Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
OP Offline
M
Well it sure has been some time that I have visited these pages. I�m an old pro from back in the day who survived my wife�s infidelity. D-day was more than 6 years ago. I listened and learned from the real experts here and thank goodness I did because my married life is solidly on track. It�s been that way for a very long time. You too can repair a broken marriage, BELIEVE IT!

Now to the topic of this thread, I�ve been following the Tiger Woods story primarily because I love the game of golf, and also because I know a fair amount about infidelity and how to fix it.

Today, Tiger issued an apology on his website. It was a kind of veiled apology as he never said what he was apologizing for. It appears now that he has been involved in multiple affairs during the past four years. He has undoubtedly deeply disappointed millions of fans but as we all know that pales in comparison to the hurt and damage that he has perpetuated to Elin, his wife, not only through his acts of adultery but also in the way that those acts publically humiliated Elin. There are two small children, the youngest born last February.

Can his marriage be saved? What actions should he take privately with Elin and publically with his fans?

Last edited by Mr. Goodstuff; 12/02/09 12:51 PM.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
D
D
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
Well it sure has been some time that I have visited these pages. I�m an old pro from back in the day who survived my wife�s infidelity. D-day was more than 6 years ago. I listened and learned from the real experts here and thank goodness I did because my married life is solidly on track. It�s been that way for a very long time. You too can repair a broken marriage, BELIEVE IT!

Now to the topic of this thread, I�ve been following the Tiger Woods story primarily because I love the game of golf, and also because I know a fair amount about infidelity and how to fix it.

Today, Tiger issued an apology on his website. It was a kind of veiled apology as he never said what he was apologizing for. It appears now that he has been involved in multiple affairs during the past four years. He has undoubtedly deeply disappointed millions of fans but as we all know that pales in comparison to the hurt and damage that he has perpetuated to Elin, his wife, not only through his acts of adultery but also in the way that those acts publically humiliated Elin. There are two small children, the youngest born last February.

Can his marriage be saved? What actions should he take privately with Elin and publically with his fans?

HE is probably paying a PR firm $1 mil right now to devise such a plan. I'm out til he pays me for it! DUDE

M
M
Tiger's apologizing alright - because he got caught! puke

What happens now, as we know, is totally up to Elin.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

T
T
First, he needs to spell out his affair(s) and his total responsibility to his BW. He needs to do whatever it takes no matter how it affects his persona and career if he wants to save his marriage. Honestly, I don't know what to think about the idea of him ever gallavanting all over again w/o his wife.

I just wonder how long it will be before they start vilifying Elin to "justify" his cheating the way they did in the Jon and Kate situation. Blame the victim.

B
B
They are talking about a 31 months affair - that's half the time he is married - hope that's not true

Last edited by bestrongforyou; 12/02/09 01:52 PM.

BS:35(me)
WH:32
DS 12/8
OW1: 2004 EA/PA?
ILYBNILWY 4/09
OW2 2008/2009 EA/PA?
Separated: 06/14/09
D-Day: OW3 PA 06/20/09
Am I married to a Serial Cheater?
S
S
The British newspapers are reporting exposes from more than one named woman.

What are you getting over there?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
I
I
I think someone needs to give him the phone # for MB and let him learn how to earn his way out of the doghouse with his family. I hope no one is paying those skanks for their stories. What a bunch of total losers.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
B
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane
The British newspapers are reporting exposes from more than one named woman.

What are you getting over there?

Same...more ballwashers.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
S
Originally Posted by black_raven
Same...more ballwashers.

More what? I've never heard that one before!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
D
D
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by black_raven
Same...more ballwashers.

More what? I've never heard that one before!

Its funny...Trust me..DUDE

M
M
think

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Z
Z
Nice that he can see that his affair partners are so trustworthy(like him sick)
The one OW sold his voicemali tape for a reported 150,000. Classic example of why these affairs seldom work out , long term. Two untrustworthy people.
I loved how he branched off in his apology to espouse his views on the press and privacy. What an idiot, playing the victim card , there.

P
P
Here's a link to ball washers:

http://www.nextag.com/golf-ball-washer/search-html

Ball washers are are at every tee box, you put your ball in it, thrust up and down, and your ball is sparkling clean. Maybe they call the PGA tour groupies Ball Washers?

I thought alot about why athletes and movie stars cheat more than average. I think the big thing is the admiration emotional need. Your spouse sees you at your best and at your worst. The groupies? They over accentuate the best and don't see the worst.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
G
G
I've been thinking about this and I think power feeds the ego. These famous people think they are exempt from life - that they are on a higher plane and are entitled to more in life. Look at the length of lies Tiger put out there before now admitting he needs help. These type of people are the ultimate cakeaters. They want everything and feel they are entitled to it.

Gg

D-Day #1 Aug/2007.
D-Day #2 1/27/12
Legally Separated
J
J
No one slam me for this please, but...

I can at least understand how the rich and famous somehow start to believe they are entitled to more than other people are because of the way people fawn all over them. If enough people fawn all over you, I can see how someone that isn't well grounded could start to think they are better than other people.

What I cannot understand is how someone like my WH thinks he is somehow on that higher plane in life. My WH came from nothing and did not have tons of people fawning all over him - just the OW he now lives with. I cannot understand how the average person can think so highly of themselves and so lowly about the rest of the world.

I am NOT justifying infidelity by the rich and famous - in fact, infidelity is my number one reason why I have always thought that most rich and famous people were useless to the world. They are bad examples to everyone.

BW (me - 45)
WH - 45
2 DDs
Married 20 years, together 25
DDay Spring 2009
WH moves out Summer 2009 and in with OW
Plan A - 4 months
Very dark Plan B Fall 2009
WH files D Summer 2010
Q
Q
Before he can get it "right" with his wife and family he needs to get it "RIGHT" with G-d.

�Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.�
I kinda disagree. In my sitch. I wanted to just simply start over so that the ending would be different.

However, more importantly, the new ending I believe comes from the heart when it's changed and the desire to make amends it there. I don't think that can TRULY happen until the wayward has dealt with himself.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
I can see it now.. "OH Tiger you are so awesome. one of a kind..so gifted..an Icon for young and old..So different."

Its no wonder that with success come entitlement. The Ego spirals out of control. They look for something to make them "happy".

Its true tho hes probably is not as sorry that he did it as he is that he got caught. Yet.. I hope

Real hard for any famous public figure to keep it real when they are driven to succeed and when they get there they have all the perks. If enough people worship you long enough you start to make your own rules.. and excuses

LOL Ballwashers...

Last edited by sortingitout; 12/03/09 01:14 AM.
I
I
He's got the reputation of being a good guy, like my STBX. Eventually, the public will let it slide.

I just watched a string of professional golfers at a press conference at his tournament, repeating the same words he placed on his blog. He made a mistake. It's private. And, I guess, it is. But they are a small sample of what we'll be seeing. No matter how many women pop up, they'll make excuses. David Letterman, anyone?

What should he do next? Take several months to a year off from golf and get into individual counseling and therapy with his wife to figure out what went wrong. Surround himself with men who will keep him accountable, and give the heave-ho to any who may have enabled him.

I have a feeling this would not have happened if his dad were still around...and I have to wonder if his behavior has something to do with his passing.

H
H
The "good ole boy network" is alive and well. And "a mistake"? Like I accidentally missed counting a stroke on that round or my caddy accidentally added another club to my bag or I accidentally shot out of turn??

The "a mistake" line is the biggest crock of **edit**. A one-time, I was drunk, it just happened MAY be a mistake. But an over and over and over again encounter with multiple women??? PLEEEEZE. This is NOT a mistake.

It's many, many willful choices over a long period of time. The only mistake is slipping up and getting caught.

Last edited by Revera; 12/03/09 09:53 AM. Reason: removed profanity
M
M
I imagine that he's had women coming on to him since he became legal(probably long before). His fame didn't happen AFTER he was M. He understood it, was used to it and he got M anyway knowing full well the kind of temptation that was out there. My guess is he just wanted a legit family. I doubt he truly considered that EVERYTHING would have to change. Heck he's TIGER WOODS.

I hope I'm wrong. I liked him. Now he's like all the rest.

And as far as the other PGA guys talking about it...they either have never had it happen to them or they're doing it themselves. Prior to 2005 I probably would not have blinked an eye over this.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation