Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I need some help regarding spy software. I am about to go into full 007 mode to try to catch my wife red-handed. The problem is I don�t have a clue.
Can anyone recommend a keylogger? Can I download one or do I have to buy a software package somewhere? Which one is the best?
What should I know before I install one? How do I make it completely invisible?
I need recommendations from anybody that may have used one successfully. I have about 8 hours to find one and learn how to use it. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Formerly timetofly.

I thought that a change was in order to start the new year. It was time for me to fly after all.
L
L
I have used WebWatcher (www.webwatchernow.com) and have been happy with it. I like it because it doesn't email info to you - you access everything via a web site. You can even watch activity 'real time'. It's available via download, and isn't too expensive.
Good luck

Me: BH 60 - Married 21 years
ExW had an EA beginning 09/09 (Facebook)
After a few false recoveries, I filed for D 05/11
D final 03/12

'Be Mindful of Your Many Blessings and Endeavor Daily to be Worthy of Them'
Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
A
A
Hey timetofly! I know what you are going through. I am doing the exact same thing to my W right now. I installed a free keylogger called HomeKeylogger 1.7 on my Ws pc. So far she hasn't done anything on it but it does work. When u install it there is a little icon on the toolbar that you right-click and select hide icon. When you want to open the log to see what she typed u pres "ctrl+shft+atl+m" and the icon appears. Double click the icon and the log pops up. It just records her keystrokes. You do need to do a little clean up though. Depending on what Windows you are running (assumption on my part that you r running windows). One thing, click start button and right click on the keylogger icon on the right and remove from list. Second, click start button again and go into all programs. Delete the Home Keylogger folder. You may have to do this twice. Last, go to recycle bin and delete it from there. Simple!

I have seen where people have been talking about Keyprowler recently. I have not checked in to it yet but apparently it will take snapshots of emails that were sent to her, catching the OMs messages as well. And snap shots of webpages like MySpace and facebook. More than likely it cost money but it may be worth it. I am going to check it out today.

Good luck!

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Guys.

A
A
One other thing!
If she turns off the computer and turns it back on the program (at least homekeylogger) will not restart. You have to make sure to rerun it after the pc reboots.

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
A
A
I just checked out Keyprowler on cnet and they seemed to have some problems with. They did like AllInOne Keylogger 3.2 though. It is $70 or 7 day free trial. To me it is worth the $ if you can catch them!

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
M
M
timetofly, one that many here have used is eblaster. You install it once and never have to get on her computer again. It will email reports to any email address you specify. [make up a new webbased email account] It is never detectable and doesn't ever have to be restarted. You can change the settings from a remote computer. It is a little pricey - $100 - but it is easy to use and very effective.

You can download it at www. spectorpro.com and install it in under 5 minutes.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
ML - thanks for info. I have been asking people here for what they use and nobody said anything. So, thx.

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks, this would be fun if I didn't have tears in my eyes.

Formerly timetofly.

I thought that a change was in order to start the new year. It was time for me to fly after all.
M
M
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[timetofly]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

It is an ugly business. frown

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
I know how you feel! I have episodes every now and then. But this spy stuff takes my mind off of it. I actually to the point where sometimes I feel really bad for my W. I can't imagine the guilt she must be feeling. I don't know if she has had a PA with OM or just EA for now. But I try to remember why I am spying. It's not just to prove that they are, but to help W see what she is doing to her marriage. Right now she is blinded by it and thinks you are clueless. Once she know you know it will be a whole different ball game. But you need to be prepared to combat all the lies she will be telling you.

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
_
_
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
timetofly, one that many here have used is eblaster. You install it once and never have to get on her computer again. It will email reports to any email address you specify. [make up a new webbased email account] It is never detectable and doesn't ever have to be restarted. You can change the settings from a remote computer. It is a little pricey - $100 - but it is easy to use and very effective.

You can download it at www. spectorpro.com and install it in under 5 minutes.

I have used eblaster and agree completely with Mel except for one thing. Somehow yesterday my WW downloaded an anti-spyware program and detected my keylogger, so it isn't exactly 'never detectable'. It is a very good program though and I do recommend it.

-SOL
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
How do you suppress the urge to vomit when you finally read or hear whats happening?

Formerly timetofly.

M
M
Originally Posted by SickofLimbo
I have used eblaster and agree completely with Mel except for one thing. Somehow yesterday my WW downloaded an anti-spyware program and detected my keylogger, so it isn't exactly 'never detectable'. It is a very good program though and I do recommend it.

thanks for the heads up, SOL! Do you know which one?

Exposure 101

_
_
Mel-

She used PC Tools Spyware Doctor. At least the download page on that website was the last page visited on the last report from my eblaster. I have stopped receiving the reports now. I contacted Specter Pro for help but they haven't replied yet.

I think maybe because she installed the anti-spyware AFTER I already loaded keylogger, it was able to find it somehow. At least I still have my digital recorders.

By the way, I truely respect and value your opinions and guidance on this site. If you have the time, would you please read through my thread "Want new start - Wife doesn't"? I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions you might have for me at this point in my struggle. Thanks.

Time To Fly-

I only had my keylogger running since Sunday, but it was enough to bring me to tears. Not just the stuff between OM and WW, which was very painful, but the conversations with her enabling friends was hard to take too. It was interesting to see the half truths she was spinning to others about our relationship.

Either she is that delusional about our situation, or more likely, she is telling them what she thinks will make them more sympathetic and supportive to her destructive behaviors.

After reading a lot of stuff from keylogger, I seriously questioned myself if I could continue to Plan A at all or go right to Plan D. I realized my anger and hurt were clouding my decisions but after a day or so of uncertainty, I am still committed to saving the M and trying to save my family.

I guess for me, even if I can't get another keylogger back working, I can still do Plan A. I have exposed and need to focus on the 'carrot' part now.

I will keep trying.

Last edited by SickofLimbo; 12/10/09 11:37 AM.

-SOL
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Has anyone here ever confronted Other Man? I seriously want to unleash some pent up anger. I think for now though I'll just stew on it. And thanks for the help on the keylogger.

Formerly timetofly.

A
A
No since in getting worked up the OM for now. Don't waste your energy. He will get his just-do's. Hang in there TTF.

SOL - can you reinstall it and have the spyware doctor except as a trusted program? The free keylogger I am using was caught by our anti virus but I just accepted as a trusted file. Did she say anything when she saw the eblaster come up?

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
O
O
What verison of Eblaster did you have? I had some emails from SpecterSoft a few months back saying that some spyware programs can detect older versions of Eblaster but they had an upgrade and/or a new program available that still operated in full stealth mode.

A
A
OH - I love your saying! So true!

Me - 34
W - 37
C - 7, 7, 3
Married - 9yrs
_
_
Our House,

I just downloaded and installed Sunday from the website so it was their most current version.

TTF- I called the OM yesterday (he is in Australia). Didn't accomplish much, other than satisfying my 'taker' a little bit and allowing me to inform him that my WW was lying to him as well. She told OM that she had told me she was filing for D, but she hasn't...yet. She told him she threw away envelope from him and double baged it and that I went through the trash and found it. I told him the truth which was I saw an envelope from you sitting out in her spare room with your address....

Just subtly putting doubt in his mind. I then got a little carried away and getting too aggressive and he hung up on me.

-SOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (jah), 137 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation