Tonight, the girls came home with a gift for me, a framed puzzle they had done at their dad's. Very sweet, we are about to have a lovely, pre Mother's Day evening.

BUT... 9yo DD said that Dad was being all weird in the car "Does your Mom ever sit and do puzzles with you, maybe we should buy some puzzles so your Mom will do them with you."

My 9yoDD said "Mom, it was obvious he was dogging you by saying you don't do anything with us, I almost had the courage to stand up to him". She said "I had your back in my mind" LOL

Now, let's just put on the table, I homeschool the kids, I am with them 24/7 except on the weekends when he has them and I go to work.

Why does he feel the need to dog me and put the kids in the position to where they want to defend me. Can't he see that it just gives the kids a bad taste in their mouth about him. Older DD says, "He doesn't even do the puzzles with us".

GO BE HAPPY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!

I know the puzzle conversation sounds silly, it is just an example of the petty crap that the kids bring home. Just subtle little digs at me. But, he used to refer to me as "Your GD Mother", so I guess the digs are better that the cussing (He used the words when he cussed me to the children).

And I just feel like an idiot trying to smooth things over with the kids to help maintain the father-daughter relationship, while he seems bent on building resentment from the kids.

Oh well, whatever floats his widdle boat. This has to be building character that we will need at some point.

For now, me and the kids are going to curl up with popcorn and watch a movie.

Me-41 BS (FWS)
DH-41 WS (FBS)
2DD's- 10 and 12
Married 15 years
Separated for 2 years after my A
Reconciled for 1 year before his A
D-day for his A 8/23/05
WH moved out 9/16/05
Divorce final 1/23/07
Affair ended or month or so later
My Story