Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B

W
W
This makes me so sad. We should all see if we can get them to be aware of MB. I can not access their blog at work but as soon as I get home I am going to try to leave a message in some way.

Just think of the good PR for MB and the saving of marriages that this could be.

All things work together for good........

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
Married-5/26/2001(2nd for me, 1st for him)
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
E
E
Doesn't surprise me, she is really disrespectful and condescending when it comes to John. If he's stepping out, it really wouldn't shock me at all.

Nor would it shock me to learn that she has so little respect for her husband that she would be having an affair with the guard.

I really don't see her showing respect to her husband. Because of her antics on the show, I can't stand watching it. If my wife turns it on, I usually leave the room.

I wouldn't wish a break up on anyone, but I could see why this one might be happening.

G
G
Bob,

I just want to smack people like that they win the lottery, relative to most of humanity that is, and then flush it down the toilet. Do they really think they are anything but lucky. But I guess the teaching of the dangers of hubris would be damaging to peoples self-esteem these days.

NJ

W
W
Well, an affair ALWAYS shocks me. No matter how disrespectful someone's spouse might be, I am ALWAYS surprised that they would think it reasonable to have an affair.

Please forgive me EE, but I just find the term "stepping out" so
demeaning to all of us who have been the BS no matter the circumstances. Semantics DO matter in this arena.

My H did not "step out" on me. He committed dirty, disgusting, shameful, sinful adultery.

When I go out to catch a breath of fresh air, then I am stepping out.

And I don't think for a minute that SHE is the only one who is disrespectful. Television editors show ONLY what they think makes good TV.

I think they are a very young couple caught up in the morality of the world and dealing with fame, fortune and a huge family when they were not really prepared for it.

Again, I am so sad that they and their precious 8 are going through this. I hope and pray they will do the right thing.

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
Married-5/26/2001(2nd for me, 1st for him)
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
B
B
If what we saw was in any way true, she was very MEAN. NO ONE treats thier mate that bad. I mean, no one who wants a good and happy marriage. He should not have had an affair but he had taken the abuse from her for a long time.

B
OP Offline
B
Wrking makes an excellent point. Even though it is a reality tv show we are still dealing with execs and editors who can cut and spin any way they want. I too in the past have thought that Kate treated John like a child and that there were times that they were both disrespectful of each other. But the fact remains, we only see what they want us to see.

But like it has been said here thousands of times before, THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER FOR AN AFFAIR!

My thoughts are with the children. May they pull through this and all be healthy and strong.

M
M
Those two are clearly using the Win/Lose method of problem solving (especially Kate). Someone should explain POJA to them before it's too late.

Most people use Win/Lose because they don't know any better and they probably grew up seeing it among their family and friends. But it is a real destroyer of happiness in relationships and defintely leads to the *conditions* in the marriage that some spouses use to justify cheating.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
I
I
I think it is funny some are saying it may be the editing of the show that shows her in a poor light. If that were true why would she want to continue the show? In the last episode you could tell by what he was saying that John may not want to continue the show. Kate of course wants it to continue so that does not seem like poor editing to me. It is a pattern.

I watched it with my GF and the family was going to get 2 dogs. The kids wanted to pick them out and name them. When they went to the kennel Kate picked out the dogs and named them herself. I just think she is a control freak and a little selfish. My GF was the one that pointed out she could not even let her kids pick the pups or the name. Gosh they may take my guy card away for knowing these things.

Now Kate is traveling and it appears she may be having an affair. John may be having an affair also. If I were John I would not appear on that show anymore and I think it is destroying their family. He comes across as a hen pecked husband and I am sure he hears it a lot from others.

And gosh why does she need a male bodyguard to travel with her? Maybe John should have a Hooters girl as his babysitter while she is traveling with her bodygaurd. It is a bad idea all the way around. God help them though since they have those very sweet kids.

Bad editing does not pass the smell test when you consider that John does not want the show anymore. To get emasculated for not using a coupon during one show or getting yelled at in a store while christmas shopping just is not worth it. I have to wonder if she would want the show anymore if John yelled at her like she treats him. My guess is she would not. Just my humble opinion.

After reading this they will take away my guy card.

M
M
Those poor kids frown

Very sad.

Can't someone send them to MB?

Love in Christ,
Miss M

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
V
V
I've watched this show for awhile. I have to say that Kate emasculates her husband so much that it's embarrassing to watch. However, he does get back at her in other ways. He is very passive aggressive. It's hard for me to watch the show because of how the semantics in their relationship.

I feel sorry for their children.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
OP Offline
B
I will be the first to admit I have only seen the show a few times. But even in those few times I have noted the relationship between the two seems to be "off" "strained" whatever you want to call it.

IHE- The man card collection crew will be by shortly to confiscate yours. wink

As far as bdy grd- if something happened to Kate while she was out stumping for TLC or any major co, they would lose their shirts. And we all know that there are wacko's out there. And even though there are female bdy grds- you can not argue that it is traditionally a male dominated field. Not arguing right or wrong it just is, and the hooters thing is like apples and oranges.

Hopefully they will pull their heads out of their bums and get some help.

D
D
Originally Posted by Verve
I've watched this show for awhile. I have to say that Kate emasculates her husband so much that it's embarrassing to watch. However, he does get back at her in other ways. He is very passive aggressive. It's hard for me to watch the show because of how the semantics in their relationship.

I feel sorry for their children.

I'm with you Verve.

I can't watch because those two treat each other SO badly. I have a hard time watching people do embarassing things - that show, with the adult's horrible behavior makes me switch the channel every time.

Not only that, I think all their [censored] rolls downhill to the kids - who parrot their parent's attitudes A LOT. I also see them cavorting those babies all over the place - and it shows in the children's behavior.

These kids are dolls and moneytrain to mom and dad.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
B
B
Did you guys read the side article? They earn $75,000 an episode.
Plus the list of freebies is spelled out.

John was fired from his company due to "excessive time" spent searching out freebies/deals - not that the company did not want to cover the kids health insurance like he has reported.

There is no way either of them are going to toss this cash cow (OMG! poor kids) out, until a spin off John and Kate the divorce makes them more $$$.

I am hoping this is all a big trick to get more press for their uncoming season.

I am sorry, we watched this "show" because the dynamics between those two. This is just a natural path for this relationship to follow IMHO

The fact that churches give this woman thousands as a public speaker makes me NOT want to go to church.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
S
S
I did think that Kate was too controlling at so many points - especially picking out the names for the puppies!

but there were times i thought they were cute together- like when they had their dates, or went shopping for new clothes for each other. or at their remarriage.

the money and fame have certainly changed them- but i wonder if there is really no desire to repair the marriage. or if this is just the press.

i agree that this would be such great publicity for MB- but they would need to both be willing.

sf

BS- me 56; FWH-58
3 kids, DS 23,23 DD 14; Married: 34 years
D-Days: 7/11/07;/7/13/07;7/31/07
Unbelievably recovering- but in an up and down way.
C
C
I have to admit I love the show- because the kids are so cute. I was also impressed that both of them professed to be believers.

I agree with posters who have said that Kate appeared controlling and ugly to Jon on television. I did read her book however and she was very complementary to him in there about how dedicated he is to their family- how much help he's been to her. I genuinely have thought they are good people who are grateful for everything they have been given- there's lots in the book about that.

I'm disappointed that either of them have been unfaithful but it again shows how hard it is to be in the public eye. Celebrity and all that goes with it can tear you down- especially if you don't have a strong foundation and sometimes even when you do.

I feel alot of the controlling Kate has done- and being disrespectful is because Jon hasn't been completely leading this family- she has. She's in charge for part because she's a control freak and partly because he won't be. I have no clue how she's been able to accomplish all that she has- with all of those kids- because I only have three and I cannot keep up with them all the time.

It's sad for the kids. It's sad for them and I hate to see their marriage be destroyed. I'm a member of their fan page on Facebook and I will post information on marriagebuilders there as well.

I
I
Help me out, I'm from another continent...

Is this a reality show about a large family?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
C
C
Yes- they had a set of twin girls and then gave she gave birth to 6- three boys and three girls. She did use fertility drugs but they were only hoping for one more- then they got six. So, they have eight children!

J
J
I'm sad too. The kids & I watch this show. Their kids are so cute & it's intriguing to see what day-to-day with EIGHT kids looks like. I was SO proud of them when they renewed their vows - I watched, happy for them, when "in this day & age there are so many divorced couples, and we wanted to show our kids we will be together forever. Right, honey?" <pause> Jon: "Right"

But I did worry about their marriage - I guess I often worry about peoples' marriages these days, like DD's band director - anyway, because of the challenges & stresses of managing such a large house. Plus, they're young, about the same age as STBXH & I, and we had nowhere NEAR the challenges & responsibilities they do!

Hopefully they'll work it out.

LIFE IS GOOD
L
L
Warning: Advertising ahead:

"What's the NEW HOOK for this season?"

Jon and Kate are having marital issues!

OK, that's the New Hook.......

She sounds like Octomom without the lips.
He seems like one that is following the script....

PishPosh on all of it...

LG

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation