Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Little statistic fer ya'll - 98% of people yell, "OH [censored]" when they hit black ice and skid off the road.

The other 2% are from Texas and are known to say, "Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

(fer me, it's my soda, but whatever)

Yes, Virgina, there is such a thing as snow and it's due to hit the Alamo city TOMORROW morning. I don't think there is a kid in this general area who isn't on his knees prayin' right now....or a parent here on theirs askin' God to overlook this little miracle until at least Saturday. I'm already dreading getting the note home from the teachers saying they couldn't get the kids to pay attention today. But honestly, who would be able to pay attention when you've not seen snow in like...ever? (My littles were babies when we saw snow last, and my biggers littles then)

I know this parent HATES makeup days - especially ones that stave off summer va-ca a day or two more.

My feet are cold just typing this.

The husband laughed at me when I considered buying Snuggies for the dogs (yes, they have 'em)...now he knows since they want to sit on US after coming in so they can warm up their little noses and feetsies. Pft. HIS dog is a boxer and I'm makin' her sit on HIM for once. That's what he gets fer laughin' at me.

The update - VD picked up the children for Thanksgiving week, surprising us all. Surprising us even more, she kept them the whole week.

Of course DD stb 7 came home with lice. Blech. Happy Thanksgiving, have some turkey with your bugs.

It all has fallen into place, tho, why she got them and kept them so long. It seems one of VD's other children has decided to go live with her father...saying that it's too dramatic at VD's house.

Wow. So we've concluded she's probably trying to mom up to show she can be a good mother...and she's probably feeling a bit rejected. It also explains why she's yet again acting like she is job hunting. Apparently she's going to have to pay CS for yet another child.

The kids came back fine except for the lice (am I really saying that...the except for the lice thing?). They have been a bit clingy, but other than that no other tales from the crypt to report.

My oldest turned 20 Monday. He came and visited yesterday. For those of you on FB, check out his juggling...that's what he does to keep in shape. I am in awe and I MADE that! Weird and cool at the same time.

* * * * * * * * * <- those are snowflakes

Kimmy

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
W
W
I was 13 years old the first time I saw snow. My mom and I had moved up to the mountains in Arizona to live with my grandmother, and I was sitting in my pre-algebra class when suddenly I noticed these tiny white flakes falling from the sky. I spent the entire period staring out the window in awe. Everyone thought I was crazy. Gee, it's just snow. Get a grip. But, to me, it was a miracle.

Oh, I got a D in pre-algebra that year, but I went on to redeem myself the next year by getting an A in algebra.

Sorry about the lice. It's a horrible thing to have to deal with. We went through a bout of it when my older daughter was in elementary school. She caught it from someone in her class, and the parents kept sending their kid back to school before they were completely gone. We got rid of it several times, only to have it show up again. I finally had to complain to the school. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent picking nits out of her hair, and washing everything, and vacuuming the furniture and mattresses. Ugh. On the bright side, my house was immaculate.

Congrats on your son's birthday. My oldest turned 20 in July. He's in Colorado for the winter working at a ski resort. I miss him.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
D
OP Offline
D
OCDD has gotten them since she was 9 months old. It's one of the reasons we were granted custody of the kids. DD gets them nearly every time she sees her ... um ... othermother.

Meant to say too but I forgot...you inspired me...turkey enchiladas verdes tonight! NUM!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
I looked up the weather for where Neak has moved to.
It's 5 degrees right now - sans wind factor.

Northeast corner of Wyoming.

F
F
I lived in the NE corner of Wyoming until a year and a half ago. So glad I don't anymore. Could never wear my hair down, a mild breeze was 35mph all the time.
Poor Neak, Better bundle up and keep your chin down smile

Fled

Me BS
D Day 4-2-2005
OC born 12-2004
DS 21, DS 12
Married 1993

May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.

Recovering....it's a long road, even with a dedicated FWH

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation