Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I was raised on Archie comics. I used to love Betty and Veronica, too. I don't know if you know this, but Archie chose Veronica and married her in an October 2009 issue. Time elapse, they now have twins.

If I understand this, Archie just got engaged to Betty in episode #2! (2 of 6!) Yup, even in comic book land, he is still at his time, married to Veronica, with twin babies.

I even went to the website to check. On the blogs there are hundreds of girls cheering for Betty, hoping for a divorce of the "which" Veronica.

Even if this storyline winds up a "dream sequence" --what a terrible example for kids this American tradition to set forth.

Phhhhhhhht! Down with Archie Andrews!
Do we even have to have our children subject to this?

grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
P
P
If what you say is true, it doesn�t really surprise me. Veronica and Reggie were always narcissists. Betty wasn�t as pretty but she had character. I didn�t know Archie married Veronica but then it�s been about 40 years since I actually bought a comic book so I�m not really up on current events. Too bad. An accident waiting to happen. If Archie chose Veronica, it was for her looks. I�m guessing twins took their toll. Comic book stretch marks, kids howling. He went back to what he knew was right all along � his soul mate. BTW � what�s Jughead up to?

I
I
I never liked that Archie. I guess he was wayward all along....

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
O
O
WHAT? I always rooted for Betty. She was so loyal to Archie who was an idiot! I figured that Reggie and Veronica would wind up with each other and Archie and Betty would find love. How disappointing. And now...now? Archie chooses Betty? If she's smart, she'll send him packing right back out the door.

**I can't believe I'm going on like this over comic book characters***

M
M
LOL - you guys are crazy smile

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
O
O
Wait guys. I just read the blog. The way I understand it is that Archie married Veronica. Then in an alternate existence kind of way, the next issue goes back to Archie pre-marriage and writes the story that would have happened if he had proposed to Betty instead. At least, I think that's what happened. The blog was kind of hard to follow.

D
D
Am I the only one who reads REAL comics like X-Men?

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
B
OP Offline
B
I loved the Archies! I sent all my nieces at some point- subscriptions to Betty and Veronica comics.

The comic book company is setting up a scenario deliberately>sp? raising the issue of Archie leaving Veronica and going with Betty. (75% of fans voted for Archie to marry Betty- BTW!)

If this is a real storyline or just a "dream issue" it is just a reflection of the drama, drama, drama that seems to be the crux of many WS lifestyle.

P.S. Juggie is on assistance and sharing a house with Shaggy and Scoob.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation