Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 57 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 56 57
Sh0cked #2282292 12/03/09 08:59 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Somehow she got tipped off; she's changed her Yahoo! password.

Yes, I know I shouldn't be spying, but there's still so much going on.

Somebody earlier wrote how easy it was to compromise a Yahoo! password. Since I tried getting it sent to me, it wound up getting sent to another account (which she's already changed), I'd like to erase my tracks...

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282294 12/03/09 09:02 PM
C
C
Stop it!

Dark.

catperson #2282295 12/03/09 09:04 PM
F
OP Offline
F
OK. But now I'm busted.

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282306 12/03/09 09:29 PM
C
C
So what? You no longer care what she thinks about you.

catperson #2282307 12/03/09 09:31 PM
F
OP Offline
F
D*mn, I hate your logic.

I guess at Day Three I still do. I have to work on that a bit...

I can't believe people do this for TWO YEARS.

And my time limit (not etched in stone, but there it is) is only 5 more months...

Last edited by Fred_in_VA; 12/03/09 09:34 PM. Reason: Additional commentary

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282310 12/03/09 09:37 PM
C
C
Remember that some betrayed spouses' time limit is 30 minutes. Just long enough to throw the other person's crap out of the house. You're doing fine.

catperson #2282315 12/03/09 09:47 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by catperson
Remember that some betrayed spouses' time limit is 30 minutes. Just long enough to throw the other person's crap out of the house. You're doing fine.
I just read this in another thread
Difference between you and I? I was NOT willing to waste my life waiting around for a WW to make a decision.
You need to divorce this woman NOW.
Man up stop being a WHIMP. You know people like you really give MB a bad name - thinking that its all about chasing after a Wayward.
While I appreciate JL's advice - I think it is so 2yrs ago. All thats left now is DIVORCE.
And finally this...
Or go ahead and waste your life......you seem to be doing a good enough job of it.........
This is where I seem to be so conflicted. My angry, betrayed self agrees with the above. The man who loved this woman enough to want to marry her because he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her doesn't want to let go...

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282320 12/03/09 10:01 PM
C
C
The thing is, every single person has to make the decision for them. That's the number one rule here - no one will ever tell a BS what their level of tolerance should be. It's different for each person.

I think the key issue is to be honest with yourself, and know whether you are truly capable of swallowing a lot of crap, in hopes of waiting out the affair and defogging your spouse, or whether you are so insecure that you'd wait 20 years in hopes of hearing them choose you because you simply don't think you deserve any better.

catperson #2282322 12/03/09 10:09 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I think the key issue is to be honest with yourself, and know whether you are truly capable of swallowing a lot of crap, in hopes of waiting out the affair and defogging your spouse, or whether you are so insecure that you'd wait 20 years in hopes of hearing them choose you because you simply don't think you deserve any better.
And that's the thing. Earlier I said that one of my key "issues" was loyalty. I've always been loyal (work, relationships, etc.) and have been betrayed a number of times. My WW "snared" me early in our relationship by telling me (without her knowing about my issue), "the one thing you can count on me is that I'm fiercely loyal." So the betrayal is like a knife in my heart.

I know that's what everyone feels like, so I'm not trying to minimize others' feelings. But as I told her as she was leaving, "if you wanted to hurt me or send me a wake-up call, you couldn't have picked a better way."

I guess that's why my Plan B time frame coincides with our separation agreement. If there isn't a positive change by the time we're eligible for divorce, then I'm filing...

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282349 12/03/09 11:57 PM
S
S
Fred, you have a plan. It is a good one. Stick to it.

1) Dark Plan B. If she wants to work on R, she knows what to do. You have done a great job setting boundaries � do not compromise them.
2) Do not make life altering decisions under duress. Time is your ally. You can decide to D later. Right now it is time to work on Fred.

I've been there and I know how difficult it is. I used to put sticky notes on the phone, computer monitor, and car steering wheel - "leave her alone." That helped me keep my cool. You may want to give it a shot.

It may not feel like it but you are doing great. As they say, this is a marathon not a sprint.

- Sh0cked

Me: BH
Her: FWW
Kids:DSD 12, DS 7, DD, 7

EA/PA: September 2007 - November 2007
Sh0cked #2282449 12/04/09 09:52 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Sh0cked
Fred, you have a plan. It is a good one. Stick to it.

1) Dark Plan B. If she wants to work on R, she knows what to do. You have done a great job setting boundaries � do not compromise them.
2) Do not make life altering decisions under duress. Time is your ally. You can decide to D later. Right now it is time to work on Fred.

I've been there and I know how difficult it is. I used to put sticky notes on the phone, computer monitor, and car steering wheel - "leave her alone." That helped me keep my cool. You may want to give it a shot.
I put up notes before Plan B went into effect. I've now done it again. Thanks for reminding me.

My note hovering over my computer reads:
No contact
No curiosity
Dark means DARK
No means NO

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282472 12/04/09 10:52 AM
Z
Z
Here's the deal, Fred. You seem to be thinking that you need to just sit aroud on your hands for 6 months while you do this Plan B thing, and have no fun.
But, look, you are going to Iceland, right. You have some $$ and you can do other things. like the Iceland trip, while you go through the waiting period.
Plan B does not mean you have to be a hermit. It frees you up to get your life satisfaction from other activities, (but no romance).
Fred, once I was out and away from my wife, I began living life , again, for the first time in years. I connected with old friemds that I had lost because of my association with my XW. I rededicated myself to golf and got below scratch for the first time since I played in college. I saw movies, went on vacations(some eith my ex-father-in-law and my X's brothers and uncles, much to the bewilderment of the OM and anger of my XW).
My point is tht doing this plan B does not mean you do not enjoy life. Odds are pretty good that once you are out and away, you may decide you do not want to ever go back to her, even if she makes overtures.

Fred_in_VA #2282478 12/04/09 11:00 AM
Z
Z
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
And that's the thing. Earlier I said that one of my key "issues" was loyalty. I've always been loyal (work, relationships, etc.) and have been betrayed a number of times. My WW "snared" me early in our relationship by telling me (without her knowing about my issue), "the one thing you can count on me is that I'm fiercely loyal." So the betrayal is like a knife in my heart.

I know that's what everyone feels like, so I'm not trying to minimize others' feelings. But as I told her as she was leaving, "if you wanted to hurt me or send me a wake-up call, you couldn't have picked a better way."

I guess that's why my Plan B time frame coincides with our separation agreement. If there isn't a positive change by the time we're eligible for divorce, then I'm filing...

Another red flag for a personality disorder is her asserting her fierce loyalty. See, these folks, through years of having their antannae out, are incredibly adept at sensing/intuiting/picking up clues as to waht is important to you. Then, they mirror it so as to draw you in.
Fred, you may not have explicitly told her about the value you place on loyalty. But, through your behaviors and remarks, I am sure this came through. So, she picked up on it as a way in with you.
Just think about how weird it is for someoen to declare " I am feircely loyal". Truly loyal folks do not have to point this out to others, Thye just act on it.
And, think about the absurdity of that statement in light of her having abandoned her kids, both while drinking and on the custody front. And, look at her cheating on you. LOYAL, right?---NOT.
So, we can establish that she misrepresented her possesion of a qulaity in herself that she knew was important to you.

Look, everyone puts their best foot forward during courtship. But, the disordered actively misrepresent themselves and they do weird thing like make this type of declaration. She mirroed you, like they do.

Zelmo #2282491 12/04/09 11:17 AM
F
OP Offline
F
The chess match begins anew.

I just got off the phone with my attorney. WW has contacted her with the following requests/demands. Below each is my proposed response. I welcome (and ask for) any opinions:

Tell her the number of (exposure) letters I wrote and to whom these letters were written.

Refuse. She knows about OM, OMW and landlady. She/they apparently do not yet know about the three letters sent to OM's employer.

Write apology letters to each person to whom I wrote exposure letters recanting previous letters.

Refuse. Is she kidding?

State whether I am having her followed

Refuse. I'm not, but why should she know that? I will ask my attorney simply to not answer the question.

Take no actions to harm her financially based on information I received from reading her email.

Agree. This is stipulated in our Separation Agreement, anyway.

Deliver the following items to her (the attorneys) office or to her directly (piecemeal list not included -- irrelevant)

Refuse. Plan B letter specifically states "I do not wish to be inconvenienced by your need to make multiple trips."

In addition, my attorney has asked and advised me the following:

That I will not be writing any more (exposure) letters.

Agreed. I will inform my attorney that letters were also sent to OM's employer, but that I will not be sending any additional.

I have not and will not do anything to harm WW financially.

Agreed. In addition, I have sworn to attempt no further 'hacking' into her email.

I will select a date on which WW can bring over moving van.

False. WW has from six months since D-day to accomplish her move-out. I merely said that weekends would be best, and that I would not be available New Year's weekend.

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282524 12/04/09 12:01 PM
Z
Z
If your attorney knows what she is doing, she will ignore most of this. Did these requests actually come from your wife's attorney. If so, he or she must be an idiot.
I'd abide by the advise to stop sending letters. I never liked the letter idea in the first place as documenting the exposure may pose a bit of a problem in cases where there is an issue as to accuracy.
Just let your attorney handle this. Your wife sounds like an idiot.

Zelmo #2282526 12/04/09 12:04 PM
Z
Z
Tell her you are not having her followed but are bombarding her house with microwaves. Offer her enough aluminum foil to insulate her house.

Zelmo #2282564 12/04/09 12:46 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I'm learning, folks, I'm learning.

I had spoken with my attorney and was drafting a reply. I was going to answer each item. But then it occurred to me, this was playing into WW's hands.

This is my propose message to my attorney:
Dear Ms. S____,

Please relay the following message to my wife:

"The conditions for contacting me are clearly spelled out in my letter to you. My attorney is only to be contacted when you wish to arrange for a mutually-agreeable time to retrieve your remaining possessions. She is not a message carrier."

Thank you for your service.
Good? Can it be better?

St. Francis of Assissi
Fred_in_VA #2282567 12/04/09 12:51 PM
Z
Z
I would instruct my attorney not to respond at all. Why pay .25 hours for a letter that serves no purpose?
Best thing you an do with a narcissist is to ignore her.

Fred_in_VA #2282568 12/04/09 12:51 PM
T
T
Especially when you're gonna get billed for every message carried!rant2

tl

thndrnltng #2282571 12/04/09 12:53 PM
K
K
Apologize for exposure? Boy her ego-balloon is blown up to kingdom come, isn't it?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
Page 14 of 57 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation