Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jt Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I want to WHAMP him up the side of the head, good thing he's not right here.<P>We had a wonderful night, then he left, he never came home, he just called and said he "lost the car" last night. Between bars.<P>I don't believe it for a second. <P>The car's "found" now, like an idiot I asked him where he spent the night and he said he didn't sleep, he is a liar I know it.<P>He said he has been home all morning "on the couch" w/a hangover. I left for work before he got home.<P>He said he didn't call me because he didn't want to "wake me up", what kind of idiot does he think I am?<P>I told him I want him to move out, how much does he think one peron can take, etc. But he just gets defensive and starts getting angry at me. The most he would give me is he can "understand" how I could be feeling this way. And he will call me later. Gee thanks.<P>This is so d*mn confusing because things really seem to be getting better, and then he pulls this.<P>My problem: What in the heck if anything do I say to him? <P>He knows I am not happy.<BR>He knows I think he was with the OW.<P>I feel so hopeless, there is nothing I can SAY that will convey to him the depth of his betrayl, my anger, how I am at the end of my rope.<P>If I give the silent treatment, nothing changes. If I nag and whine nothing changes. If I'm nice and pleasant nothing changes.<P>I just called him to scream at him "What kind of idiot to you think I am?" but I hung up after 1 ring, what good will it do anyway.<P>I know not to make decisions in the heat of emotions, but I am ready to go home and pack, or throw all his crap out on the yard. Or not go home at all, but it wouldn't have the same effect on him.<P>HELP!<P>

C
C
First thing to do is not blow your cool. I know exactly how you are feeling, but anger will only make it worse. If you feel like the conversation may get ugly, leave for a little while. The best thing to do is sort out your emotions first, and when you are ready, sit down and talk about it rationally. He may or may not tell you anything. If he was w/ OW, he could deny it. Anger is the one thing that you can't show him. However, you do not need to put up with his behavior. You need to tell him that he needs to behave like a husband should or he needs to leave. I know this is hard, but hang in there.

L
L
Hi jt. I think that there has to be some boundaries for your husband. Like a child, he needs to suffer the concequences of his actions. You absolutely do not have to tolerate his behavior. It is disrespectful, arrogant and selfish. If he gets beligerant when you tell him to get his **** and go, then you take control of this situation and you go - Treat him the way he is acting - like an out of control teenager with no respect for his home - change the locks if you have to. Get mad and get tough with this guy. Tuff Love!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation