Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
OP Offline
S
Bare Legs

I don't wear stockings because I feel that they age you. Plus my husband hates them. He loves my legs. I try to keep some color on them because I am very fair and my husband always compliments them when I have a little sunless tanner or natural color on them. There are two products that I have that I use when I want to look a little extra special. I like the Sally Hansen Air Brush Legs. It is great for covering spider veins, bug bites, nicks or bruises. For a little evenning shimmer I like the Michael Kors Leg Shine/Shimmer. It smells great and gives my legs a glossy shimmer. It makes them look more toned for a special evenning out.

Over it.
B
B
The really good nail cream *hoof cream actually* is called

HEALTHY HOOF

Look it up on Google. It is sold on Amazon, etc.

Last edited by Bubbles4U; 05/08/09 09:52 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
What is this "horse's hoof" stuff and where do you get it? I have awful nails...they chip and split all over the place. But ever since I got my new wedding ring last year, I've often thought that it would look so much nicer on hands that had decent-looking nails.

I need something easy though, I am pretty low maintenace and don't want to spend a lot of time on my nails.
I use Mane 'N Tail Hoofmaker. I use it like a hand cream at bedtime, applying a healthy dose on my nails and cuticles to soak in overnight. Or while I'm working at my desk (I work from home), I'll apply some. It's available in tack shops, some drugstores, and online.

I'm sure Bubbles4U's Healthy Hoof product works at least as well and is just as easy to use.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
M
M
My H loves great smelling hair. I have really thick hair that tends to get frizzy, especially in FL humidity! I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced serum to help with both. I want something with a fairly strong smell so my H will really notice it. Any suggestions?

S
OP Offline
S
The best smelling stuff that I have ever come across is the Kevin Murphy line of hair care. It is expensive though. You don't have to use as much though so it lasts longer.

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
Okay ladies,
It is a new week. I ran about 1/3 to 1/2 (walked the rest) of the 5k this weekend with my hubby and liked the way it tightened up my legs and rear. I am getting ready to run/walk my dog for my morning exercise and training for next Saturday's race. I want to gradually get to the point that I am running the whole way. After my exercise, I have to get cleaned up and pretty for my lunch date with hubby. Going to the gym with him after work. What are the rest of you lovely ladies doing today to take care of yourselves?

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/11/09 08:52 AM.

Over it.
M
M
What are the rest of you lovely ladies doing today to take care of yourselves?

Going to the gym, then home for a bubble bath!

Re: "Healthy Hoof" and the "Mane and Tail" stuff...if it isn't too much trouble, could someone post the ingredients of these items if you have the bottle?

I have to be extremely careful of topical ingredients that I use due to some medication I am on...certain ingredients make my meds completely ineffective, and I can't find the ingredients list online.

Thank you to whomever is kind enough to do this!!!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
J
J
Hi everyone!

I was just lurking a bit and thought I'd share with you. This is a link to my blog where I have my before and after shots. http://thenewjennifer.blogspot.com/

After finding MB and listening to all your great advice, I made some major changes in my appearance. (dh had long distance affair 1/07 - 5/07).

My photos will show you the improvements I made to my body. But they don't show you the improvements I made to my self-esteem. I started taking time to work on my appearance AND taking time to pamper myself. That is soooo important! I was never the type to go to a salon or buy expensive clothes or anything. But you don't have to be! Just remembering to take time to relax and do things for yourself really boosts your self-confidence.

My other saving grace during that stressful time was YOGA! I started practicing yoga by using video tapes and recording shows on our local stations. It gave me exercise and also reduced my stress levels greatly. When things got crazy with dh and I felt like I couldn't take anymore, I went into my own little yoga meditation world. Not only did it refresh me, but it also helped to calm me down and make me think more clearly. I highly recommend trying it. You don't need a lot of fancy equiptment or expensive gear. You can also find free videos online - yogajournal.com and hulu.com

Also - as a did more yoga and strengthened my body, my body size decreased a lot because I was toning. There were many months where I didn't lose ANY weight, but was dropping pants sizes like you wouldn't believe! Eventually I started running also, and it felt so good! In the before shots, I couldn't walk up the stairs without being out of breath.

So here we are 2 years since the after shots. I've gained back about 10 lbs. Not too bad, but I know I have some work to do and I've started running again now that the weather is getting warmer.

I guess my point here is this: I did this for myself. I wanted to look good. I needed to feel good. And I did it. I didn't do it for my husband. I did it for me. Because I deserved it. But guess what? It also made him more attracted to me. It made him see me as a physically and emotionally healthy person. And it's always nice when you go out somewhere with your spouse and they see other men looking at you! wink

Last edited by journey4justice; 05/11/09 09:56 AM.
J
J
BTW, in all of the photos I am wearing the exact same glasses! That just shows you the difference in the size of my face!

F
F
J4J--WOW--just WOW!!! clap Thanks for sharing--very inspiring!! dance2

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
L
L
Re: "Healthy Hoof" and the "Mane and Tail" stuff...if it isn't too much trouble, could someone post the ingredients of these items if you have the bottle?
Ingredients in Mane 'N Tail Hoofmaker:

Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Distearydimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-150 Stearate, Steareth 20, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Coconut Oil, Sodium Shloride, Vegetable Oil, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, Pet-25 Castor Oil, Allantoin, Isopropyl Alcohol, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
M
M
Originally Posted by Looking4
Ingredients in Mane 'N Tail Hoofmaker:

Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Distearydimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-150 Stearate, Steareth 20, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Coconut Oil, Sodium Shloride, Vegetable Oil, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, Pet-25 Castor Oil, Allantoin, Isopropyl Alcohol, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6.

Well dangitall...I can't use this. Thanks so much for doing this anyways!

Anyone have the Healthy Hoof bottle and is willing to post the ingredients?

J4J...holy cow girl, those are some amazing changes. D*mn good job!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

F
F
Wow, J4J!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by journey4justice
Hi everyone!

I was just lurking a bit and thought I'd share with you. This is a link to my blog where I have my before and after shots. http://thenewjennifer.blogspot.com/

After finding MB and listening to all your great advice, I made some major changes in my appearance. (dh had long distance affair 1/07 - 5/07).

My photos will show you the improvements I made to my body. But they don't show you the improvements I made to my self-esteem. I started taking time to work on my appearance AND taking time to pamper myself. That is soooo important! I was never the type to go to a salon or buy expensive clothes or anything. But you don't have to be! Just remembering to take time to relax and do things for yourself really boosts your self-confidence.

My other saving grace during that stressful time was YOGA! I started practicing yoga by using video tapes and recording shows on our local stations. It gave me exercise and also reduced my stress levels greatly. When things got crazy with dh and I felt like I couldn't take anymore, I went into my own little yoga meditation world. Not only did it refresh me, but it also helped to calm me down and make me think more clearly. I highly recommend trying it. You don't need a lot of fancy equiptment or expensive gear. You can also find free videos online - yogajournal.com and hulu.com

Also - as a did more yoga and strengthened my body, my body size decreased a lot because I was toning. There were many months where I didn't lose ANY weight, but was dropping pants sizes like you wouldn't believe! Eventually I started running also, and it felt so good! In the before shots, I couldn't walk up the stairs without being out of breath.

So here we are 2 years since the after shots. I've gained back about 10 lbs. Not too bad, but I know I have some work to do and I've started running again now that the weather is getting warmer.

I guess my point here is this: I did this for myself. I wanted to look good. I needed to feel good. And I did it. I didn't do it for my husband. I did it for me. Because I deserved it. But guess what? It also made him more attracted to me. It made him see me as a physically and emotionally healthy person. And it's always nice when you go out somewhere with your spouse and they see other men looking at you! wink
Wow!!! hurray hurray hurray

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by quietstorm15
This is a really great, positive thread. You guys are doing so good!
I love that this thread has been so welcome and helpful here! Lots of good information and inspiration.

Originally Posted by quietstorm15
It's made me realize that I should be paying more attention to my PA too. Only problem for me is that FWH finds me really attractive already. He's a health nut and cooks all of our meals, so I don't really have much of a change in eating habits to work on. We both work out together daily. I've never been frumpy and am always stylish with clothes and makeup. Yet, I don't get that tongue wagging response from him. And it doesn't phase him when other men (and occasionally women) find me attractive. It's always, "of course I think you look good. you always look good". Any suggestions for how to step it up a notch?

I used to get the same response when my husband was accustomed to me looking a certain way all the time. I noticed that I would get a special compliment when I changed it up a bit. For example, when he saw me in office clothes all the time, he would notice me more in casual clothes. When I wasn't working and he got used to seeing me in casual clothes, he would pay attention when I dressed up more. Can you try changing up your hair or makeup or maybe try some different styles of clothing? I think guys notice more when something is different.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/11/09 10:56 AM.

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
How are we doing today? I met my husband for lunch and had a grilled chicken salad and compliments from my hubby. My husband told me to buy myself something pretty yesterday so I went clothes shopping today and picked up a new pair of knee length capri jeans and a cute aqua colored t-shirt with a flattering cut. I got some cool turqoise drop earrings to complete the outfit. This outfit will be great for our casual outings. I have dropped three sizes since this started. I didn't walk my dog today because there is a thunderstorm here today. Tomorrow I'll touch up the roots.

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
Good morning ladies! Its a new day and new chance to make ourselves look great. I had a breakfast burrito this morning and black coffee for breakfast (eggbeaters, low-carb tortilla, low-fat cheese, onion, and salsa = 330 calories). My plan for exercise is to run/walk my dog and go to the gym with hubby after work.

Did anybody watch the Biggest Loser last night? The winner was the 48 year old woman! Her husband kept whistling at her from the audience. She lost 140 pounds and people are giving her terrible feedback at the website because she sent her daughter home in the contest- even though her daughter volunteered to go home so her mom could stay. Some were saying that because mom already had a husband and children she should sacrifice for her daughter.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/13/09 04:53 AM.

Over it.
B
B
I did watch Biggest Loser - isn't it exciting how these people have turned their lives around? They don't look at all like they did when they started - even in their facial features - and imagine what their self esteem must be like!

I used to wear my hear VERY short and spikey. It looked really good on me but, let's face it, out in the dating world where now find myself, most guys like women's hair longer....so I'm growing mine out - and its at THAT stage. VERY bad hair day today!!!!

M
M
I'm going to take our youngest DD out for a walk (she'll bike) on the nice trail behind our house; then to the gym this afternoon to lift.

DH is in a photography school and his last assignment is to take "special" (ahem) pictures of a human subject. He has asked me to model and I am mortified, but honored (maybe???) that he has asked me to do this. He is so excited he can hardly contain himself!

So I've been on Atkins Induction for 2 weeks now and will keep that up. I feel so much better without all those carbs bogging me down anyways. Plus bathing suit season is just around the corner, and I'm happy to be trimming out for it!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

S
OP Offline
S
I'm going to take our youngest DD out for a walk (she'll bike) on the nice trail behind our house; then to the gym this afternoon to lift.

DH is in a photography school and his last assignment is to take "special" (ahem) pictures of a human subject. He has asked me to model and I am mortified, but honored (maybe???) that he has asked me to do this. He is so excited he can hardly contain himself!

So I've been on Atkins Induction for 2 weeks now and will keep that up. I feel so much better without all those carbs bogging me down anyways. Plus bathing suit season is just around the corner, and I'm happy to be trimming out for it!
You are a brave soul! Do you think those teachers keep a catalog of all the special pictures? What's up with that? I had my husband take some special pictures of me (without my face) and I have sent them to him at random times in text messages. He loves them.

Over it.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 579 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation