Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2279604 11/28/09 05:45 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Plan daughter, that is laugh

She was born Thursday morning. We had your classic mad dash to the hospital - the first two had to be induced and DW wanted to do this one "on her own". She made it in time to get the epidural, which she was VERY happy about!

DD is bigger than her brothers were when they were born. I'd always wanted big moose-type kids, but the daughter wasn't supposed to be the moose! I guess that's just how things were supposed to work out.

We're home from the hospital now and everyone is doing fine. Since we live in north Texas, in lieu of a baby registry we're registered with Aqua Net, in anticipation of the future...

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
M
M
Congratulations!! Another Texan has been born! hurray

Another Aquanet customer! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
So that's why you hadn't noticed my post to you on the 101 forum!

I'm okay with another Texan being born. Congratulations!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
dance2.....this is you now....

Nooo......this is you in 2 yrs

dramaqueen.....this is DD in 13yrs

grin grin grin

CONGRADULATIONS BB......Of course, if you ask me, this bit of news should be shared on a higher traffic forum....

not2fun

C
C
Congratulations!

P
P
Many Blessings

T
T
Congratulations! Daughters are truly an awesome experience. smile

P.S. What the heck is Aqua Net?

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
N
N
Congratulations, bitbucket!

Aqua Net is the preferred hairspray to get the Texas beehive. I remember watching the Cheetah Girls Disney movie years ago with my girls, and the character from Texas was named Aquanetta.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
B
B
Sounds like you got a real gift on Thanksgiving morning and a butterball. smile A moose-type children? LOL

Congrats.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
OP Offline
B
I swear my two year old gained ten pounds while we were in the hospital!

Poor thing has GERD, just like her brothers did. At least we knew what to look for after going through it with the first one - we got her a prescription for prevacid at her one week checkup, keep her upright after feedings, that sort of thing. At least the doctor didn't argue with us; we were expecting to have to slug it out with him but he didn't bat an eye.

I have the whole month of December off, which has been wonderful because I need to reconnect with my wife and kids after being on the road 120+ days this year for work. I've been looking for a new job but it's slow right now.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
B
OP Offline
B
So I guess the thread about my dad was lost in the Great Collapse. I'm just getting sad because Father's Day is coming up, and that's the day he passed last year.

Normally we would have gone to Kansas on Memorial Day to decorate family grave sites, but we were helping my sister move that weekend so we didn't go. I guess I don't feel much like celebrating Father's Day this year...in some ways I'd prefer it to pass unnoticed.

The good news is I got a job with my old company and start next month. A research project finally got its government funding so they're bringing me back as the project lead. I can stay in the DFW area and work remotely, with just a couple days of travel every month instead of the hamster wheel I was on last year.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
G
G
Once again, I'm so sorry Bit. The whole death stuff really stinks, at least for those of us left behind. One thing I've found is that usually I dread those "special days" more then they warrant. On the other hand, sometimes, it feels right to mourn and commemerate the person that has gone before us. Either way, I'll say a prayer for you.

Hey, I went to SMU for a year and a half. I was eating a doughnut today and suddenly remembered that there was a bakery near Highland Park that made something called a doughnut cake. It was a giant doughnut that they frosted like a cake. Fabulous. I'm not sure if you're in Dallas, Fort Worth or between. But I had to share that memory.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks GG. You were really supportive in the first weeks after my dad passed and I appreciate that.

This is the next to last 'special day' that will be a first without him...y'know? We got through the boys' birthdays okay, and Thanksgiving and Christmas and Memorial Day. My mom got through Valentines and Mothers Day, and their 51st anniversary would have been on 1 June. Last one after this is the Fourth of July...he was retired army, extremely patriotic, and loved going to fireworks shows.

The birth of our daughter and her first few weeks were tough. I had really wanted him to see her. I mean, I believe that he can see her, but it's not the same as him actually being in the room with us, y'know?

Last year was awful. I was on the road 127 days, my wife was pregnant and essentially a single mom while I was gone, my dad passed and my marriage almost flew apart. This year has been a lot better because I haven't been traveling.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
G
G
Hi, BB. I'm just checking in. I remembered to say a prayer for you on Father's Day. I hope some good energy came. I'll definitely remember on Independence Day. That's my favorite holiday and for some reason it always makes me think of my grandmother.

I do think your father is watching his youngest grandaughter, but you're right. For us, it doesn't feel the same at all. I think of all the stuff Mike is missing out on and I feel so sorry for him. I know God has a plan, and I do trust that plan... most of the time.

The second year is easier, but not always. I'm sure you find this. All of a sudden you're right back where you were before in pain. I personally still find it hard to imagine Mike as being dead. Dead doesn't register. Alive somewhere I can't get to is the only thing that makes sense on a gut level.

Take care.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,039 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation