Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
P
P
If I get any more attractive I'll be fighting 20-year-olds off with a stick
kidding

D
D
I have to comment on this thread. During my fwxw A, she constantly gained weight. Yet, I was the one going to the gym, working out, playing sports, taking care of my looks. I mean WTF??! It was like Bizarro world in my sitch. Bad enough I was the young pool boy and he was the old "whatever". Does this happen? The betrayed is the one keeping up w/ their appearance more so than the wayward. I'll tell you this, it minimized any blow to the self-esteem. Had I looked like crap, I might have been depressed..DUDE

B
B
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
And as for you with naturally curly thick hair - I HATE YOU!!!

Trust me...it can be a nightmare. Whenever I get my hair cut, women who pass by say how they love my curls and they hate their straight hair...I'd trade in a minute.

My hair is thick, coarse, and wavy so if it is humid or rainy at all my goodness i call it my hair helmet.

Water is not our friend LOL. Since moving to a more humid climate I have expanded my collection of baseball caps.

Dove and Sauve won't do it. The best I've found so far is the Redken products that Verve mentioned. The Intense Renewal moisturizing mask works well but I'm still looking for some industrial strength products that are humid proof not just resistant.

I almost tried that Japanese straightening process but it seemed a bit extreme and I don't want my hair falling out because the stylist messes up and it's expensive.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
BlackR,
I had Japanese straightening and my hair did fall out. Thank God I have a lot of hair so it wasn't noticeable. I also love the Redkin products and my new "Instyler" iron better than the flat iron.

Dude,
You're wrong - it's not always BS working on looks. My FWH is the one that went to gym and while working on him he also decided to start living single life and forget he had wife and kids. WSs don't care about BS - they are selfish and only think about their needs.

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
B
B
Originally Posted by gg615
BlackR,
I had Japanese straightening and my hair did fall out. Thank God I have a lot of hair so it wasn't noticeable. I also love the Redkin products and my new "Instyler" iron better than the flat iron.

TEEF Glad I didn't. I did get a Brazilian Keratin Treatment once and loved the results but it only lasted maybe 6 weeks and I didn't like the way my hair felt afterwards. Not as invasive as the Japanese straigthening but it was still time consuming and expensive. There was only one reputable stylist within 200 miles of my house too. crazy

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
G
G
Takes me forever to find a good stylist. I'm not to far from New York City - I could go and spend a fortune but I keep searching closer to home!!

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
B
B
Dude my H has always worked out and been active. If anything it pisses me off that when he was at his best in the last few years it was during his time with skankho. He's back to wanting to look better and working on himself in that area for me and for him but it still ticks me off.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

G
G
BR,
I'm the one that looks good now and my FWH is a little nervous about someone stealing me away. I have to admit I like the attention from other men but I would never be a WW. I would D first.

GG

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
B
B
I know the feeling gg - my H is more sensitive to any male attention I get now. He might joke about it at first but if I don't dismiss it, he starts to think hmmmmmm and tells me he loves me a million times. grin I don't think I look much different now then pre-A but I do make more effort to take time for myself now.

Last edited by black_raven; 05/06/09 07:19 PM. Reason: typo

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

G
G
Don't you love all that extra attention and at the same time feel sick to your stomach that they think you would be like them and stoop as low (having an A)? It irks me when I see my FWH give me a look of suspicion for something stupid like me smiling for nothing.

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
H
H
Ready for this -- a real 180 for me....I signed up for an 8 week pole dancing class. And it's a friendly class -- with my two sisters, sister-in-law, and friends.

I was pretty much forced to commit and now I'm looking forward to it. Except...I had to sign a liability form. Hummmmmm.....

Oh, well...since WH is busy with Skankyho and since the D is in process, I might as well get ready for life down the road.

I wonder how much it costs to get a pole installed in my bedroom........

V
V
LOL. Good job, Holyheart! Pole dancing sounds like fun. They have some classes where I am and I've thought about looking into it, but I always forget about it during their open hours.

Tell me how it goes! smile

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
B
Lord, it's every parent's nightmare to think of their daughter swinging around a pole. laugh

Good for you! I've heard many women like it for the strength building side of it..kind of like pilates. Plus confidence building sounds like a +++.

A liabilty form? LMAO Don't hurt yourself HH.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

H
H
Yeah -- my poor parents! Especially since it's not only me, but my two sisters and my sister-in-law. And we're not spring chickens -- 45, 46, 48 and 50.

Now if we can only get mom to join us.....Happy Mother's Day!

Maybe we can audition for the "[censored] Cat Dolls in Menopause."

H
H
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
I have tried getting my hair thinned out but then the little pieces stick out every where.

My hair is thick, coarse, and wavy so if it is humid or rainy at all my goodness i call it my hair helmet.

My ODD uses the frizz-ease serum and it works well for her but not so much for me.

I'm the same way. It flys everywhere. Although the shampoos & conditioners are great, the Frizz-ease serum never worked for me. One thing that does work, better than anything else I've ever found is Kloran Conditioning Balm with Mango. Doesn't make it heavy or greasy just smoooooth. My DD said "I've always wondered why people on tv didn't have fly aways like me. This must be it" It really is amazing.

S
OP Offline
S
For hair products, I love the Kevin Murphy products. A little goes a long way which is good because they are expensive. They smell really good. I get compliments on the smell all the time. I have thick wavy hair that frizzes and they work well without weighing it down. I like their Motion Lotion for days that I don't want to blow dry.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/07/09 07:53 AM.

Over it.
V
V
My hair is very thick and heavy, but very, very fine, like baby hair. It's hard to get it to do anything. I have to spray, tease, back comb, spray some more, curl, it's really annoying. So, I just a have a simple, layered, choppy cut with the deep side part bangs. I run a straightening iron through it to make sure it's perfectly straight and I'm done. It's nice.

But, my point was, before I got this haircut, I struggled with my hair because I wanted big, bouncy, wavy, 80's supermodel (Texan wink ) hair. Yeah, with my hair type, that ain't happenin'. However, I did find that if I use Big Sexy Hair thickening spray, my hair is much bigger. This stuff is a godsend! It doesn't look good when I use it with my new haircut, but if I wanted big bouncy hair, it helped me get as close as possible.

Anyone else tried it?

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
S
OP Offline
S
Who exercised today? I walked my dog for 40 minutes. My dog got tired and I had to stop. She ran with my husband yesterday and tired too quickly. We are on vacation so I am glad that I got some exercise.

Over it.
V
V
I exercised by staggering up and down the stairs and carrying the baby around all day (we are both really sick). I'm ready to get back to 10-Minute Trainer. I feel less like I'm going to hack up a lung when I'm done. laugh

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
F
F
20 minutes on the Wii Fit this morning. That was my 30th straight day of working out. I may only be down 17 lbs but my pants are hanging on me and today I put on a shirt I couldn't even button before!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation