Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
My prediction
the final 3
Kris Danny Adam

the final 2
Danny Adam

the winner
equal odds

*ahem*

Frog in your throat? grin

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Frog in your throat? grin

flirt

Last edited by Pepperband; 05/07/09 09:50 AM.
P
P
Five and 1/2 hours and counting to see which two make it to the final next week and see if Pep's prediction stands true. I really didn't like the performances last night by any of them.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
I know, PM!!! I'm so excited!!! hurray

Do you know that stinkin' MelodyLane called me up last night to make fun of me for liking Adam? rant2 (She has not been watching it the whole time and only tuned in to see what I was talking about.) I think she's just jealous cuz he has prettier make-up and nail polish than her! grin stickout grin

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

P
P
Originally Posted by MrsWondering

Do you know that stinkin' MelodyLane called me up last night to make fun of me for liking Adam? rant2 (She has not been watching it the whole time and only tuned in to see what I was talking about.) I think she's just jealous cuz he has prettier make-up and nail polish than her! grin stickout grin

Mrs. W

Had to be that. LOL

Adam is good but I can hardly stand to watch him perform because of the way he opens his mouth SO WIDE and sticks out his tongue when he sings. My SIL thinks he resembles Elvis. Wonder what Elvis would think about him.

T
T
Based on last night's performances, I thought Adam and Kris sang better than Danny. Kris's acoustic song was lovely. Adam's U2 song rocked although I do wish he'd keep better control of that tongue!
Can't wait for tonight's show. My neighbour and I pour a glass of wine and sit down each week like two excited teenagers. Wish I could vote.

P
P
WOW !!!!!

C
C
I can't believe that Kris consistently misses notes, the judges mildly admonish him, and the 12 year olds don't care and vote anyway. Danny hasn't missed but one note the entire season, Adam hasn't missed any, but they struggle because they don't have all the little girls voting 300 times for them.

D18 told some friends of hers at school yesterday that Kris was married, and they got mad! They don't want their little daydream of getting to marry him someday tarnished. meh

P
P
I'm stunned. Danny Gokey should have won this thing. He was the ONLY contestant that had never been in the bottom three or two. Ugh... now I guess I'll have to root for Kris, the one that no one will remember six months from now. Oh well. I'm sure he'll still have a career in music as a result of being on AI.

M
M

Mrs. W

THE MAN WEARS MAKE UP, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! crazy He couldn't be bothered to brush his hair for the show?? sick How proud his momma must be! NOT!!

The only good person on there was the GOKEY kid. Good grief!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Mel ... Did you watch the show last night?

C
C
Yeah, Adam reminds me of Boy George.

Kris blew me away a couple of weeks ago with "Ain't No Sunshine"

I don't know who will win....bet it will be Adam just to be politically correct. Sometimes it is the packaging that wins....not the content/talent.

J
J
Sometimes it is the packaging that wins....not the content/talent.

True. Though our home-grown was by far the best package! He loves his church, remains devoted to his late wife and started a foundation in her name, he works with youth and is an all-around GOOD MAN - all this before the spotlight was on him! I'm not bitter though, I almost think Danny's got the advantage here. His future is bright...it always was, and I bet he always felt that way. And good for him that he got this boost but that his future isn't because he "won" it. He's got options. He is geniune.

Unfortunately nowadays the "package" has to consist of what the little girls are going to drag mommy & daddy out to buy. Hence, my prediction: make-up boy will win.

LIFE IS GOOD
P
P
Originally Posted by Julie2U
Unfortunately nowadays the "package" has to consist of what the little girls are going to drag mommy & daddy out to buy. Hence, my prediction: make-up boy will win.

rotflmao My 66 year old sister loves the finalist you call "make-up boy"!

I asked her if she was voting for anyone and she said:

"ADAM"

This is funny .... I'll be sure to tell Sis your theory. She'll crack up !

P
P
BTW - Sis is a very politically and personally conservative woman. And I do mean VERY conservative. She is, however, a fine artist, which does usually allow lots of leeway for personal style choices in others.

B
B
As an obsessed Adam fan here (although I love Kris too), I just wanted to respond to the recent comments about Adam sticking out his tongue when he sings. From what I've read, it's actually a vocal technique to allow him to hit those super high notes in the "rock wail" style. Danny probably should have learned that technique before he attempted "Dream On."

While I totally get that many people don't appreciate that type of music, for those that do, Adam is the absolute master. He's always on pitch and always under control.

Me BW 48
FWH 49
D-days: too many to keep track of, but last one on 4/3/10
J
J
Originally Posted by Julie2U

rotflmao My 66 year old sister loves the finalist you call "make-up boy"!

I asked her if she was voting for anyone and she said:

"ADAM"

This is funny .... I'll be sure to tell Sis your theory. She'll crack up !

OK, you tell her, and we'll crack up together...worlds apart! (Read: don't send her after me!)

Not trying to offend or bash or even debate. I am the mother of a 13y/o who accepts & likes "make-up boys" because that is what our kids are seeing nowadays. Hence my prediction.

But Danny... clap

LIFE IS GOOD
C
C
You know, the reality is that this probably won't make any difference in my life.

The last recordings I bought.....

Leonard Cohen
The Puppini Sisters
Lena Horn
Styx
James Taylor
Ray Stevens
Saint-Saens concertos
Chris Casselo

Hey, anyone heard Ryan Shaw?

P
P
Adam is the absolute master. He's always ... under control.

At least while he's on the stage. whistle

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Mrs. W

THE MAN WEARS MAKE UP, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! crazy He couldn't be bothered to brush his hair for the show?? sick How proud his momma must be! NOT!!

See, she's soooooooo "JELLY"!!! Told y'all!!! rotflmao

ADAM RULES!!! dance2

Mrs. W~~~> An Official "Glambert" stickout

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation