Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
And while we are talking about motherhood, here is a raised glass to all the moms who are keeping it together through the ultimate nightmare. To those who look for the right words to explain to innocent children why their life is being rocked; to those who pick up the pieces from WS's broken promises or indifference; to those who are THERE for their children when it is time to do the homework, go to the sports practice, fix the boo boo knee, or drive hither and yon to friends' houses. To the moms who really take care of their children's needs and set the example by caring loving acts.

I salute you.

This brought tears to my eyes. I raise my glass with you.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

P
P
Ditto!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
smb and armymama-
i agree- this paragraph struck a chord with me too.

sf

C
C
I raise a glass to them, too. I don't know that I could do it. Major class awards and kudos to those who can.

Generations will salute you.

And I, for one, thank you, for being a positive influence in this whacked-out world. We need you.

Glad you're here. smile

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
D
D
SMB,

I totally agree. I was lucky that my sons were adults when I learned of all of this. Those who are dealing with small children or even older children that are still at home have my deepest respect. I don't think I could ever have held it together. While I did raise mine essentially alone while struggling with a non responsive and absent husband it was nothing like what it would have been had this news been dumped on me then.

To all of you doing this...you are amazing. There are so many of you and I would give anything to be around to give each of you a day off to take care of yourselves. Children can be such a major comfort but to keep going in the middle of all of this you need the time to care for just you. ((((hugs)))) to all of you amazing mothers!

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
S
S
sss-
i agree - one of the hardest things i had to do while going through this has been to put on a "happy face" for my kids. even the older ones were deepely affected by their father's infidelity.

it is heartbreaking for me to watch my children suffer - but i hope they are learning many lessons from all this- that people can change- that people can forgive - that people can improve their marriages even when it has suffered through an affair.

sf

BS- me 56; FWH-58
3 kids, DS 23,23 DD 14; Married: 34 years
D-Days: 7/11/07;/7/13/07;7/31/07
Unbelievably recovering- but in an up and down way.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation