Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by Dude007
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[A betrayed spouse most likely CAN NOT admit they would EVER do such a thing.

DUH! You posted this just after TWO betrayed spouses said they could do such a thing! crazy

"most likely"

Please re-read? DUDE

Sort of ruins your theory, though, doesn't it?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Dr. H has said that some affair happen in marriages where ENs are being met. But because there are no EPs, the WS allows someone else to meet ENs and they build up feelings for OP.

Affairs are ALWAYS ALWAYS about

defficient boundaries.

ITA with this because it's how our M was prior to the A...we were meeting ENs, spending a lot of time together.

IT's the boundaries and lack of EPs that hurt us.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
G
G
the other is I'm really hot and have cool sports cars!! hehe I'm kidding. DUDE
You should add, Humbleness, Modesty, Caring, and that you poses great Integrity to that list...

Oh wait

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
M
M
The most tragic mistake I see here is one you alluded to in your post. We all know of AA members who simply quit drinking and never work the program. They are dry drunks. It is the same with MB; we have folks who are in marriages where the affair might have ended but that is where the marital recovery STOPPED. As a result, the marriage never recovers.

This is exactly what I thought when I read the title of this thread, though the question posed in rprynne's first post was a tad different, I am going to answer the thread's title question.

We have lived for years only using some of the MB concepts...doing it "cafeteria style", picking and choosing which concepts we were going to employ. It was tough because FWH was not fully on board with MB.

We've struggled for 2.5 years because of this. We would go through periods of time where things were acceptable and I would even have termed them "good", but due to a lack of not using all of the conceptes, we eventually would stumble.

Recently FWH has decided that approach isn't working and we are now employing ALL of the MB concepts...doing the assignments, using Kim to keep us accountable. Things have changed dramatically since then and it's been very encouraging.

It's too bad that it took this long because a lot of damage has been done, damage that we now have to reverse. It's not the best way to approach recovery, so from personal experience, I say

Use all of the MB concepts from the get-go. It will save you so much heartache.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

M
M
The reason is they know how BAD it hurts on the receiving end. It is for that reason alone that most BS say they WOULD NEVER have had an A.

I disagree with this...knowing how bad it hurts is ONE reason a BS might say they would never have an A, but I think the MAIN reason is what OH, ML, and smb have said...because many of us had EPs in place NATURALLY.

Even if we didn't know what they were called, they were in place. THAT is why some of us BSs say we would never have an A. At least this is true for me.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

D
D
[A betrayed spouse most likely CAN NOT admit they would EVER do such a thing.

DUH! You posted this just after TWO betrayed spouses said they could do such a thing! crazy

"most likely"

Please re-read? DUDE

Sort of ruins your theory, though, doesn't it?

Not really? I think your sample size is quite LOW and is MB the place to take such a poll? Please brush up on your stats. You must have went to A&M..DUDE

Last edited by Dude007; 12/03/09 11:39 AM. Reason: grammar
D
D
Originally Posted by Gack1
the other is I'm really hot and have cool sports cars!! hehe I'm kidding. DUDE
You should add, Humbleness, Modesty, Caring, and that you poses great Integrity to that list...

Oh wait

I will..Thanks for the observations..DUDE

M
M
oooooookay...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
The reason is they know how BAD it hurts on the receiving end. It is for that reason alone that most BS say they WOULD NEVER have had an A.

I disagree with this...knowing how bad it hurts is ONE reason a BS might say they would never have an A, but I think the MAIN reason is what OH, ML, and smb have said...because many of us had EPs in place NATURALLY.

Even if we didn't know what they were called, they were in place. THAT is why some of us BSs say we would never have an A. At least this is true for me.

So are you saying for Melody Lane's scientific poll(She's an A&M grad) that you would have NEVER had an A. NOT POSSIBLE, NO WAY, NOT EVEN IF IT WERE TIGER WOODS? DUDE

M
M

So are you saying for Melody Lane's scientific poll(She's an A&M grad) that you would have NEVER had an A. NOT POSSIBLE, NO WAY, NOT EVEN IF IT WERE TIGER WOODS? DUDE

Wrong again, DUDE, I am not an A&M grad! rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M

I am saying that before my H's A, I had EPs in place without knowing that is what they were called.

I don't and didn't flirt, don't and didn't socialize with other men without my H . I am a SAHM so work is not an issue.

I don't and didn't email or talk on the phone to other men about personal things ~ and I never have. I've never had an interest in doing these things, in fact they make me uncomfortable. Before my H's affair, I didn't know why they made me feel uncomfortable...I do now.

During our FR, I started going out with girlfriends quite a lot...both married and single. We went to bars, went dancing...I wasn't protecting my boundaries and I KNEW it. I got myself into trouble a few times but KNEW what was happening and I knew exactly why. (I did not have an affair but DID put myself in inappropriate situations).

I was a complete mess during that time because of the FR (not excusing my behavior) but I still KNEW that what I was doing was risky and I was willing to take that risk.

Things are very different now...we are not in a FR and my M is improving every day. My EPs are iron-clad and when I think back on the FR and my weak boundaries and what I did, it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I never want to feel that way again, therefore I will never do that again ~ I will never loosen up my boundaries and let my EPs slip. I see how that slippery slope works and I am not willing to take that risk.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

M
M
DUDE needs to change his name to WRONG. grin

Exposure 101

G
G
I followed not one Harly principle. NOT ONE!
And you also don't have a Marriage.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
D
D

You're at 3 standard deviations with a 95% confidence interval and moving out further per the Empirical Rule. DUDE

D
D
Originally Posted by Gack1
I followed not one Harly principle. NOT ONE!
And you also don't have a Marriage.

What do you have/get that I dont? A vow? I'm certain I get everything else you do. Dinner cooked, sex, etc..DUDE

W
W
And to the other question, I followed not one Harly principle. NOT ONE! I had an RA. I got my own APT. I told her family off and did nuclear exposure AFTER THE A ENDED. Yet, here I am w/ my fwxw and I back together like the early days??!! IDK I imagine part of it is luck/karma/God, the other is I'm really hot and have cool sports cars!! hehe I'm kidding. DUDE

So, back in the early days, you and your fwxw were perfectly content accepting a lifestyle that would never include marriage or any other form of commitment? Because I believe you have stated that you have no desire to ever get married again. So, if in those "early days" you never intended to marry or commit to your wife, then how did you end up married and committed?

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
D
D
Originally Posted by writer1
And to the other question, I followed not one Harly principle. NOT ONE! I had an RA. I got my own APT. I told her family off and did nuclear exposure AFTER THE A ENDED. Yet, here I am w/ my fwxw and I back together like the early days??!! IDK I imagine part of it is luck/karma/God, the other is I'm really hot and have cool sports cars!! hehe I'm kidding. DUDE

So, back in the early days, you and your fwxw were perfectly content accepting a lifestyle that would never include marriage or any other form of commitment? Because I believe you have stated that you have no desire to ever get married again. So, if in those "early days" you never intended to marry or commit to your wife, then how did you end up married and committed?

I don't want anyone else other than my wife. I never will. I don't want to say a vow publicly again and have all the contractual obligations associated w/ it. DUDE

M
M

You're at 3 standard deviations with a 95% confidence interval and moving out further per the Empirical Rule. DUDE

If you consider this thread to be sound statistical analysis, then you have earned your new name: WRONG. grin

Exposure 101

D
D

If you consider this thread to be sound statistical analysis, then you have earned your new name: WRONG. grin

Nice try..You can't win(spin). Give it up!

M
M
How about WRONGO? That has a cute ring to it! laugh

Exposure 101

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation