Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2255482 05/04/09 11:13 AM
S
OP Offline
S
donnakin,
You can put your story here. I started this for you. I am sorry to hear your pain but there is help here for you.

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
I have cut and pasted Donnakin's first post from another thread. She needs support:
"hi all i've been coming here since i found out about my h's A jan. 1st 2009. its been pure hell.i ended up losing my job,and so depressed i was suicidal and spent a week in the hospital.i was able to leave the hospital only if i got counseling and medication,which i did and h and i went to marriage counseling also.only to find out he lied the whole time we were in counseling,he was still texting the ow,he claims he hasn't seen the ow since i found out about the A but has texted her.I have tryed plan A I have told him if he still has any contact with her im leaving I have written her a letter asking her not to have any contact with him ( she was a friend of mine).last visit to marriage counselor I told him I don't want to be married any more because i found out he was still texting her. he stormed out of the counselors office and was very mad at me,so we talked and I'm still hanging in there ,that was a month ago. I still don't trust him and I feel like im getting into a deeper depression again.will i ever be able to trust him again? should I just move on? this is very hard on me since Ive been in love with him since I 1st saw him in 2nd grade almost 40 years ago.we have been married for 20 years and have 4 children 1 grandchild can anyone help me Im so tired of being depressed and not trusting anything any more I now question my whole life with him? and i feel like im going crazy"

Over it.
D
D
Thank you for your help this was my 1st time posting sorry if messed up someone elses page.

S
OP Offline
S
No problem. I could see that you needed some help getting started and was happy to help.

In response to your post, is your husband living at home? Do you think that he has ended the affair? How did the affair start? Who is the OW? Is she married too?

Over it.
D
D
he said the affair ended but was still texting her, the ow was my friend and she has a long time live in bf of 17 years we were all friends we would do things together as couple like going out to dinner etc.,yes he is still living at home , i don't feel the affair has ended. im sorry its hard to get clear thoughts together sorry if im hard to understand right now .

S
OP Offline
S
If he is still texting her, I am sorry to agree that the affair has not ended. I understand that this is hard. There are some things that you can do. I am only a few months into my own recovery but I can get you started. The other veterans will come to your aid soon. First order of business is to end the affair. The best way to do that is to make sure that the BF knows everything. Read the thread For Newly Betrayed Spouses in the Just Found Out Section. It has very good advice on what to do next. I know this is very painful. The betrayed spouses here has been where you are and it is truly horrible. You can get through this.

Over it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation