Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by weaves
Pep, most of all I would like to say THANK YOU for helping me be a better, stronger mother. God, she's a great kid. And I just booked her ticket to come here for the summer.

Thanks.
I am overrun with emotions right now.
YOU are freakin' awesome Weav.

Weav ~~~> loveheart <~~~ Sgt. Pep
Yes she is! I feel like I "grew up" with you, weaver dear.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
D
(((((((((((((((ALL OF THE OLD FARTS))))))))))))))))

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Oooh, thank you weaves.

I love it. I bookmarked it

Did you notice how sweaty they all are? Must have been hot! Makes it seem more real.

So happy for you now...

PS: I’ll tell 2L you asked. He will come around for you.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
I ac2ally liked the Bee Gees before the disco days. Holiday was my favorite:

Man, that takes me back! Those guys were cuter than some of the girls in HS that I had crushes on at the time!

Ah yes, All Along the Watchtower! I prefer Jimi's redition of Bob's song, though. He managed total heaviosity!

Nearly evereyone did Dylan's music better than he did, though he sure wrote great lyrics. Most of them sound nothing like the original.

I also like Sarah Polley's rendition of the Tragically Hip's "Courage" for the movie "The Sweet Hereafter." Great movie, 2, though it'll make you cry. Did me.

-ol' 2long

Last edited by 2long; 05/11/09 01:54 PM. Reason: Missed a 2!
Some uplifting stuff:

-ol' 2long

J
J
2L,

If you like the Old Bee Gee's one my all time favorite songs was "Words". They were better before disco. Talking about the Beatles, makes me think of college. I was in college when they first started and spending summers in Europe at that time. There was a completely different take on their music there.

Had most of their albums, but somehow they got "borrowed" over the years. Still ticks me off.

JL

K
K
Old fart reporting for duty. Whaddya mean I don't "get" music. The music died in the 70s There hasn't been anything worthwhile produced since then.

Rob and I discovered Little Feat just after we were married and have been hooked ever since. LOL, JL, someone "borrowed" all Rob's Beatles and Rolling Stones sometime in the 70s and they were really special. He's since re-bought all of them on DVD but he loved his vinyl. I'm sure he only went out with me because I had a "record player" and he didn't. lol. I married him for his book collection.

I also like early BeeGees and early Fleetwood Mac (before the girls) but then got to like the late stuff.

We actually gathered at a friend's house to listen to Sergeant Pepper when it first came out. I remember how we all sat around and waited for the LP to be put on the turntable. Gee, I really am an old fart.

I was in college when they first started and spending summers in Europe at that time.

Good gawd, you really ARE old! I was in the 4th grade at the time!

-ol' 2long

D
D
> DVD but he loved his vinyl.

The flea market around the corner from my house has loads of albums. I just got a Moody Blues album for $1.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
The music died in the 70s There hasn't been anything worthwhile produced since then.

Ain't that the truth!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
my 18-y-o daughter and I love vinyl.. loveheart..still have my turntable. bought it used in the dark ages.....

OMG, it's from the last millenium!!! faint

C
C

P
P
Remember when you could get 45's for .99 cents? I had Donnie and Marie, Carpenters, Marvin Gaye, Beach Boys, Beatles, etc. My dad thought they were all heatherns. LOL

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
I think I still have some of my old 45s.

J
J
2L

Good gawd, you really ARE old! I was in the 4th grade at the time!

-ol' 2long

Ease up old fella, some of us are young at heart. smile

I'm old enough that AARP quit sending me any requests to join. hurray

I will say you cannot be good old fashion "rock and roll".

Jen, I liked the eary Stones as well. Always like "playin with Fire", a pretty good ballad for the Stones.

JL

J
J
OMG did someone just mention Little Feat???

The names of my computers are:
dixiechicken
tennlamb
lilfeat (laptop)
Pocket Rocket (handheld)

"I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari..."

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
J
J
I have a few 45's too.

And I have a confession to make..I ordered a vintage Whitesnake tour shirt from 1987 (year I graduated high school)..it's printed on a baby T..but darn it my sis and I were both there! They were the opening act for Bon Jovi.

God's got a great sense of humor!
XH: WS extroidinaire..remarried ow 1 day after divorce (1/1/04); been cheating on ow/w since day 1 and they are in process of divorcing
Me: thirtysomething, baseball mom of a 10 y.o. DS, happy, moved on. Should be engaged to wonderful guy any day now. Currently reading HNHN together. Building a foundation on truth, love, and family \:\)
M
M
Originally Posted by justpeachy08
I have a few 45's too.

And I have a confession to make..I ordered a vintage Whitesnake tour shirt from 1987 (year I graduated high school)..it's printed on a baby T..but darn it my sis and I were both there! They were the opening act for Bon Jovi.

LOL Peach! That's the year I graduated too! I remember putting Whitesnake's "Slide It In" album and Madonna's "Like A Virgin" album on my Christmas list one year...The look on my mama's face when she read that was PRICELESS!!! rotflmao

And hey...Was that the "Slippery When Wet" Bon Jovi tour? I was there too - we coulda been sittin' next to each other!!! We got there late and didn't see the opening act though...I didn't realize it was Whitesnake! (ETA: Oh wait, I just remembered you probably didn't live in Atlanta yet back then, huh?)

Mrs. W

P.S. Mr. W and I were out last weekend and it made me SO SAD to see that the drinking age sign said "You must be born by today's date in 1987 to drink"!!! WHAT??? :MrEEk: Surely we aren't that old!!! cry

Last edited by MrsWondering; 05/12/09 06:30 PM.

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

J
J
I wisheth they wereth jesting..tis true. frown
Darn it..I remember my 21 bar salute my friends gave me on that birthday in downtown memphis.

That was where I saw Whitesnake btw..I loved "still of the night"..I thought they were the reincarnation of Led Zep!
Alas, there's only one Robert Plant and Jimmy Page though..

God's got a great sense of humor!
XH: WS extroidinaire..remarried ow 1 day after divorce (1/1/04); been cheating on ow/w since day 1 and they are in process of divorcing
Me: thirtysomething, baseball mom of a 10 y.o. DS, happy, moved on. Should be engaged to wonderful guy any day now. Currently reading HNHN together. Building a foundation on truth, love, and family \:\)
C
C
Hi Pep,

The "Happy Birthday" tiara still sits among DD21’s trophies in my family room.

Thank you.

Chrisner.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation