Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
NJ,

I'm not saying they are the same, but I didn't claim that women are defective (as you claimed about men). Are men and women the same, no they are different. Are men superior to women? Are women defective? I don't know and I'm not making claims about that. When I pick people for my rugby team I pick the biggest people. That is usually men but does include some tough women.

I certainly see a fair number of WW's on these boards, and I have met a ton of con-women while doing legal work. I meet alot of people in that environment and I have not noticed a strong moral difference between the sexes.

You actually claimed that women are more honest in response to a man whose WW has repeatedly lied to him in horrendous ways.

So the "sexist garbage" was about the claim that men are defective because they are not women and can't grow babies inside them. Seems kind of freudian to me but in reverse.

It is possible that we try to assess gender for more sexual reasons than some cultural bias. I usually try, but don't always succeed, to avoid prejudice based on the small number of people I have met. Humans (both sexes) are really really good at seeing examples that prove their prejudice and forgetting those that go against it. Read "The Black Swan" if you want a fairly boring discussion of the effect.

Just to be clear, I think that when one makes a claim like the one that women are essentially more honest than men. Then they have taken on the burden of convincing others. If I say, I don't know or don't believe the claim, then I should not have to provide data to refute a theory like that. I'm saying I have not seen this in my life, so it is hard to believe and it seems like a prejudice to me.

Last edited by 6yearsleft; 05/06/09 06:10 PM.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by newjersey
6YL,

Finding an opinion distasteful or impolite does not make it untrue.

NJ

Nor true but still...just an opinion.

NJ,

I completely agree with you on this, after all I am a devout atheist. Of course, that does not mean that all distasteful or impolite opinions ARE true, either.

Just saying be careful when you look to prove a bias, you will find it if you look for it. I've done a fair amount of statistical studies, and it is very, very difficult to remove bias. So I try to remove it from my own opinions, and it is difficult to do.

I still find myself thinking that women are shorter than men on average. smile

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
G
G
I still find myself thinking that women are shorter than men on average.

That's because you're 6' 4 laugh

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
G
G
6YL,

Well you are 6'4", which would give you more insight as to the state of baldness of the tops of mens heads, which might lead to a prejudice about the relative lack of baldness amongst women.

Supposedly male chimps and male humans are more similar than male humans and female humans, but I don't know by what methodology that was determined, or even if it was misreported.

Guess that might be the source of the joke about why men have brains bigger than dogs, so they won't hump womens legs at parties.

I do understand the frailty of most knowledge btw, and I like the quote all science is physics or it is stamp collecting.

I've also heard that many people are born when they are rather young.

NJ

Last edited by newjersey; 05/06/09 06:26 PM.
M
M
Again just my biased sample, but I've met a ratio of 100 con men to every 1 con woman, who knows perhaps it is me.

Based on my experience, there are just as much con-women as there are con-men - they're just better at it.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
S
S
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
Again just my biased sample, but I've met a ratio of 100 con men to every 1 con woman, who knows perhaps it is me.

Based on my experience, there are just as much con-women as there are con-men - they're just better at it.

based on my experience I agree. Women are more like cats, aloof. Men are more like dogs. We run to you and lick your face and come when called and do tricks...

Again, just my experience. Please, I know this is not a universal truth, just my experience so save the flames...

S
S
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
NJ,

I'm not saying they are the same, but I didn't claim that women are defective (as you claimed about men). Are men and women the same, no they are different. Are men superior to women? Are women defective? I don't know and I'm not making claims about that. When I pick people for my rugby team I pick the biggest people. That is usually men but does include some tough women.

I certainly see a fair number of WW's on these boards, and I have met a ton of con-women while doing legal work. I meet alot of people in that environment and I have not noticed a strong moral difference between the sexes.

You actually claimed that women are more honest in response to a man whose WW has repeatedly lied to him in horrendous ways.

So the "sexist garbage" was about the claim that men are defective because they are not women and can't grow babies inside them. Seems kind of freudian to me but in reverse.

It is possible that we try to assess gender for more sexual reasons than some cultural bias. I usually try, but don't always succeed, to avoid prejudice based on the small number of people I have met. Humans (both sexes) are really really good at seeing examples that prove their prejudice and forgetting those that go against it. Read "The Black Swan" if you want a fairly boring discussion of the effect.

Just to be clear, I think that when one makes a claim like the one that women are essentially more honest than men. Then they have taken on the burden of convincing others. If I say, I don't know or don't believe the claim, then I should not have to provide data to refute a theory like that. I'm saying I have not seen this in my life, so it is hard to believe and it seems like a prejudice to me.

I echo the above. My xWW told a MOUNTAIN of lies to me, our family, our friends, our MC, and on and on. She told lies that would have made it impossible for me to sleep at night or look myself in the mirror had they been mine...and then went right on manipulating, evading, scapegoating, blame-shifting, finger-pointing, rationalizing, and lying all the more even when caught red-handed. She would have choked her own mother had she stood in the way of her affair...and very nearly did to her father and my parents when they did so--the only thing that stopped her was physical distance.

Please don't tell me that "women are more naturally honest"....BS

xWW:
Secret LTA w/ thrice married OM at her workplace; EA/PA starts ~ 2005-6
Files & completes D - 2007, OM/OMW#3 D - 2007, Affairage - immediately thereafter
Disappears in 2006 w/o even a goodbye to anyone, Never a paragraph of real truth ever spoken
Me/xBH:
M "for life", Suspicions (denied) & desperate Plan A latter-half '06
1st D-day 1/07, full truth D-day 7/08 (all via 3rd parties)
NC w/ xWW 8/08-date, better off w/o unrepentant vileness, betrayal, & rampant deceit in my life anymore
B
B
Black Raven,

Not really sure, but I sometimes think it has something to do with the fact that men do not give birth and never have that life altering experience of producing new life. So to make up for that defect they achieve or are losers. If men could have babies perhaps no wars? or would they compete to have the biggest babies.

I do think something changes in most women when they become mothers but don't think that has anything to do with why men embellish stories. As 6yl said it's likely moreso for entertainment purposes.

No wars if men could have babies? No way. Have you seen the stupid stuff women fight about? LOL

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by SDCWman
Please don't tell me that "women are more naturally honest"....BS

I'm female and I think women are naturally more manipulative...one of the reasons I prefer to work with men.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
NJ,

Stats from the tall guy say that men are bald and women dye their hair. Oh and I don't know any women who are my height. My own statistical failing as a human brain is that I usually think of myself as the tallest man in any group, when I'm really only at 95 percentile.

Gabe

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
J
J
NJ,

But making up statistics definitely makes your statements untrue and surely not based on anything but bias on your part.

Women con men, men con women. You are a woman, hence you will meet more con MEN. DUH!!

That piece of "logic" is very bit as sound as your bias.

JL

G
G
Blackraven,
I'm with you that one - I prefer to work with men. I worked with 14 women in one department and it was awful.

Sorry mentioning your height - if it makes you feel any better - I'm 5' 3" and think I'm always the shortest one in the room. And being the average height of is 5' 7" then maybe I am the shortest one?? laugh Good thing for heels.

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
gg,

No worries on the height thing. I do identify with the tall thing, now if only I had nice dark brown hair instead my dirty blond curls, then I could have the tall dark and sort-of handsome thing going.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
K
K
Oops. That was meant for another forum.

Last edited by karmasrose; 05/07/09 06:44 PM.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation