bill will be completely open to you online so you may verify my call history and call any number at any time.

7. I will dress appropriately. Any clothing that you feel is too revealing will be donated to Goodwill.

8. All counseling (Godly or worldly) will be done with another female.

9. All doctor’s appointments will be make with a female physician. If one cannot be obtained, I will have you accompany me.

10. All grooming (hair and nails) will be done by a female.

11. I will save all receipts on the board in the kitchen for shopping trips that were made while you are not with me.

12. I will not participate in any bodybuilding competitions. Any physical fitness activities will be done together with you.

13. I will not engage in any flirtatious conversations with anyone other than you.

14. I will not share our personal life with anyone other than you.

15. I will not allow another man to accommodate my emotional, recreational or physical needs.

16. I will not allow another man to solicit relationship advice from me. I will refer him to Marriage Builders or a professional counselor.

17. I will not party with girlfriends unless you’re there.

18. All trips with girlfriends will be made with someone you know and have their cell number.

Last edited by MutedSparkle; 04/27/09 02:06 PM. Reason: Missed the word "not" in item 16.
C
C
Sparky's list of EP's.

1. All passwords for my work e-mail account, Yahoo account, High Flight Society MySpace account and voice mail will be shared with you.
Have you told him of each and every email and cell phone and social networking account? Are you willing to take a polygraph that includes that question?

2. My cell phone will be given to you or traded with you at any time you request it.

3. All texts, voice mails and e-mails will remain on my phone until you delete them.

4. Business lunches will be taken only when another female is present.

5. All bills will be shared with you.

6. Verizon bill will be completely open to you online so you may verify my call history and call any number at any time.

7. I will dress appropriately. Any clothing that you feel is too revealing will be donated to Goodwill.

8. All counseling (Godly or worldly) will be done with another female.

9. All doctor’s appointments will be make with a female physician. If one cannot be obtained, I will have you accompany me.

10. All grooming (hair and nails) will be done by a female.

11. I will save all receipts on the board in the kitchen for shopping trips that were made while you are not with me.

12. I will not participate in any bodybuilding competitions. Any physical fitness activities will be done together with you.

13. I will not engage in any flirtatious conversations with anyone other than you.I will not have any personal friendship with a person of the opposite sex except my spouse.

14. I will not share our personal life with anyone other than you.
15. I will not allow another man to accommodate my emotional, recreational or physical needs.

16. I will allow another man to solicit relationship advice from me. I will refer him to Marriage Builders or a professional counselor.

17. I will not party with girlfriends unless you’re there.

18. All trips with girlfriends will be made with someone you know and have their cell number.Partying and trips with girlfriends ought not to be done AT ALL. They are independent behavior and that undermines your marriage. Spend your time with Spartan, period.

Chrysalis
M
M
Sounds like a great list of EPs.

Now, are you ready and willing to actually employ it???

Words only mean so much...ACTIONS are needed now, MS.

<P.S. My FWH also had to give up IBs...it was hard for him at first. However, it's been a few years now and I don't believe he misses them...or at least not very much. We have filled in the gaps TOGETHER. We now weight lift TOGETHER. There is no time for him to mourn those things because what we do TOGETHER is so much more fulfilling. It CAN be done, MS.>

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

M
OP Offline
M
Have you told him of each and every email and cell phone and social networking account? Are you willing to take a polygraph that includes that question?

Already gave him all of this information. I do not do any social networking or instand messaging and he has the means to verify this.

13. I will not engage in any flirtatious conversations with anyone other than you.I will not have any personal friendship with a person of the opposite sex except my spouse.

Absolutely needs to be clearly stated.

18. All trips with girlfriends will be made with someone you know and have their cell number.Partying and trips with girlfriends ought not to be done AT ALL. They are independent behavior and that undermines your marriage. Spend your time with Spartan, period.

We both enjoy going out with our friends TOGETHER. I participate in women's church activities and if Spartan feels that this is unacceptable, it will cease.

Last edited by MutedSparkle; 04/27/09 02:13 PM.
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation