Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
Originally Posted by armymama
Must be having the same bad day as SWW. MS starting this particular thread ticked me off as well. Maybe because she is directing energy at us instead of her H.

AM

That is her MO...and quite possibly the reason for all the multiple affairs.

Even her name sends a message...at least it sends one to me.

But, I could be wrong...I was once....maybe. think

committed

Nah, you're not wrong.. there is nothing "Muted" about MS, it's all shouting "ME! ME! ME!"... "Look at ME, *I* made a great meatloaf dinner! Look at ME, *I* gave Spartan SF!! Look at ME, *I* let Spartan work on brother's car, *I* washed the dishes, *I* watched the kids, *I* gave him the night off, ain't **I** a saint??? ME ME ME!!!". Let's see how long before this "I'm Spartan's servant" act blows up into resentment.

But I could be wrong too, of course wink .

AGG

L
L
Well said AGG. Still seems like she is hiding something. I would love to see her take a poly. Hopefully Spartan would come here to get some input into the questions that should be addressed.

Me: FWH / BS (36)
W: BS / WW (37)
Two youngsters
O
O
I'm getting the same feeling AGG. Like she's here for a pat on the head. "Good Dog, Carl!"

And the servant thing resonates too. She is supposed to be making amends and you do that with your heart which is displayed by your actions. I don't get the same feeling from her posts.

Sorry, Lost in 08, but I really don't even think that is 'Spartan'. If you look at the very few postings he made, most of it is defending her in a manipulated way. I personally would love to wish a Happy Mother's Day to Spartan or whoever has been taking care of her children. There is so much focus on her appearance and her affair and her girlfriends..nothing about the kids.

S
S
i agree with SWW and armymama-
MS didnt start this thread asking people how we are dealing with mother's day - if anyone was experiencing any problems-

sf

BS- me 56; FWH-58
3 kids, DS 23,23 DD 14; Married: 34 years
D-Days: 7/11/07;/7/13/07;7/31/07
Unbelievably recovering- but in an up and down way.
L
L
While I agree with what some of you are saying, I wish you would have taken it up on MS's own thread and not here like Mrs. W did. (And so well, Mrs. W.) Or started another thread all-together, instead of TJing this one where some of us were trying to celebrate mothers.

So much for that idea. Another thread bites the dust. (How common this is becoming.)

If it matters any more... God bless you, moms.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
D
D
I think that if it would have come from anyone but MS, this would be a thread to be celebrated, but as it is her MO to create a new, upbeat thread everytime there is a bomb dropped on Spartan, it makes this thread a bummer.

Agreed

A
A
Ditto from me.

And while we are talking about motherhood, here is a raised glass to all the moms who are keeping it together through the ultimate nightmare. To those who look for the right words to explain to innocent children why their life is being rocked; to those who pick up the pieces from WS's broken promises or indifference; to those who are THERE for their children when it is time to do the homework, go to the sports practice, fix the boo boo knee, or drive hither and yon to friends' houses. To the moms who really take care of their children's needs and set the example by caring loving acts.

I salute you.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
C
C
Originally Posted by sickwithworry
Sorry again,

it was sarcastic in that I thought it strange that a WW like MS that had let her thread go to page 3, had tortured her BH beyond belief to the shock, horror and delusion of many on this board and was posting a "shout out" to the "Moms" complete with pithy sayings and all...

Maybe I've had a bad day...

I get what you're saying, and I think you have a point. I just wish you had started with a direct statement of your thoughts on the matter instead of the sarcastic stuff. It's not helpful and easy to misconstrue on an internet forum.

S
S
Originally Posted by curious53
Sorry again,

it was sarcastic in that I thought it strange that a WW like MS that had let her thread go to page 3, had tortured her BH beyond belief to the shock, horror and delusion of many on this board and was posting a "shout out" to the "Moms" complete with pithy sayings and all...

I get what you're saying, and I think you have a point. I just wish you had started with a direct statement of your thoughts on the matter instead of the sarcastic stuff. It's not helpful and easy to misconstrue on an internet forum.

Opinions vary...

C
C
Sorry again,

Opinions vary...

I'd be interested in hearing more. I take it you mean that your opinion, specifically, varies from mine. Which I'm totally cool with. (But note that you chose not to state it directly.) I'd really be interested in hearing more about that. I promise I don't mean it in a snarky way and I'm not going to attack you for your position. I'm just not clear on why you value the sarcasm over a direct statement (if I've understood you correctly).

M
OP Offline
M
While this was started with the best intensions, I now understand that nothing I do, say or wish for anyone will ever be met with unbiased eyes.

To those of you who responsed in kind.....thank you.

I am requesting that this thread be closed and that each one of you has a happy mother's day.

S
S
Sorry again,

Opinions vary...

I'd be interested in hearing more. I take it you mean that your opinion, specifically, varies from mine. Which I'm totally cool with. (But note that you chose not to state it directly.) I'd really be interested in hearing more about that. I promise I don't mean it in a snarky way and I'm not going to attack you for your position. I'm just not clear on why you value the sarcasm over a direct statement (if I've understood you correctly).

I said it as succinctly and as directly as I could. I happen to disagree with your evaluation/suggested instructions to correct my post, hence, opinions vary. This shouldn't be about you or me though.

I could say more, but don't want to turn this into a jousting match as this thread will be locked momentarily at MS's request.

C
C
I could say more, but don't want to turn this into a jousting match as this thread will be locked momentarily at MS's request.

Sigh. No intention of a jousting match. None. I wish I knew some way to make that clear. Just wanted to hear more about why you felt sarcasm was better than being direct. (If that is indeed what you were saying -- which I'm still not sure of.) I had already stated my position, so there's no need for me to press the point. But I was truly interested in hearing your perspective.

But I understand the thread is getting locked. And while I am interested in hearing more, you are under no obligation to share. I guess it will just be one of those mysteries I'll have to live with . . .

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
While this was started with the best intensions, I now understand that nothing I do, say or wish for anyone will ever be met with unbiased eyes.

To those of you who responsed in kind.....thank you.

I am requesting that this thread be closed and that each one of you has a happy mother's day.

Oh boo freaking hoo.

Your resolve is telling. I pity Spartan.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation