Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 86 of 100 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 99 100
D
D
>not ONLY did I spurt it out my nose it went straight into my cup again YUCK!!!

EW! Coffee neti pot!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Blech!

And what is Ms. Dr. Liz up to? And do they use wi fi to hunt the 'ghosts'? dontknow

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I still don't know exactly what that is but its local bands and music people in an old building in the night life area of the city entertaining people. I'm afraid I was a bit distracted the last few days. :crosseyedcrazy:

it probably has something to do with ipods or wifi or those techy bits and pieces I suppose????????????? There are times were I can't keep up with that girl. whistle

she is 'apparently' .... that's an IN word these days for the older Gen Y people grin ... I can quote from the pub scene paper .... I learn lots about her in that MrRollieEyes
“I’m going to like try a little bit of random experimentation tomorrow and also use a few old faithfuls to back me up if it doesn’t work out like,” the bluesrocker said in her delightful Irish accent.

I bags NOT telling her Nan that her accent is "delightful".

Anyway the Dr thinks we all spake fon-nae smirk stickout

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
grin Y'all didn't know I was so multifaceted did you? MrRollieEyes

Actually, I'm thinking about getting some new flashers. :MrEEk: I wonder if The Diplomat will pose for the photos when he is here later this month? think ....for my dd's graduation from high school/secondary school.....That thing she graduates from before heading off to a university. sigh

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You have to be careful with flashers - they can leave streaks.

So today I finished what will hopefully be my last parental notification. Blech.

Can't remember if I said anything on here, since I've been so out of it from this and the surgery. Anyhoo, Tuesday of last week, the Dervish blurted out during therapy that his 8yo classmate had said he was having sex with a 7yo classmate.

The 8yo was a victim of my nephew 2 years ago, and his parents refused to believe anything had happened. So, whether anything happened now or not, that does cast things in a very different light than being able to assume it was just kids talking.

There are many things about the whole handling of this that have left me rather irritated, though too much to go into right now.

Last night I was finally able to tell the mother of the 7yo, as well as the mother of the other boy involved in this conversation (who has spent the night back and forth with Nephew's victim and thus is at a very high risk if anything has been occurring).

I tried to get to the parents of the victim/possible abuser today, but their car was in and out of the parking lot so fast I didn't have time to walk up to it. I hoped they hadn't already heard something from someone else, but that is what Mom and Neaksis immediately thought, too.

So then I had to email the info, far less than ideal for something so sensitive, but it's that or wait till Monday, which is the next time I even have a chance to see them.

Now everybody else feels awful, but I feel oddly better. It was so hard to see them for the last 1 1/2 weeks and not say anything while the school went through their process. Grrr.

Neaksis and I had a yard sale today. We met a whole bunch of people who hadn't been to one of our sales before. For supper, Neaksis had toast with peanut butter, applesauce, and cinnamon, rolls with butter and jam, and cinnamon rolls for dessert. laugh

We got rid of a few things, but so many more to go.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Hi Neak!!

Hope you are getting REST, I'm sure YOU didn't lug things out for the yard sale because THAT would probably not be your docs orders would it smirk

Sorry you have been dealing with some really emotional and stressful issues in regards to the possible abuse. That's not something I have had to get involved in. Thank God. But at least I know someone to ask now should that event ever happen.

Had some time last night at the old bank.
After the gig I shared 2 bottles of wine, and had some Manoush - bit like a pizza, and O 'd on the hummus dip with Lebanese bread, garlic potato and shish with rice.

All the food was brought to us by my dear dear brother like friend Mahoud - son of Dad and Mums friend who own the Lebanese restaurant - and his OMG stunning looking fiancée Nadine who was talking like a mile a moment while feeding him little tid bits which was so cute like. (made note to self on that move lol)

Nadine said I was far too skinny to have babies blush - ever wanted to change the subject? and had brought along a HUGE GI-NORMOUS box of Lebanese sweets, heaven. Ok shoot me I'm slow to pick up and I LUV Baklawa.
Baklawa with pistachio and cashew fillings, baked with butter and drenched in honey flavoured with rosewater, the best were the flower-shaped bokaj, squares of stuffed baked semolina called basma and the fried nut-stuffed kataifi rolls called burma. Oh yum - BURP - maybe JUST one more.

I waddled home about 10.00pm when Mum and Mikey strolled past - coincidence or what - MrRollieEyes with Mahouds mum Layla. WOW another 'coincidence' MrRollieEyes

Mahoud just looked at those three women and started laughing at me (the bast*** - I mean "MATE"). Aunty Layla 'just' happened to have a box of sweets to take home, ANOTHER coincidence I guess like? MrRollieEyes

I slept in to 11.00am, or it may have been Noon - something like that sort of.

where is that box? think

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I'm sure YOU didn't lug things out for the yard sale because THAT would probably not be your docs orders would it

blush Um, how could you even THINK such a thing??? faint

Baklawa (usually spelled baklava here) is so yummy! It is pretty fattening, too. I am wondering if you should save it till your hubby comes marching home again, hurrah, hurrah... grin

If you ever do have any questions about underage sex, please feel free to ask me. I will gladly answer without batting an eye. Just answering questions is easy! (Telling your friends that their 7yo's may have been having OS...not so easy.)

At the yard sa at Neaksis' house yesterday, she was sure having problems with her children. It must have been frustrating at times, but she handled it so beautifully it was still funny. My nephi-poo was going bonkers most of the day and finally got sent to bed early. Whereupon he started screeching, "NOOOOOO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I WON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sounds like a bad war slogan. Then muttering, "Prob'ly aren't gonna feed me anyway." The last I heard, he was about to get a nice long walk, since he was still too weak to go to his room.

My niecie-poo, manning the bake sale booth, around a lot of baked goods that day, had blanket permission to eat as many things as she wanted. (Presumably since she would have stolen like crazy anyway, and by giving permission took the fun out of it.) She kept wearing a pair of pants that had grown much too small. Neaksis kept telling her and telling her to go change. Always she would reappear in the same jeans. Finally, Neaksis said sternly, "If you want to take a nap, you can let me know by letting me see you in those jeans EVEN ONE MORE TIME!"

Niecie-poo showed up meekly wearing a pair of her own jeans a few minutes later. An hour or two passed before clever Neaksis, with her X-ray vision, discovered that the offending jeans were still in use, under the other pair. :crosseyedcrazy:

Just think, Neaksis gets to have barrels of monkeys worth of fun like this every day of the week!

I'd better go check on GP. He was mighty confused this morning to be told to get ready for church - but not in church clothes. I could almost see the smoke rising off his head. Hard to say what he might be doing now.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
I was reading a mission story to the kids last night. It was set in Borneo, and the chief had earrings that stretched his earlobes down to his shoulders. The kids thought that was gross, so I Googled some of the other customs around the world that were even stranger so they could see pictures. I chose foot binding, Ubangi lips, and the Burmese neck rings. In the process of looking at foot binding, I found that they had some really interesting pictures. I'd never seen the feet unbound, and really don't remember seeing the shoes so plainly either. It had just been a theoretical concept, and the documentation was something else. They went to bed very glad to be Americans! laugh My having the kids would ALSO explain why, in addition to my sudden interest in foot binding, Neak is able to be up and posting at this time of the morning...instead of her usual job of trying to herd cats!!MrRollieEyes

tl

Chinese footbinding

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Oh, and as I reflect on it, I didn't really lift heavy stuff yesterday. Lots of little things. They said at the hospital that I wasn't on any lifting restrictions, but I have been so pathetically weak, lol, I have been my own restriction.

Neaksis did most of the setup Thurs nite while Mom and I took her kids up to the church and I talked to the poor parents. Yesterday I mostly sat around fanning myself and saying, "I am so tired!", Oh, and getting up when we had a customer to collect their money. grin (That was my favorite part.)

The whole waiting a week and a half to tell those parents was taking a serious toll on my system. Yesterday I was still tired from it, plus having one more notification to do. Today I feel the strongest and best I have since the surgery. I feel like I will recover much more quickly now.

And any time I might get tempted to think I'm fine, I have a steady bit of spotting to remind me otherwise. As long as it's there, I know something still needs to heal.

I don't want you to have to worry about me, oh dearest of singing doctors. I am officially on the mend, and will be very careful to see that I stay that way.

Oh, and GP was still in bed. Apparently the strain was too much for him.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
herding cats

rotflmao I am in a feline-free zone this morning.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
I don't want you to have to worry about me, oh dearest of singing doctors. I am officially on the mend, and will be very careful to see that I stay that way.

Methinks I have heard the echo of that cry from one not here. Merry, have we already heard this tune? When was it played last? Hmm. Oh, I remember. Tis upon the sounding alarm of the Order of St John as they carried him from the field for was he not on the mend? think Yea mightily did he quotetithe the verily same prose flirt while yet was unmanned by the ill humours of the body and on his face did he lieith. crazy

rotflmao its 2.55am I'm drinking whiskey with my coffee and reading Shakespeare's Henry V :crosseyedcrazy: well a man-less girl has to do something to fill the night right?

And gentlemen in - well OTHER places - now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, well he better be. uhuh

so Neak DO take care you know the better you feel the more you do and - WHAM - you get sick again.

Mrs S make sure she sleeps and eats - just ground her lol stickout

I think I'm going to bed but I'm not sure where it is , cuse me, sleep

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
stickout Madame Glummery rotflmao

If you're reading Shakespeare, I'm surprised you aren't picking out tombstones for me.

I still remember the first time I saw anything of Shakespeare's on TV. Never before had I understood why they were "tragedies", until EVERYONE CROAKED!

Still, I'll be a good girl. Thanks to Mom and Neaksis, I got a nice nap today.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
no tombstones, Lara Croft nicked it to pay for the wake rotflmao

what about romance??? -
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;

oh yes, the endings, well I always thought those two were losers grin

but do noo be a about a bit cat herdin awhiles. OR ELSE :twobyfour:

rotflmao

D
D
Good mornin' shoppers!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
cool

Hi!

think

Does this post make me look fat?

D
D
Nah...

It does bring out a sparkle in your eyes, though.

grin

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
Well, does it make me look old? Are you sure that sparkle in my eyes isn't glare from my hair? doh2

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Or just a glare. rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
No, you were thinking of me. Glarewise, I mean! rant2

tl

C
C
My modem died....the choice was order one for $40 from ATT and wait for it to arrive....or go to Best Buy and get one for $60 but not have to wait. I've been internet-less since Thursday - except for work.

Page 86 of 100 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation