Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dawnn Offline OP
OP Offline
D

This you know

Heart to heart
its all been said.

The heart rules
the brain
not the head.

Do i love you?
this is so.

Heart to heart
this you know.

-Roy Storey

D
Dawnn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Cold Autumn Days

Beautiful pictures you paint. Leaves gold and red. Quiet woods, I imagine only the soft sound of birds reach my ear, or a small animal that rustles in the fallen brush. What peace. A long walk, no need to track the time. It's all just right, the perfect stream. I breathe deep, I can almost smell the smoke from a fire, welcome in the fresh air. If only to be able to live in this place. To be calm, at rest, the cares of the world far away. I wonder, looking ahead down the path, will I see you walking toward me? This is where the dream ends... or where it begins... on a cold autumn day.

Last edited by Dawnn; 10/28/09 09:07 AM.
D
Dawnn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
While raking leaves, I notice the golds and reds have faded to brown and I stop for a moment because I am tired. The sun is warmer today, it makes me smile, just a little bit. I remember so many fall days like this, when love was fresh and new. Still the love remains, it has not changed, it does not seem to fade like the leaves brilliant tones have. It only moved into something deeper, softer, more still. So, I stop a little while and just remember the electric magic of those first days and weeks. I allow myself this sometimes. This moment to lose myself in that place, in those feelings. I know today is where I am, but it is nice to remember, nice to feel it all again.

L
L
Nice thoughts there Dawnn - you always do write such heartfelt things that seem to come deep from the soul.

I couldn't help but think about your leaf writing - how new leaves, every season burst forth full of new life. Over time, their colors do change into a beautiful, vibrant and rich color scheme which is always breath taking. But then, I don't really see the leaves 'dying/decaying'. Rather, as I like to think, they simply 'transition', so to speak. They settle into the soil and become future fertilizer for the next season of new leaves.

A transitional cycle, if I may. Seasons are really quite a marvelous part of nature, knowing they will always return. Things don't change, they just take on new phases, but beneath it all, everything remains the same. Or so I like to think.
:-)

D
Dawnn Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello my dear friend Lighthouse, it is always good to see you here! I've been keeping up with your blog but have not gotten around to sending you a note. smile

Thank you for your thoughts and insight. You know I really do appreciate the idea of phases, as opposed to 'change'. There is so much about the word 'change' that can leave one feeling sad, looking back and searching for something that is feared lost. Seasons do always return so we can visit them again, you are right. It puts a much brighter light on any transition taking place - like the leaves.

Well, I am finished raking for this year, so it is soon on to decorating for Christmas and I'll likely have a bunch to say/think about that. smile

It's a romantic time of year for me, so I use this outlet to express those thoughts. Maybe, I should be wise and set up my own blog so as to not bother others with my deep thoughts... lol... I'll keep you posted on that, but thanks again for tossing your ideas in. smile

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving - from what I gathered it sounds like you are 'kicking off' the season with a great start! Have fun - I look forward to hearing about your adventures. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation