Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
There are so many rational and non rational expectations about married life, quite frankly freeks some newlyweds out.

It is quite normal after a serious lifestyle change, for a person to feel disenchanted. I remember thinking "Is this IT?!?" for awhile, but that was my own reasoning--

Girls are often taught that married life is the only life and magically the ring will erase all your problems. (Ugly stepsisters, poverty and the like)

He is a pup (26). Thinks he knows it all. I doubt that he has a clue. He does need to discuss this with his wife and or physician and or religious leader.

Art there any chidren step or otherwise in this scenario?

Last edited by barbiecat; 10/28/09 10:23 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
I
I
Did they have an active sex life prior to the M? Can't remember if you answered that already.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
C
C
His action do not sound off the A horn, but warrant a watchful eye for other signs.

The possibility he is homosexual!? I guess it's possible, but what reason does someone have to knowingly dupe a woman in to M if he is homosexual? Is she rich? Did she get pregnant and he felt obligated to M? It just seems to be a VERY low percentage reason to me...

Has she outright asked him what is wrong?

Maybe he does not like her to be agressive regarding SF? I would suggest she try being alluring without persuing. i.e. walk around wearing something that would turn him on (which doesn't have to mean Victorias Secret). For me... When my W would wear one of my T-shirts and a pair a panties around the house, she could have been carrying a basket of laundry... I was watching.

Men are visual. Take advantage of that. Taunt him, but leave it to him to initiate. What features about her got him worked up when they were dating? Have her accentuate that visual simulation without saying a word.

Maybe change things up. Does she sleep nude? It does not have to be announced. Let him figure it out on his own!

-JKT

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by TBinLB
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Lots of possibilities other than cheating. It is a sign , especially the blowing up, that there is something wrong between them. I would not jump to the cheating conclusion based on this alone. Work stress, marital dischord,fatigue-just a whole litany of possibilities.

Since we're exploring possibilities, any chance he's gay?

I highly doubt it. As far as I know, he's only been with women, and he doesn't seem gay at all.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
WH deployed March '08-March '09
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
Originally Posted by armywifie
~He hasn't gained weight,but she has.

Physical Attractiveness may be his #1 EN. To be blunt, has your BF "let herself go" after M? This could leave a H leaving like he was duped, if not very frustrated.

I would also suggest that your BF make herself a little less "available" to her H for the moment, if you know what I mean. Trying to push for more SF when he's apparently not interested is likely to make matters a lot worse.

You coud be right... maybe physical attraciveness is his #1 EN... She has gained a lot since the wedding... She does push for more SF and it is making things worse. I'll suggest to her to calm down a bit.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
What was he like before they married? Did they marry virgins (I did - amazingly some still do), because she wouldn't have had any idea about how it would be if that's the case. Unfortunately, there are some straight men out there who don't care that much about SF. I know it's hard to fathom, but it is true. And yes, pushing them about it makes it worse. There are a lot of variables. If she called him once and mentioned it and he blew up, bug red flag. If she had been trying to "talk about it" from the moment it happened until he blew up, a little different.

I can completely understand why it would be easy to jump straight from "no thanks" and a temper tantrum to an affair, but it may not be the case.

If she has gained weight and it's a problem, he needs to tell her. If they have both gained weight, he needs to shut up until he loses some smile

No,they didn't marry virgins. They had SF while they were dating, and also have been with others in past relationships. And she kept tying to talk about it all day before he blew up.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by lostwillow
Afraid of babies so early into marriage?

Don't think so.. they say they want to have a baby together.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
M
M
You coud be right... maybe physical attraciveness is his #1 EN... She has gained a lot since the wedding...

IOW, she's "let herself go". If PhysA is his #1 EN, at best the H must be feeling frustrated, and at worst he must be feeling that he was duped into M'ing your best friend.

Suggest to your BF that she start an exercise routine, give up the donuts and concentrate on being "alluring" rather than "attacking". Her H may soon come around smile.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by imanotherone
Is he loving and caring in other ways?
Is he also military? Recently deployed?
Lots of un-accounted-for time?
Secretive?
We all know the signs of an A, and we also know the signs of when someone is secretly gay.
Is he taking anti-depressants that cause a drop in libido?
Is he physically abusive at all? You said he "blew up." What does that mean, exactly?

I'd have to talk to my friend to answer all your questions, but the answers I can give are:
No, not military... he was unemployed since a few months before the wedding, and got a job a couple weeks ago. She has always worked full time.
No anti-deps, and no physical abuse. When I say he blew up, I mean he went from a normal tone, to an angry tone and then hung up on my friend because he had guests over (she was at work) and didnt want to be rude by being on the phone.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
F
F
Originally Posted by turtlehead
Originally Posted by TBinLB
Since we're exploring possibilities, any chance he's gay?
EXACTLY my first thought.
Mine, too

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by barbiecat
There are so many rational and non rational expectations about married life, quite frankly freeks some newlyweds out.

It is quite normal after a serious lifestyle change, for a person to feel disenchanted. I remember thinking "Is this IT?!?" for awhile, but that was my own reasoning--

Girls are often taught that married life is the only life and magically the ring will erase all your problems. (Ugly stepsisters, poverty and the like)

He is a pup (26). Thinks he knows it all. I doubt that he has a clue. He does need to discuss this with his wife and or physician and or religious leader.

Art there any chidren step or otherwise in this scenario?

Yes, he has a 1 &1/2 year old son from a previous relationship.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by ComingAbout
His action do not sound off the A horn, but warrant a watchful eye for other signs.

The possibility he is homosexual!? I guess it's possible, but what reason does someone have to knowingly dupe a woman in to M if he is homosexual? Is she rich? Did she get pregnant and he felt obligated to M? It just seems to be a VERY low percentage reason to me...

Has she outright asked him what is wrong?

Maybe he does not like her to be agressive regarding SF? I would suggest she try being alluring without persuing. i.e. walk around wearing something that would turn him on (which doesn't have to mean Victorias Secret). For me... When my W would wear one of my T-shirts and a pair a panties around the house, she could have been carrying a basket of laundry... I was watching.

Men are visual. Take advantage of that. Taunt him, but leave it to him to initiate. What features about her got him worked up when they were dating? Have her accentuate that visual simulation without saying a word.

Maybe change things up. Does she sleep nude? It does not have to be announced. Let him figure it out on his own!

-JKT

Good questions! I dont know the answers, but those are good suggestions and I will tell her what you say.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
I
I
He had guests over while she was working. What kind of guests? Why wasn't he out looking for a new job? I think this whole work situation could be trouble. Did the issue start around the time of either his unemployment or his new job?
Why did he lose his last job? Is there something else going on, maybe your friend hasn't confronted?
Just some ideas to consider...

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
F
F
What is his R like with the mother of the small child.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
You coud be right... maybe physical attraciveness is his #1 EN... She has gained a lot since the wedding...

IOW, she's "let herself go". If PhysA is his #1 EN, at best the H must be feeling frustrated, and at worst he must be feeling that he was duped into M'ing your best friend.

Suggest to your BF that she start an exercise routine, give up the donuts and concentrate on being "alluring" rather than "attacking". Her H may soon come around smile.

Good thinking! I'm definitely going to tell her what you said! I wonder if she even knows what his #1 EN is... Maybe I'll also tell her about the EN quetonnaire.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by imanotherone
He had guests over while she was working. What kind of guests? Why wasn't he out looking for a new job? I think this whole work situation could be trouble. Did the issue start around the time of either his unemployment or his new job?
Why did he lose his last job? Is there something else going on, maybe your friend hasn't confronted?
Just some ideas to consider...

Hmmm... IDK what kind of guests... but I said he just got a new job a couple weeks ago. I guess he had the day off? He lot his last job because of budget cuts, I think. The issue started a couple months ago. I know she has been frustrated the whole time he was unemployed. He was glad to stay home and collect unemployment and that p*ssd her off. His unemployment ran out right before the new job.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
C
C

Suggest to your BF that she start an exercise routine, give up the donuts and concentrate on being "alluring" rather than "attacking". Her H may soon come around
I completely agree. Especially in your 20s.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by faithful follower
What is his R like with the mother of the small child.

My friend says they all get along really well for the sake of the child. She said her H was only with the mother for a few months and found out she was pregnant right after they broke up.

Me,BS age 24
WH age 23
DD age 3,DS age 2
4 affairs
Plan A/B~complicated
I filed D 8/4/09
C
C
When I say he blew up, I mean he went from a normal tone, to an angry tone and then hung up on my friend because he had guests over (she was at work) and didnt want to be rude by being on the phone.
Did he say those exact words, or was SHE making that assumption?

Also, what is their work schedule like? When is he home alone without her?

C
C
Maybe I'll also tell her about the EN quetonnaire.
Wait! Don't send her down that path until she has done the Love Buster questionnaire!

If she is doing things he doesn't like - and that's almost a 100% certainty since they just got married and are still getting used to being together (giving up old habits, fighting over habits, etc.) - those LBs will drain ANY ENs she meets faster than she can fill them.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation