Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 95 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 94 95
V
V
nevermind

Last edited by Vittoria; 05/13/09 04:22 PM.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by serendipitous
I'm sure I should know this but is he having amy help for depression?
No.

Possibly the hardest-hitting image that has stuck with me since I revealed to H, is a Sunday morning a couple of weeks after D-day. I took a shower and came into our bedroom. I was on our bed and I heard the sliding door to the half-bath open slightly. I looked and reached over to open it more. My H was sitting curled up, on the floor in the corner of the little room with his face smothered into a towel, bawling like I've never every seen from him before. He was completely broken. Because of me.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by serendipitous
Absolute twaddle that all waywards are absolutley selfish. Total rubbush. You're a star.
Thanks. I hope he's doing better.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by RooGirl7
Are you still going to the park to scream and cry and vent? If so, do you feel any better after having done that?
I don't know if I feel better. But when I've lost control, it's better then breaking down in front of H or the kids.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
But to him he was doing a great job and then found out about the A's. So in his mind he was doing his best when you had the A.
This makes sense.

At least he is not saying you have to undo the past any more.
He's not saying much at all any more, other then last Sunday morning. I guess after Sunday -- because it had been probably a couple of weeks since he had said anything about our relationship -- I've learned just because he's not saying it, doesn't mean he's not thinking it.

So, How will he know for sure that this won't happen again? Or that there are not other bad things you have not told about yet?
I don't know. I have my EPs. He is very much against the poly (and I know we've gone around about this here, but I will not do this without his permission). I've offered to take paternit tests. He's questioned the BW, the FOM, he's talked with people from both of our pasts and he really knows everything.

It does seem like there is progress. I'm hoping you guys can get to some place happy.
Thank you, 6YL. I know you mean this.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Vittoria
How did the conversation end?
He got up and took a shower.

Can you explain L4 what he was referring to when you were thinking that?
He was saying all of this kind of together. About how his life sucks. How it's mostly my fault. How he can't believe he's in this position... All that stuff.

H's healing trumps all holidays.
I agree.

If I remember right, the park was for screaming anything about the FOM, triggers etc.
Been using it (or the theory of it anyway) for almost all of my break-downs. Heck, I'm having another one right now. So I keep my office door closed and keep it to myself.

Because I can't believe I'm in a position where I have to be typying on an anonymous Internet message board about how to save my marriage because I cheated. It's still just beyond my comprehesion that I'm in this position. That I failed so badly with my boundaries. That I've done this horrible thing to people I love and people I barely know.

But I'll dry my eyes, go make dinner, get ready for book club, then go discuss Q & A with my lady friends. Nobody but all of you will know better.

He should know that you are breaking inside too about his hurt and the future of the M. I would tell him first off that you expect no answers to what you will tell him and you are not looking for comfort, but you just want him to know where your head is at. Expect nothing back, and if you do get a good back, it's a bonus.
This is a good way to go about it.

I'm going to wait though. So much on his plate right now.

Like the rest this is just my POV too.
You have a very clear view. Thank you for letting me take a peek, V.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Flint
If you fall your marriage has no one fighting for it...
I won't fall. But I may need to stop for water here and there.

Resentment in one spouse is detrimental to recovery, in both it's fatal to the marriage.
We had A LOT of this the last 5 years.

Your husband needs to know how hard you are trying and that you are having difficulty with seeing him in pain and not being able to help him...

That you know it is because of your actions that he feels this way...
I've told him as much several times. I'll continue.

Just be sure he DOES NOT feel you are frustrated with HIM.

That it is his pain that frustrates you, NOT HIM...
Good advice.

YOU need to know from him if you are doing the kind of things that HE wants you to do to give your marriage a chance to BEGIN to heal...
He won't confirm what specficially he likes or doesn't like. When I ask what I can do he a.) doesn't respond, b.) says, "I don't know," or c.) says he likes the changes I've made or that he has noticed I'm trying. He's not saying whether it's the apples or the oranges that he likes.

YOU cannot be the one to keep asking your H these things...

He WILL take it as you thinking that he is healing too slow...

Or why can't he just get past it...

THAT is the LAST thing you want him to feel.
This makes sense. So who then if he won't confide in anyone and refuses counseling?

HOWEVER, if you are getting near the breaking point...
Not there yet. Not on the edge. But I can see it more clearly in the distance.

IT IS time to enlist the help of someone else.

I really think the Harley's are the best bet...
He won't do this Jim. I have enough money from that gift my sister gave me a while back to cover another visit with Steve. H thinks talking to a stranger over the phone is more ridiculous than meeting an MC face-to-face. I can't force him to do this. I can't force him to do anything.

They have the ability to tell you whether or not you are on the right path BEFORE you lose your desire to heal the marriage.

It's time to call.
Would it make any sense to meet with him again even without H? I'm seeing an IC on my own and I have you folks/MB. Should I call Steve again anyway?

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by NewEveryDay
Looking4, I encouraged her to come here because of all the great advice and perspective that I've read on your thread since I've gotten here.
Good. Because I shouldn't be the only one to benefit from the wealth of advice, support, and care I get here.

I'll read up on her as soon as I can.

L
OP Offline
L
I don't think I understand the message that you snuck in, V.

I'm ok. Just sticking to the program... Faking it 'till we make it. Plan A with a smile.

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
V
V
okay then. take care. smile

Last edited by Vittoria; 05/13/09 04:27 PM.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

L
OP Offline
L
I wasn't sure if you were ripped down from a post.
Still confused and have no clue what you're referring to. Everything I've posted today I believe is still up.

I am hoping for you. I'm trying to think of some action you could take, or he could take to move the ball here.

One thing that keeps coming out to me was that you had him so completely fooled. He claims you are a great liar, but I bet he also feels like an idiot for not seeing. No one is that great at lying, he must not have been paying attention. Maybe if he could learn some skills to better detect lies? I'm grasping at straws but it might help.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
V
V
cool

Have a good 'book club' night!

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

Oh I wanted to comment on your H's crying. Personally, I think that is a good sign. He is grieving, it is sad to him. If he was stone cold that would be worrisome and weird.

We aren't sad if we did not value what we lost. I still think there is forward movement from him.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
L
L
Nothing to add, just hug

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
V
V
I have a thought, slim but it's a thought.

If you did a session with the Harley's, asked H if he would be willing to be in the same room during your session and put the phone on speaker.
H would not have to participate but would be able to hear how they counsel.

Of course, you would give the heads up to the Harley's that H was present in the room and hearing the session.

The ultimate would be if H chose to finish the session on his own, but miracles happen, sometimes right?

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

V
V
I have a thought, slim but it's a thought.

If you did a session with the Harley's, asked H if he would be willing to be in the same room during your session and put the phone on speaker.
H would not have to participate but would be able to hear how they counsel.

Of course, you would give the heads up to the Harley's that H was present in the room and hearing the session.
I just got to thinking .... is this a DJ ?
If it is, is there a way to not make it one? Offering the opportunity without making H feel pressured, or would he still feel pressured.
Or maybe this could be something for next year???

dontknow

Anyone have thoughts?

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

J
J
Originally Posted by Looking4
Would it make any sense to meet with him again even without H? I'm seeing an IC on my own and I have you folks/MB. Should I call Steve again anyway?

Looking4,

I think sometimes we forget that the MB program works both ways...

and we need to be reminded that it's a TWO way street...

It is NOT just about a WS correcting their own problems in the marriage...

as you are trying very hard to do...

It's also about a damaged BS trying to make sense out of nonsense...

which is VERY hard to do...

PARTICULARLY by the one that did the wounding...

The LAST one he wants to share his vulnerability with...

You have forgotten the MB plans deal even with people that initially WANT NOTHING to deal with MB as in the case of the WS and how to deal with them.

It also deals with the reluctant BS and how to approach them in a manner that does not cause resentment...

which YOUR marriage desperately needs...

You need two things...

One is how to get your H out of this stalemate he is in...

And two is how for you to be a healthy partner to him WITHOUT being a dumping ground for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong with his life...

YOU are responsible for your A and your part of the marriage...

NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAS GONE WRONG IN HIS LIFE!!!

YOU MUST RESPECT YOURSELF OR HE WILL NOT EITHER!!!

THERE ARE BOUNDARIES FOR YOU WITH YOUR H THAT HE MUST RESPECT.

HE CANNOT CONTINUE TO BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

You are not alone...

Mrs.Flint had to learn this also...

She thought SHE was the only cause of the failure between my brother and I...

She wasn't...

But she blamed herself for ALL of it and the loss of one third of my family...

She was part but not all...

Take responsibility for YOUR part...

NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAS GONE WRONG IN HIS LIFE!!!

The Harley's have the ability to decipher and discern WHAT HE IS SAYING TO YOU and what it REALLY MEANS...

AND HOW TO HANDLE HIS ANGER IN A PRODUCTIVE WAY!!!

Once again I remind you that YOU said the resentment is building and I want you to remember that ALL of that has to be removed before your relationship can begin to heal...

Why are you letting the pile get higher and higher before doing something about it???

What you have been trying has not helped with the resentment aspect...

It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with what your H will or won't do...

YOU cannot control your H...

Just as a BS cannot control his WS...

But there are ways to invite the reluctant spouse back into the marriage.

The most important one for you right now is to regain your H respect...

Right now you are a dumping ground and in his eyes the CAUSE of all of his problems...

The Harley's can tell you how to regain his RESPECT without alienating him...

and healthy boundaries for yourself...

Which you badly need right now...

Call the Harley's.

In a side note...

Although the uncertainity of his job situation is unsettling...

It may have a silver lining...

He MAY wind up NEEDING YOU...

Giving you a chance to take care of him and be there for him when he desperately needs someone both financially and emotionally to support him...

Sometimes things happen for a reason...

hug

God bless.

Jim

FWW 48 had EA and PA affair with my brother which ended in 2006. Me BH 53. Happily recovering with a new and better marriage through MB!!! My thread - http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2110024#Post2110024
L
L
L4:

Just so you know, if Flamingo HADN'T of jumped on the MB model after Dday, we would be divorced now.

I wasn't going back to THAT MARRIAGE.

We found MB three days before Dday.

She went all in, and so did I.

If BS wants to wallow, then that is his choice. "Woe is me"

Your going to be ok. Keep working the program. Learning and growing. Your H will follow.

Or not.

Asking H to listen to your conversation with Steve Harley is a good idea.

L4: "H, I have decided that I need to speak with Steve H and am planning to do it on (name some dates) I am looking to continue working on our marriage, and helping to fix SO MANY things that I broke. I would love for you to at least, join me while I have the conversation. You do not have to say anything, but please join me to listen on the speakerphone."

Then let him decide. You working on yourself is a good thing. Letting him see you working on yourself is a good thing. Letting him in on your efforts is good as well. What he does with the info and knowledge is up to him.

LG

M
M
L4,

No advice for you right now. I just wanted you to know that I'm still reading along and will chime in when I see something I can contribute to. For now just realize that you and your H are in my prayers.

Mark

Page 60 of 95 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation