Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 88 of 100 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 99 100
T
T
I haven't had any insurance for well over a year. Of course I didn't go to the hospital. I did, however, consult with a nurse (me! laugh ) and an ex-Army medic with OPINIONS (The Clam). My health care professionals concluded that, except for the bruises, there were no breaks but only soft-tissue damage in my wrist, for which no medical intervention was possible except drugs and rest. So I took drugs...and went to town. rotflmao I was going to drive myself, as I'd done right after the accident (I mean, like 3 minutes after the accident), to get into Lodi and take the car to the tire shop. I had fallen down on my way downstairs to the car, and had a deadline to meet, so once I was able to stand up I kept on going out the door. But I made the mistake of telling the girls that I'd had 2 episodes, since falling, of significant amounts of clear yellow "water" drain out of my right nostril, and they were bound and determined that I was leaking cerebro-spinal fluid from a traumatic hole somewhere deep in my skull...instead of the equally logical possibility that it's spring and I'm allergic to it. I finally agreed to let their dad drive me, just to shut them up. And much as I hate to admit it, that turned out to be a good idea, because by the time we got in there my hand hurt so badly that I was glad I wasn't expected to grab a steering wheel with fingers that wouldn't bend, attached to a wrist that wouldn't rotate.

I spent a perfectly MISERABLE evening until I hit on the idea of taking Motrin along with my two Tyl #3s, like the doctor told me to do after my foot surgery, when narcotics were insufficient to deal with the post-op pain. That brought the pain level down to just-tolerable levels. The girls came over and brought me flowers (pulled off my own bushes on the way into the house MrRollieEyes), all the grandchildren uhuh (including the one who told everyone I had "brain juice" coming out of my nose! :crosseyedcrazy: ), and Neak's leftover Vicodin from her surgery. Unfortunately, I'd taken the T-3s just a little while before, so I had to wait until 10 last night to try them. They did NOT help much more than the T-3s, but I took them again at 2AM, along with a 2nd dose of Motrin 800mg, and was able to sleep reasonably well after that. I then went 8 hrs. without any pain meds until this morning when I took just the Motrin. So, all-in-all, I am feeling WAY better today than yesterday, and significantly better than I expected to feel. I removed the Ace bandage this morning, too, and am doing OK without it. The swelling is down some, and I think I'm finally showing a bruise on my hand. You have NO idea how offended I was to have that much pain in my immobilized hand, and not a single bruise to show for it!!mad It's very red today, and ought to have a nice rainbow hue by the weekend.

I can't say I feel terrific this morning, except by comparison to yesterday. My shoulder and hip bruises are coming along nicely, but the one on my forehead is covered by my hair. I've even progressed to the place I think I'll put some pants on again. Had to give that up yesterday when I couldn't get them up OR down! blush So really, I'm rocketing towards recovery just as fast as can be, although I will have to say that yesterday's incident has pretty well answered the question that has been rolling about in my mind later--about whether my dad should be moved into the upstairs or the downstairs when he comes to live with me in the next month or so!! I can't imagine that a fall like that would help him at all!!! faint

tl

P
P
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
but the one on my forehead is covered by my hair

NEVER trust a nurse to self diagnose !
We are notorious for minimizing our symptoms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ from my standard advice file after closed head injury ~~~~~~~~~~~

A concussion is a kind of injury to the brain that occurs when the head receives a hard blow. The impact can jar or shake the brain against the skull, interrupting the brain's normal activities. Although you may have cuts or bruises on your head or face, you may have no other visible signs of a brain injury. In most cases, damage to the brain from a concussion cannot be seen in tests such as a CT or MRI scan.

For a few weeks, you may have low energy, dizziness, trouble sleeping, a headache, ringing in your ears, or nausea. You may also feel anxious, irritable, or depressed. You may have problems with memory and concentration. These symptoms are common after a concussion and should slowly improve over time, sometimes taking weeks or even months. Someone who lives with you should know how to care for you. Please share this and all information with a caregiver who will be available to help if needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TL will be pissed off at me, I know, but I care not stickout

Last edited by Pepperband; 05/14/09 10:48 AM.
T
T
Well, it really wasn't so much of a blow as a slide. The blow was to my hand and shoulder, when I reached out (most unsuccessfully, I might add) to break my fall. All I have on my head is some rug burn. Plus, I had a good share of those symptoms long before I fell down, go BOOM! laugh I will say that if what I did to my head causes any real damage, it's a doggone miracle that any child on the planet ever survives to be an adult...because my old noggin didn't take any of the brunt of my landing. It just scraped the carpet on the way down. I feel FINE. I'm not confused at sdioufpeowqir 1eiudfi diekladf;lkew9i dasfikfdsi;fa;jsf sda.

lt :crosseyedcrazy:

D
D
>All I have on my head is some rug burn.

.....nooooooooooooooot a fun way to get rugburn........

(doh!)

(did I just write that out loud?)

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
No one like my new sig line frown

D
D
Oh wah!

YOU didn't fall down and break your crown.

Go have some orange sherbert and smile.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
No one like my new sig line frown

I don't know what a "smurfy day" would be like. confused If it would be a "blue" day, my shoulder would be having one, as long as red and purple overtones are allowed. laugh

tl

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
If Smurfs are small, sullen, and uncooperative, I am having a VERY Smurfy day! rotflmao

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
SMURFY DAY ~~~> dance2

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
That's probably just about what Mom looked like.... grin

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
C
Nope! T&L looked like this:

rotflmao

Only not so happy.

A
A
tl I am SO sorry you had a fall frown and had clear brain fluid dripping out of your nose sick

and please do look after yourself... no silly things dear one!! naughty

I wish I could have been here to console you however I was away in the south of the state ........ sitting in a restaurant ... drinking a glass of merlot .... with some fillets of King George Whiting drowned in a Bernaise sauce .... and then had cooked while I waited profiteroles with Kahlua custard .... but now I feel even more guilty then before.

But I felt guilty before as Mikey was sick and I had to leave him with Dr Liz .......... who by the way was looking tired worn and desperate when I got home tonight .... something about being up every 20 mins for 48 hours with a crying child who was 'ick' ....poor Mikey ...see feel even more GUILTY now.

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
That's ok. Guilt is one of the four food groups in any mom's diet. (Chocolate is one of the others.)

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
>Chocolate is one of the others.)

Not mine. Chocolate gives me migraines.

Hence the orange sherbert.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
orange sherbert..........

is that the kind in those cute little bags you used to buy at school with the little spoons inside???????????

I was hooked on those crazy

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

A
A
I think I heard the moving dead out the back ..... I mean the wuss acting 'mother' hehehhehehehe smirk rotflmao

D
D
Originally Posted by aussieswife
I think I heard the moving dead out the back ..... I mean the wuss acting 'mother' hehehhehehehe smirk rotflmao

Is that like The Artist Formerly Known As....

"The Artist now Known As Moving Dead"

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
yep like that one grin

P
P
My H is such a sweetheart and soooooooooo sentimental loveheart

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
dance2 Tell us! Tellustellustellus!!!!!!!!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 88 of 100 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation