Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
OP Offline
M
Yes, the article you site tells a detailed story of adultery that is compelling and chilling at the same time. Everybody becomes a victim.

The story of the fall of Tiger Woods will garner more media attention than any in recent memory. I can�t recall a bigger fall since OJ (and Tiger is falling still).

Since you are already incensed watch this video of Tiger the role model.

Tiger Woods and Nike

Comments anyone?

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows," Bob Dylan
M
M
I am hopeful that Tiger will man up and face the music and change his life. None of us are perfect, but character is to be found in how we face our shortcomings and change our lives.

I am in AWE of his little Norwegian wife for not tolerating his disgusting behavior. There is a rumor that the foyer of their home was trashed from the [censored] whooping she gave Tiger. It is obvious she bashed out the back window of their SUV to get at him. Maybe he will learn from that lesson.

One nice thing about all this publicity is that maybe the media and his adoring fans will start holding him accountable when he is on the road. He should be watched like a HAWK from now on. That is in his best interest and the best interest of his marriage.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff
I can�t recall a bigger fall since OJ (and Tiger is falling still).

He can turn this all around. If he would come out and admit what he did, commit to change and ask the public to hold him accountable, he could pick himself back up. The public would respect that. Lots of people fall, but it takes some NADS to stand back up again.

I wonder if his momma knew about this? If so, then shame on her for not caring for her own son.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
F
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I wonder if his momma knew about this? If so, then shame on her for not caring for her own son.
I remember Joe Jackson making horrible excuses for his son's behavior and drug use following Michael's death.

Some parents get on their children's gravy train and simply do not want to disrupt the ride.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
H
H
There are plenty of examples here on this board of parents supporting their wayward child as opposed to the betrayed without being on any gravy train except blood. My ILs chose to support me, their betrayed DIL, and they seem to be the exception to the rule.

Blood is often thicker than water no matter if it's blue or red.

F
F
I find the most irksome the people who say they support you to your face and then treat the WS as if nothing were going on. It's not even false friendship, it's the epitome of fence-straddling.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
OP Offline
M
He can turn this all around. If he would come out and admit what he did, commit to change and ask the public to hold him accountable, he could pick himself back up. The public would respect that. Lots of people fall, but it takes some NADS to stand back up again.

I especially like the part, ��and ask the public to hold him accountable.� That might do the trick. He has all ready issued an apology of sorts on his web site accepting responsibility and admitting to �transgressions�. Unfortunately that was several days ago and a lot more dirt has surfaced in that time. Now his apology appears disingenuous. Lies upon lies, same record we�ve heard a million times.

Many accounts have him cheating through his courtship with Elin right up to a few days ago. Hard to believe he�s going to stop now. His circle of friends that include Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley do not help matters. His caddy Steve Williams also appear to have been an enabler.

I think the correct move (from this far away distance) is for Elin to cut bait. She is only 29 years old and can start anew. The children are young and will have no memory of these events plus she has �crazy� money to forgo the need to have a provider.

I too, am in awe of Elin.

K
K
I salute Elin!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
The kids may have no memory of the events, but with Tiger being -- well, Tiger -- his "transgressions" will live on and on in books and articles and websites forever. The kids will know about their Dad and his "mistakes" eventually.

Noone wants to Google their parents and read about their back seat encounters with a coffee shop waitress or a stripper or a Vegas hostess especially if "dad" is on wife number two, three or four. What I would hope for is that dad makes it right with their mother and nothing else surfaces from this day forward.

That would show their kids and the world that while people make mistakes, they can get their lives and marriages back on course and live happily ever after.

B
B
Elin is brave. I wish the BS's on MB could be as brave as her, there would be far less failed recoveries.

M
M
I am in AWE of his little Norwegian wife for not tolerating his disgusting behavior. There is a rumor that the foyer of their home was trashed from the [censored] whooping she gave Tiger. It is obvious she bashed out the back window of their SUV to get at him. Maybe he will learn from that lesson.

I'm in awe of her too! Did you hear that message Tiger left for one of his bimbos? He was trying to cover his tracks b/c his W was on to him. HE SOUNDED SCARED! He knew if she found out, she was gonna beat his butt.

If she is willing to give him another chance, I'm sure she will hold his feet to the fire and get transparency from him.

M
M
There are stories that Tiger's mother did know what was happening but did nothing to stop it. Gravy train - you betcha.

And there are more and more ho-bags coming out of the Wood-work.

(If you're wondering, I get all my trash from tmz.com. smile )

Frankly, I think Tiger's friends, if he has any, ought to put him on suicide watch. His entire life has just come crashing down in a huge, huge way, and it's an international story that *everyone* knows about. Not many could handle that, especially when they honestly think they're better than everybody else. They will have no humility to cushion the shock.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
C
C
Mr. G, I've noticed a lot of people here have gotten down on Hillary and Bill Clinton. I have seen very close friends of theirs (some not famous) interviewed who have said more than once that they actually do love each other, and recently cited that their love for Chelsie helped them work through the infidelity. I loved when Hillary said the only one who liked him during the Monica period was the dog.

I agree with you that Tiger's W should just cut bait. They haven't being Med long, he's a serial cheater, and he has been cheating for years now. This is a different animal than the run of the mill As. My fear is if she agrees with signing anything that requires her to shut her mouth she might as well kiss even the possibility she will ever have a real M with this man. He can cheat all he wants and she won't be able to expose him. She will be living in her own personal hell with no power. I think she is just being handled now from all of Tiger's peeps. Getting through their issues would require so much work it would be exhausting. Who would want to live in a M having to monitor your spouse's every move? I decided not far after d-day I was not going to live my life having to look over my shoulder constantly. If I couldn't feel trust for my H again I'd rather be alone.

Bubbles wrote:

"Elin is brave. I wish the BS's on MB could be as brave as her, there would be far less failed recoveries."

I have to say that in the 6 years I have been on MB I have met some of the bravest people I have ever known. I have seen BSs as brave if not more so than Elin. However, if you are talking about BSs who allow cake-eating, I have definitely witnessed that too and agree it decreases the likelihood of the A ending.

N
N
I'm not trying to take diminish Elin's bravery in any way, just pointing out that some of the BS on here may appear less brave because they are exhausted from working plus handling all of the childcare, housecare, lawncare, etc while their WS plays. Some are also facing severe financial hardship if the marriage breaks up and wonder how they will manage. Divorce courts are not always fair.

Nev
B
B
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodstuff

I especially like the part, ��and ask the public to hold him accountable.� That might do the trick. He has all ready issued an apology of sorts on his web site accepting responsibility and admitting to �transgressions�. Unfortunately that was several days ago and a lot more dirt has surfaced in that time. Now his apology appears disingenuous. Lies upon lies, same record we�ve heard a million times.

Many accounts have him cheating through his courtship with Elin right up to a few days ago. Hard to believe he�s going to stop now. His circle of friends that include Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley do not help matters. His caddy Steve Williams also appear to have been an enabler.

I think the correct move (from this far away distance) is for Elin to cut bait. She is only 29 years old and can start anew. The children are young and will have no memory of these events plus she has �crazy� money to forgo the need to have a provider.

I too, am in awe of Elin.

I now believe that Tiger thought he could have "it" both ways. He wanted bimbo's, he wanted a family. He THOUGHT he could (using staff to work out the details) carry on two complete lives.

Is there such a thing as a man who loves his wife/family and considers the "girlfriends" a seperate part of his life?? I mean, certainly not on MB terms.
Please don't 2 x 4 me!

I believe his wife was, during hte incident and still is, in shock. She is probably finding out about the other cockroach girlfriends as we are, on TMZ. She needs to take a huge step back and re assess. Her M was apparently NEVER what she thought it was.
It seemd obvious now that MANY people knew about all these girlfriends-- xcept W.
She must feel like such a fool.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
I
I
If I had the chance to ask Tiger one question, it would be this:
"Tiger, regarding your young daughter, Sam, which type of person are you hoping she'll grow up to be: the skankahoes you diddle when you're on the road, or the loyal wife, waiting to be betrayed by the soul-less husband?"
I.e, Tiger, you're showing young Sam that there are two types of women in the world: Betrayed and Skank. Sadly, you have modeled the WORST kind of father/husband you could think of.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
K
K
I'm sure he wasn't thinking about anything, not his kids, not Elin...

Just getting some tail.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
OP Offline
M
I have seen very close friends of theirs (some not famous) interviewed who have said more than once that they actually do love each other, and recently cited that their love for Chelsie helped them work through the infidelity.

I didn�t know that. I think that is wonderful, really wonderful. I guess I just assumed the worse.

My fear is if she agrees with signing anything that requires her to shut her mouth she might as well kiss even the possibility she will ever have a real M with this man.

You are 100 percent spot on! As you noted, she is young and will have all the money she needs to live her life and provide for her children. From the look of things it appears that Tiger has not been monogamous for a single moment of the entire marriage or courtship. Beyond that, as her children grow they will eventually learn of their father�s affairs and they will see how the consequences of his actions resulted in their Mother�s divorce of Tiger.

M
M
Is there such a thing as a man who loves his wife/family and considers the "girlfriends" a seperate part of his life?? I mean, certainly not on MB terms.

Absolutely, barbiecat - that IS the goal for most people who cheat, male or female.

I often see BS here who seem to think the poor poor WS is so confused and trying so hard to choose between the BS and the OP.

No way. Virtually all people who are cheating in a marriage are doing because they want to have BOTH - they want both the security and comfort of marriage AND they want all all the fun and excitement of dating at the same time.

And yes, they do this by putting the spouse and family in one box and the OP in another box, and then convince themselves that nobody will ever notice this and that it will all work out just fine.

This is why exposure is so important - because it busts down the walls of this insane fantasy and makes it impossible to continue.

People who just don't care about their spouses any more will just leave and file for divorce. But the vast, vast majority of cheaters really are trying to have both and will continue for *years* trying to have both - for as long as they can get away with it.

My XWH did exactly what you described - put his wife and kids in one box ("Home") and the ho-bags in another ("Work"). He had convinced himself that this was perfectly legitimate ("We all work together! It's not a date! It's a Business Meeting!") and was raging mad when of course nobody else (like me and his adult children) would go along with such an idiotic fantasy.

When I refused to cave in and agree that this arrangement really was okay and I was just over-reacting, and refused to so much as walk out to the trash can with him, THAT'S when he threw his stuff in his truck and left and filed for divorce.

Boy, he showed me and everybody else, didn't he?
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
M
OP Offline
M
Is there such a thing as a man who loves his wife/family and considers the "girlfriends" a separate part of his life?? I mean, certainly not on MB terms.
Please don't 2 x 4 me!

Of course Tiger considered these women a separate part of his life. Does not the wayward spouse ALWAYS consider their �side-action� as separate and distinct? It�s not until the betrayed spouse surfaces the affair or the wayward spouse declares their love for the other woman that the two trains collide.

In Tiger�s instance he was discovered by National Enquirer over two years ago, complete with film and photos of him in action. That story got buried when he agreed to do a cover shoot for a sister magazine, Men�s Fitness. He learned nothing from that experience and continued to collect more and more girlfriends.

This guy is a real piece of work. A real role model.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 614 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation