Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2266910 10/29/09 12:42 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Hi...I have alot goin on and I'm not sure what to do.

I have been married for 9 months now and I have a son that is due on Christmas. My wife and I have been seperated the better part of that.

We have major major problems. She lets her ex husband willfully interfere with our marriage. When I have expressed my discontent with this she gets angry and says that he isn't. She has 3 kids with this guy. So last summer she asks me if its ok if they go on vacation with the kids to Colorado. I said sure thinking to myself "hey this is just as wrong as me asking if its ok if I put an ad up on an online dating site...but if she doesn't know the difference then ok sure knock yourself out". I couldn't believe she had the balls to ask me, even after her family told her this is way wrong. I have lost track of the times she threw her wedding ring at me. When we have a confrontation she curses and swears at me in some of the worst ways so I end up walking out. I look at it as giving it time to cool off. She looks at it as I'm abandoning her. I just don't like dealing with that after all I've given her. There was one night that I surprised her at the gym, all dressed up, with a card and flowers. All I got from that was that her friends say that I walk like I have an attitude problem.

I express that I am sick and tired of her acting more like a wife to her ex than she has to me. She has kicked me out of my own house because its not in my nature to be walked all over. She says that I need to submit to her in every way. And I will not stand by and get kicked in the balls over and over. Take for example, I remodeled my son's room. She threatened to have her ex work on it because I am "slower than molasses in January." I told her no, my son, I do the work, I do not want him even stepping foot in it. Well guess what, she had him do some work in there. She couldn't even honor or give me the respect of my request.

I am seriously conflicted. I married this sweet loving girl. And now I have satan's daughter. Do I just need to let go?

C
C
"She says that I need to submit to her in every way."

She doesn't want a husband she wants a slave.

Why do you let her treat you this way?

Woman do not respect men the can dominate. It is obvious that she has no respect for you at all as a man.

Why do you want to be in this marriage?

I suggest you do a cost-benefit analysis: split a sheet of paper length-wise, in the left-side column write what is good about this marriage; on the right what isn't. I bet I can guess which side is going to be the longest.

What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. ~ John Ruskin
O
OP Offline
O
I refuse to let her dominate me. Its not in me and its not how I was raised.

The ex, now that's a whole different can of worms. She can kick him in the balls and he will still keep coming back for more. He is not a man.

And you are right, I don't even need to sit down with a piece of paper. I have the divorce petition in the pocket of my sweatshirt. My parents keep asking me what's holding me back, and to be honest I don't know. This is costing me more fincially and emotionally than what I can stand. Its knife after knife in my back.

She has ripped my self esteem apart to the point where I feel worthless. She is a master at manipulation and destroying people.

Does she not think that I won't file for divorce? Seems like she's pushing me to it. Its like one big poker game, and I'm sick of playing.

Last edited by onestepcloser22; 10/30/09 04:16 PM.
C
C
How old is she?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation