Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
"God could not be everywhere
and therefore he made mothers."
~Jewish proverb~

"Of all the rights of women,
the greatest is to be a mother."
~By Lin Yutang~

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss
at the bottom of which you will always
find forgiveness."
~By Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)~

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
~By Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)~

"Youth fades; love droops,
the leaves of friendship fall;
A mother's secret hope outlives them all."
~By Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)~

"The joys of motherhood
are never fully experienced
until the children are in bed."
~~Author Unknown.~~

B
B
And I'm in Sacramento for the next two weeks for work. frown

This would have been my first Mother's Day with my mom in 15 years, and is the first one I've ever missed with my wife.

*grumble*

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
S
S
Happy Mother's day! I love my kids! (I have great kids!).

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/07/09 06:55 PM.

Over it.
G
G
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's!

Mothers aren't mothers right away,
Of course. They need some time to undergo
The long and well-wrought windings of the way,
However steep, that choice and fate bestow.
Even with the passion to endure,
Reminded of sweet memories to come,
'Tis time's brutal way to be unsure,
Severing the addends from the sum.
Do, then, make your way into the void
Afoot with expectation unalloyed,
Yearning yet to be what you've become.

http://poemsforfree.com/mothe6.html

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
S
S
Hi MS,

I've lurked on your other thread for awhile.

I think it is so great that you have decided to start a new thread to shout out to all the MOM's out there for Mother's Day! What a neat idea!

I am so glad that things are apparently going so well between you and Spartan that you have the time to give a shout out to all the Moms. Is he going to post here too with his new ideas?

Awesome...

Last edited by sickwithworry; 05/07/09 07:43 PM.
S
S
Oh Sick,

I think it is so terrible that you cannot enjoy a wonderful holiday like mother's day. I was just trying to bring a little happiness and joy to others, i even put in a few Bible verses, didn't you notice.

You are so sad SWW, I will pray for you...

M
M
Originally Posted by sickwithworry
Oh Sick,

I think it is so terrible that you cannot enjoy a wonderful holiday like mother's day. I was just trying to bring a little happiness and joy to others, i even put in a few Bible verses, didn't you notice.

You are so sad SWW, I will pray for you...

HUH??? confused

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Sorry,

Perhaps being a bit........sarcastic?

M
M
Sorry,

Perhaps being a bit........sarcastic?

Okay...gotcha...I think...Just went over my blonde head...laugh

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Sorry again,

it was sarcastic in that I thought it strange that a WW like MS that had let her thread go to page 3, had tortured her BH beyond belief to the shock, horror and delusion of many on this board and was posting a "shout out" to the "Moms" complete with pithy sayings and all...

Maybe I've had a bad day...

S
S
Hey I'm blonde too for the most part...wish i could get that barber to just cut the gray bits.

M
M
I understand SWW, and I'm sorry that you're having a bad day... frown

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Hey I'm blonde too for the most part...wish i could get that barber to just cut the gray bits.

HA!!! grin I hear ya! Hi-lights are your friend! wink

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
I understand SWW, and I'm sorry that you're having a bad day... frown

Mrs. W

Thanks,

Yeah i m not usually this caustic. Something about MS starting this thread really ticked me off and I just felt the need to say it.

Anyway, T/J, sorry Muted Sparkle, continue please. (Hey where's that cute winking smiley when i need it?)

SWW

Last edited by sickwithworry; 05/07/09 08:51 PM.
L
L
Wow,

I am blonde and I think its nice that someone wants to wish mothers a happy day, especially since its going to be a major trigger day for me. Thank you MS for this, I apprieciate it.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
L
L
...sorry Muted Sparkle...
Really? The last several posts (sans Lil's) don't come across that way.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
L
L
When my son was not quite one-month old, our pastor read this during the Mother's Day service. It's been 8 years since then and it still gets to me.

-------------

We are sitting at lunch when my daughter casually mentions that she and her husband are thinking of “starting a family”.

“We’re taking a survey,” she says, half-joking. “Do you think I should have a baby?”

“It will change your life,” I say, carefully keeping my tone neutral.

“I know,” she says, “no more sleeping in on weekends, no more spontaneous vacations…”

But that is not what I meant at all. I look at my daughter, trying to decide what to tell her. I want her to know what she will never learn in childbirth classes. I want to tell her that the physical wounds of child bearing will heal, but that becoming a mother will leave her with an emotional wound so raw that she will forever be vulnerable.

I consider warning her that she will never again read a newspaper without asking, “What if that had been MY child?” That every plane crash, every house fire will haunt her. That when she sees pictures of starving children, she will wonder if anything could be worse than watching your child die. I look at her carefully manicured nails and stylish suit and think that no matter how sophisticated she is, becoming a mother will reduce her to the primitive level of a bear protecting her cub. That an urgent call of “Mom!” will cause her to drop a soufflé or her best crystal without a moment’s hesitation.

I feel I should warn her that no matter how many years she has invested in her career, she will be professionally derailed by motherhood. She might arrange for childcare but one day she will be going into an important business meeting and she will think of her baby’s sweet smell. She will have to use every ounce of her discipline to keep from running home, just to make sure her baby is all right.

I want my daughter to know that everyday decisions will no longer be routine. That a five-year-old boy’s desire to go to the men’s room rather than the women’s at McDonald’s will become a major dilemma. That right there, in the midst of clattering trays and screaming children, issues of independence and gender identity will be weighed against the prospect that a stranger may be lurking in that restroom, waiting to harm her boy. However decisive she may be at the office, she will second-guess herself constantly as a mother.

Looking at my attractive daughter, I want to assure her that eventually she will shed the pounds of pregnancy, but she will never feel the same about herself. That her life, now so important, will be of less value to her once she has a child. That she would give it up in a moment to save her offspring, but will also begin to hope for more years – not to accomplish her own dreams, but to watch her child accomplish theirs. I want her to know that a cesarean scar or shiny stretch marks will become badges of honor.

My daughter’s relationship with her husband will change, but not in the way she thinks. I wish she could understand how much more you can love a man who is careful to powder the baby or who never hesitates to play with his child. I think she should know that she will fall in love with him again for the reasons she would now find unromantic.

I wish my daughter could sense the bond she will feel with women throughout history who have tried to stop war, prejudice, and drunk driving. I hope she will understand why I can think rationally about most issues, but become temporarily insane when I discuss the threat of nuclear war to my children’s future.

I want to describe to my daughter the exhilaration of seeing your child learn to ride a bike. I want to capture for her the belly laugh of a baby who is touching the soft fur of a dog or cat for the first time. I want her to taste the joy that is so real it actually hurts.

My daughter’s quizzical look makes me realize that tears have formed in my eyes. “You’ll never regret it,” I finally say.

Then I reach across the table, squeeze my daughter’s hand and offer a silent prayer for her, and for me, and for all the mere mortal women who stumble their way into this most wonderful of callings. This blessed gift from God. That of being a mother.

-Author Unknown

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
V
V
This brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, L4.

Thank you, MS, for starting this. All of us could use all the happy wishes that anyone wants to send.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
A
A
Must be having the same bad day as SWW. MS starting this particular thread ticked me off as well. Maybe because she is directing energy at us instead of her H.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
C
C
Originally Posted by armymama
Must be having the same bad day as SWW. MS starting this particular thread ticked me off as well. Maybe because she is directing energy at us instead of her H.

AM

That is her MO...and quite possibly the reason for all the multiple affairs.

Even her name sends a message...at least it sends one to me.

But, I could be wrong...I was once....maybe. think

committed

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation