Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 95 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 94 95
V
V
Would love to stay for the MB fest, but we're going out, got to get in the shower.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

B
B
Originally Posted by Vittoria
The kidney filters out the bad and keeps the good right?

That never occurred to me and it took your comment completely different. doh2 But I see what you are saying.

Have fun on your night out.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Not to be confused with the liver which simply accumulates the poisons and stuff that is toxic...

Mark

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
Maybe if he could learn some skills to better detect lies? I'm grasping at straws but it might help.
Thanks for grasping on my behalf. I think his solution is to not trust me. I can't say I blame him.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by 6yearsleft
Oh I wanted to comment on your H's crying. Personally, I think that is a good sign. He is grieving, it is sad to him. If he was stone cold that would be worrisome and weird.
That scene that's locked in my brain happened back in November. He's shed a few tears since, but not as often and nothing like that Sunday morning. Not that I've witnessed anyway.

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by lildoggie
Nothing to add, just hug
Thanks, Lil. I love your hug.

L
OP Offline
L
If you did a session with the Harley's, asked H if he would be willing to be in the same room during your session and put the phone on speaker...
I just got to thinking .... is this a DJ ?
If it is, is there a way to not make it one?...

Anyone have thoughts?
I think I'm going to tell H that I'm going to do another session using my sister's gift money, and I'll invite him to join me. I'm doubting he'll say yes, but it's doesn't hurt to ask.

V
V
That was a short fest ???

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Flint
YOU are responsible for your A and your part of the marriage...

NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAS GONE WRONG IN HIS LIFE!!!

YOU MUST RESPECT YOURSELF OR HE WILL NOT EITHER!!!

THERE ARE BOUNDARIES FOR YOU WITH YOUR H THAT HE MUST RESPECT.
What I consider boundaries, H has often construed as me being difficult, stubborn, or selfish.

HE CANNOT CONTINUE TO BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!
But I can't control if he chooses to do this.

Take responsibility for YOUR part...
Done and continue to do.

NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAS GONE WRONG IN HIS LIFE!!!
I don't blame myself for everything. But I haven't been telling him this.

Once again I remind you that YOU said the resentment is building and I want you to remember that ALL of that has to be removed before your relationship can begin to heal...
I know.

Why are you letting the pile get higher and higher before doing something about it???
Because I don't want to make waves. I want to be the happy L4 that H wants to be with and love again.

On StayTogether's thread this very thing is being discussed... When I tell H how I feel about something, if it differs from how he feels about it, my feelings are wrong. He used to get angry, belittle me, or dismiss me. For so long I felt like my feelings were invalid so I'm gun shy based on past experience.

I know what you're saying is true, Jim. And I know I have to do this. But it's hard to take this position when I'm trying to do anything to not rock the boat. It's trying to discover that balance... Standing up for myself with a man who has put me down in the past when I've done so -- and not upsetting him.

What you have been trying has not helped with the resentment aspect...
I've been keeping my mouth shut for the sake of my H's healing, feeling that it's not fair to put my burdens and concerns on his shoulders.

The most important one for you right now is to regain your H respect...
Agreed. How do I do this? How do I stand up and respect myself when I get the strong impression that H doesn't want me to. I don't know this.

Call the Harley's.
Will do.

It may have a silver lining...
I agree. I've been encouraging H to do something about his job, about changing his lott for 7 years now. This could be a good thing.

He MAY wind up NEEDING YOU...
Dang, that'd be nice.

Giving you a chance to take care of him and be there for him when he desperately needs someone both financially and emotionally to support him...
I have been. I wasn't last year when I was having my affair and certainly not last summer when I was in withdrawal and questioning my M. Otherwise I have always supported my H and whatever he has wanted to do for himself and our family financially. Again, I can live on generic soup if need be and especially if it means we're happy.

Sometimes things happen for a reason...
Thanks, Jim

L
OP Offline
L
That was a short fest ???
Ahhhh... You know not of what you speak, my friend.

Those Mr. Flint posts take time. wink

V
V
no crap, I just finished reading ....
are you up for a bit yet?

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
L4: "H, I have decided that I need to speak with Steve H and am planning to do it on (name some dates) I am looking to continue working on our marriage, and helping to fix SO MANY things that I broke. I would love for you to at least, join me while I have the conversation. You do not have to say anything, but please join me to listen on the speakerphone."

Then let him decide. You working on yourself is a good thing.
Thank you, LG. I'll try this approach.

L
OP Offline
L
...are you up for a bit yet?
Yep. It's very late for you, isn't it?

V
V
Originally Posted by Looking4
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
L4: "H, I have decided that I need to speak with Steve H and am planning to do it on (name some dates) I am looking to continue working on our marriage, and helping to fix SO MANY things that I broke. I would love for you to at least, join me while I have the conversation. You do not have to say anything, but please join me to listen on the speakerphone."

Then let him decide. You working on yourself is a good thing.
Thank you, LG. I'll try this approach.
I really like this approach by LG

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

V
V
It's 3:24 in the am.
We got back about 1:30, went out to dinner with some friends, then back to their place for drinks, they live around the corner.

Celebrated a 'bull' night tonight!

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

V
V
We all got looking through some archives, he loves to keep old photos etc.

I was reading this letter dated 1884, from a cousin of the person who lived in this guy's house at the time.
It was fascinating! Anyway this cousin was from Chicago, I was thinking about Mark as I was reading since he mentions that he is from there.
The letter speaks of a railroad coming in the next year going from Chicago to Fox River and then in the next year to Root River. I hope I have the names of these rivers right, I've been drinking remember.
It also mentions that the population of Chicago is 16,000.
There was more in the letter but it would take me to long to type it, but it was so cool to read.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

S
S
go to bed you lot!!!!

V
V
Who you calling lot???

Hey ST, we ate at a Scottish pub tonight.
I know you aren't Scottish, but have you ever had mushy peas?
Funny, I was thinking about you funny talkers tonight too. laugh
The mushy peas reminded me of by new babies diaper changes rotflmao
but they were good

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

S
S
mushy peas eh? I like mushy pea fritter but not mushy peas by themself.

J comes form Midlnads/north England -his mum and dad have mushy peas lots. Don't get so much down here in the south

Sounds like you had a great night V!

L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Zelmo
I can understand why your H is upset about the cheating from 16 years ago. I would imagine he feels you tricked him inot marrying you and he has lived a lie all these years. Essentially, you took a good portion of his life away.
He has said as much, yes.

Is it possible that he suspected, on some level, the cheating from back then and that could explain his behavior toward you all these years?
I don't think so. We had some really great years.

Do you think, had he known , he would have agreed to marry you?
He wouldn't have married me. At least I didn't think so at the time which is why I selfishly never told him. And he's told me that he wouldn't have had he known. Someone here once said that we don't KNOW what would have happened, but I lean toward him having dumped me.

I know you have said something along the lines of you being the last person people would believe to be unfaithful. But, really, I am unclear whether you subscribe to this belief, as well.
I do. I supposedly learned my lesson after degrading myself and disrespecting H nearly 17 years ago. I lived a life of honesty and tired to make up for my lies that H didn't know about by not standing up for myself with him and no boundaries -- in essence letting myself become a doormat.

Two affairs, essentially serial cheating , is often too much for a person to bear.
I can't even imagine.

I hope your husband considers getting some help from a counselor. He has been terribly abused and needs someone to talk to.
You, me, and most everyone else here agrees.

Thanks, Zelmo.

Page 63 of 95 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation