Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2265791 10/27/09 04:30 PM
A
OP Offline
A
So my bestie just got married in June, and instead of being in the "honeymoon" phase she and her H have been having a few problems. One of the problems is that in the past couple months, her H's sexual appitite has decreased and they barely have sex anymore. She said yesterday he rejeced her trying to give him oral. She feels hurt, rejected, and confused. I am just as confused, cuz I've never heard of a man not wanting oral. IDK what to tell her, so I told her I'd ask on the forum... What do ya'll make of this???

She asked him for an explaination and he wont give her one and the last time she tried to talk to him about it he blew up and said she's making a big deal over nothing and hung up on her.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
WH deployed March '08-March '09
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
S
S
Could he be experiencing some EDF and be to embarrassed to tell her?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
D
D
Originally Posted by armywifie
So my bestie just got married in June, and instead of being in the "honeymoon" phase she and her H have been having a few problems. One of the problems is that in the past couple months, her H's sexual appitite has decreased and they barely have sex anymore. She said yesterday he rejeced her trying to give him oral. She feels hurt, rejected, and confused. I am just as confused, cuz I've never heard of a man not wanting oral. IDK what to tell her, so I told her I'd ask on the forum... What do ya'll make of this???

She asked him for an explaination and he wont give her one and the last time she tried to talk to him about it he blew up and said she's making a big deal over nothing and hung up on her.

I CAN CONFIRM I HAVE NEVER TURNED IT DOWN!! SOMETHINGS "UP"??!! Oops, FREUDIAN SLIP!

Yeah, I think a guy would only turn it down if they A) had an STD or B) just had sex w/ someone else. DUDE

J
J
Why does he have to be up to something? maybe he was tired or simply wasnt in the mood. Just because he rejected oral doesnt mean he is cheating.

K
K
I have many male friends (none of them are married, thank you) and this subject came up once during a movie.

They said the only reasons they ever rejected something was:

1. They hadn't bathed in the last day or two and didn't want to try this while, um, dirty.
2. They weren't in the mood. Men aren't 24-hours-ready.

But that's unmarried guys. He probably wasn't in the mood. I agree that just because he rejects it doesn't mean he's cheating.

But his blowing up at her, THAT hints he is cheating.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
T
T
Originally Posted by karmasrose
I have many male friends (none of them are married, thank you) and this subject came up once during a movie.

They said the only reasons they ever rejected something was:

1. They hadn't bathed in the last day or two and didn't want to try this while, um, dirty.
2. They weren't in the mood. Men aren't 24-hours-ready.

But that's unmarried guys. He probably wasn't in the mood. I agree that just because he rejects it doesn't mean he's cheating.

But his blowing up at her, THAT hints he is cheating.

Sorry, I can't think of one good reason to deny such an advance......

If I'm not 24-hours-ready, maybe it's more like 23-hours-45-minutes ready.

And if it the offer presented itself during that super-small window, I sure as heck wouldn't blow a gasket over it. Well, not if I ever wanted to see the offer made again...........

TB

G
G
stressful job?
recent weight gain as a result of new brides cooking resulting in poor feelings of body image
high cholesterol

lots of reason men may experience ED or having issues with sex.

L
L
AW:

It's the "honeymoon" phase.

Since June.

Either there is someone else out there, or your "Bestie" isn't all that. What do you think?

Seriously, 4 months in, and this? How long were they dating?

If she is having difficulties like this now, this relationship is doomed. Might as well invite her here to learn more about herself, and maybe her issues in he marraige can be addressed.

LG

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks everyone...

~IDK about ED. He's only 26. She said he can get hard, but he just seems unintersted in sex. She has to initiate it.

~DUDE, another friend of ours said the exact same thing.

~How could he not be in the mood? She started licking it and he pushed her away.

~He hasn't gained weight,but she has.

~They were dating a year before they got married.

~He has only been acting uninterested the past couple months. Before, they had sex more often.

~Also, he told her he doesn't want oral ever again and she should be glad to not have to do it, not upset. WTF???

IDK guys... The first year me and my H were married, we were all over eachother. We did it every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I've never had a man reject oral. My friend said she hasn't either, until now. This seems really srange to me. I dont want to think he's cheating, but...

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
Z
Z
Lots of possibilities other than cheating. It is a sign , especially the blowing up, that there is something wrong between them. I would not jump to the cheating conclusion based on this alone. Work stress, marital dischord,fatigue-just a whole litany of possibilities.

A
OP Offline
A
ooops I guess he did gain weight too.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
T
T
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Lots of possibilities other than cheating. It is a sign , especially the blowing up, that there is something wrong between them. I would not jump to the cheating conclusion based on this alone. Work stress, marital dischord,fatigue-just a whole litany of possibilities.

Since we're exploring possibilities, any chance he's gay?

L
L
Afraid of babies so early into marriage?

d-Day- jan2006
Me 38, WH, 36
Children-8 and 10
M
M

Physical Attractiveness may be his #1 EN. To be blunt, has your BF "let herself go" after M? This could leave a H leaving like he was duped, if not very frustrated.

I would also suggest that your BF make herself a little less "available" to her H for the moment, if you know what I mean. Trying to push for more SF when he's apparently not interested is likely to make matters a lot worse.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
D
D
Thanks everyone...

~IDK about ED. He's only 26. She said he can get hard, but he just seems unintersted in sex. She has to initiate it.

~DUDE, another friend of ours said the exact same thing.

~How could he not be in the mood? She started licking it and he pushed her away.

~They were dating a year before they got married.

~He has only been acting uninterested the past couple months. Before, they had sex more often.

~Also, he told her he doesn't want oral ever again and she should be glad to not have to do it, not upset. WTF???

IDK guys... The first year me and my H were married, we were all over eachother. We did it every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I've never had a man reject oral. My friend said she hasn't either, until now. This seems really srange to me. I dont want to think he's cheating, but...

I've turned down booty before, NEVER A BJ!! It ain't happenen...DUDE

D
D
OGawd Dude, I now know far too much about you than I ever wanted to.

BTW AW: The only time the Wookie wouldn't was when he was doin' the tart.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
What was he like before they married? Did they marry virgins (I did - amazingly some still do), because she wouldn't have had any idea about how it would be if that's the case. Unfortunately, there are some straight men out there who don't care that much about SF. I know it's hard to fathom, but it is true. And yes, pushing them about it makes it worse. There are a lot of variables. If she called him once and mentioned it and he blew up, bug red flag. If she had been trying to "talk about it" from the moment it happened until he blew up, a little different.

I can completely understand why it would be easy to jump straight from "no thanks" and a temper tantrum to an affair, but it may not be the case.

If she has gained weight and it's a problem, he needs to tell her. If they have both gained weight, he needs to shut up until he loses some smile

D
D
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
OGawd Dude, I now know far too much about you than I ever wanted to.

BTW AW: The only time the Wookie wouldn't was when he was doin' the tart.

Hey, we're still friends though, right? I just have to be honest on here. DUDE

I
I
Is he loving and caring in other ways?
Is he also military? Recently deployed?
Lots of un-accounted-for time?
Secretive?
We all know the signs of an A, and we also know the signs of when someone is secretly gay.
Is he taking anti-depressants that cause a drop in libido?
Is he physically abusive at all? You said he "blew up." What does that mean, exactly?

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
T
T
Originally Posted by TBinLB
Since we're exploring possibilities, any chance he's gay?
EXACTLY my first thought.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation